Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

I went 256G natural titanium and date slipped as I ordered it, now 28th to 3rd Oct had everything saved so wouldn’t be held up and when I logged in it wasn’t there! Even some people in USA seem to have been affected by the late access to the website. It’s not as if they don’t know what’s coming 💵💵💵

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

This is the first time I’ve pre ordered an iPhone. Is the log in issues always like this or is the 15 pro very popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

It’s usually the same every year, goes live about 13:04/5 and then you order, but they made a complete nuts of it this year world wide it seems. Some people where waiting 20-30 mins to get online.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's amazing how the mobile phone companies operate.

I've added a table below with various costs. I've just done Eir and Vodafone as I can't get the price on line that 3 are offering.

Anyhow this is based on an Iphone 15 128GB on 2 year contract

I'm currently with Vodafone and have an eligible upgrade but it's a con as I get two price options that are more expensive than what new customers get.

These are marked as Upgrade 1 & 2 whilst the Vodafone prices are for new customers only.

I've also added buying outright from Apple and included Eir SIM Only which has offer of €19.99 for 12 months and €24.99 for next 12.

So the best option for me is Eir with more upfront costs. Staying with Vodafone will cost me at least €431 more for nothing.

This also works out considerably cheaper than buying outright from Apple.

Also, excluded are the rip off CPI annual increases.

Hope this helps some people with their decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

Just received this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone a fan of the white titanium pro here no? :) I went for that one, didn’t buy until 1:40pm and got a delivery of next Friday Sep 22nd. Probably not so popular next to natural titanium but I just wanted a slightly brighter-looking phone after a year with the deep purple pro max which I found to look miserably dull in most lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I went with the blue pro max on eir.

699 for the 256gb and 49 pm

Seems like a good deal.

Upgrading from a Samsung s22. Possibly the worst phone I have ever purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

I had similar going from 22nd - 25th during checkout. I go on holiday for two weeks on the 23rd and don't trust the delivery driver not to just dump it on my driveway so decided to hold off on ordering until I get back. Was hoping I'd have it for holiday photos but not the end of the world, my iPhone 12 Pro Max still holds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are you sure about the monthly cost as I think it's €59.99 PM not €49

Either way if you could afford the extra up front you'd save €330 over length of contract if you pay €849 upfront but reduce monthly fee to €39.99. Only issue is 20gb data limit which is plenty for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You’ll very likely get the one set for the 25th, on the 22nd. The same thing happens to me every year. It says the Friday when I’m adding to the basket and then the Monday based on the delivery address. Always shows up on the Friday launch day though. They’re just overestimating by a day due to the location I’m in.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Does anyone know what last year was like for walk in availability in the likes of Select(Compub), Harvey Norman etc?

I have a preorder with a date of October 2-9, but might chance a few stores next Friday to see if I can pick one up.

Or is there much chance of that delivery date getting moved forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Does anyone buy from Harvey Norman on launch, do they get stock normally? I have €300 on a gift card I'd like to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I really didn't want to get stuck in a contract again but gadget envy took over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,607 ✭✭✭squonk

I got a date of Sept 25 for my 512Gb Pro Max blue version. I’m hoping I’ll get it Friday but I’m in a rural area so god knows. Was a bit torn whether I’d upgrade or not. My 12 Pro Max is still feeling fairly fresh. My iPhone 6 was in its last legs when I upgraded to the X but they’ve improved so much now that even those a few years ins are still very capable. It’s the camera upgrades that swing it for be and even sim, only just.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I had a look online just now to see what availability looked like for 15 Pro 256gb in blue just out of interest. A delivery date of the 17th of October was surprising.

I thought with the little upgrade on the model there wouldn't be too much demand this year.

I have a 12 Pro but don't feel any reason to upgrade this year anyway. Maybe for the battery but that would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

looking at Murphs table above, i could end up switching in January rather than upgrading on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ditto, i had Caudabe cases for years on a variety of phones, but got tired of them - although i do have a screen protector and a leather skin on the back for grip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those not in a massive rush to have the phone on Day One, it is cheaper to buy in the UK, for example buying from Amazon:

iPhone 15: £799 = £818.97 (Irish VAT) which is ±€938 vs €979

iPhone 15 Plus: £899 = £921.48 (Irish VAT) which is ±€1054 vs €1129

iPhone 15 Pro: £999 = £1023.98 (Irish VAT) which is ±€1170 vs €1239

Roughly saving the price of the case to put on it.

• Advertisement

I go caseless too with AC+ to fall back on if needed. I usually buy a case and try it for a few days but never stick with it.

This is how the titanium looks after usage 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

On Apple's website, dates went sky high, so walk-ins seem like a way to go now 😀

It seems like the last year you could get it without a problem if you weren't picky about the colour or size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I order the titanium black 256PM and I got a delivery of the 25th too, you reckon I’ll get it on the Friday ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Ordered the pro max 15 with apple care. €1700 yikes. Defintely not using a case with this one. Bit annoying that 256gb was the minimum as I don't need massive device storage so its an extra expense.

Early October delivery.

If you live somewhere that isn’t very remote you should get it Friday. The same thing happens me every year - Killarney town. It happens to a lot of others too. Can’t promise it of course but that would be my educated guess

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I saw someone mention Humm in here earlier this week so had a look at Harvey Norman to see how much they're charging to use the service and it's very expensive. I think I'd rather a Revolut or Credit Union loan than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

The thing about Humm is that you can pay it off early and make lump sum payments with no fees. You're really only paying the original application fee (€10/€15) and then a couple of euro account fee per month (€2/3). I use it at least once a year, pay it back in 2-3 months instead of buying the phone straight out up front.

Got the 128gb Pro Natural Titanium. Pleasantly surprised when HN made them available online at 12:50 yesterday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Apple still hasn’t taken the money out of my account. Ordered on Friday. I’m just wondering does it come out when they ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Missed the live stream as I was working.

upgrading from a 14 pro to a 15 pro max for a few reasons. I’m an iOS developer and I use an old 11 pro as demo phone, I need something newer so the 14 pro will take that place. I travel a lot, not having to take lightning cables with me. I love photography and the extra zoom on the telephoto lens is interesting enough for me to try. Also titanium being lighter will make the upgrade to pro max a little easier for me in terms of weight.

I found it funny in the keynote that apple got the usb-c change out of the way very quickly, didn’t spend a huge amount of time on it. It was sort of buried in the great updates to the iPhone 15, which on paper is a really great phone for the price. Same main and ultra wide as the pro, same camera sensors, dynamic Island (which I think will get more support this year from developers now that it’s on the base model).

one thing I am surprised about is that there isn’t much uproar over usb-c change yes I know it’s finally time for it and I think it’s a overall net positive it seems like there should be more uproar, can also imagine the articles if they didn’t do this year all the “lighting again?” Articles.

overall I think it was a decent launch, certainly if I was an ordinary phone user I wouldn’t go 14 pro to 15 pro, but if I had anything 13 pro and below it would be an instant upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Ordered from Harvey Norman yesterday (and apple Friday, will return whichever comes last) - I generally try and get the new model ASAP so the sell to swappie prices haven't dropped by the time I get my old phone sent to them. Got an email from HN today saying "Unfortunately we're experiencing a delay of approximately 7 day(s) with the following items of your order: iPhone 15 Pro Max| 5G | 256GB | Natural Titanium | MU793ZD/A. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

Hopefully that means 7 days as in delivery 25th rather than delayed into October!

Advertisement