Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Good luck with it

im hanging onto the 14 pro max for another year,

apple eco system is savage

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm the very same. I never just pay the monthly amount and try and get it paid off quickly in 3 to 4 months to avoid the extra costs! I think Humm offers 36 or even 48-month payback cycles which you'd be absolutely insane to sign up for!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm the same. Hoping the delay is just the week in between the preorder and the phone release. I'd imagine the system isn't really used to anything being pre-ordered normally so is recognising the week gap as a delay rather than an actual real delay. Going from a 12 to a 15 pro so excited for the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Your the reason for the delays and out of stock messages. Total greed buying 2 and then returning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Oh yes he’s solely responsible, such greed ordering two phones out of the like 50 million that’ll be sold on opening weekend.

he’s the reason most popular models are now shipping 6 weeks. And this is the first time this has happened due to his greed

how very dare they!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Apple Silicon Case came this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

@rizzee Funnily enough I was just about to order the 15 Pro 128gb yesterday from Apple and I thought I'll pop onto boards and see what everyone else is doing- saw your post and said for pig iron I'd see what Humm would say. Got an email back this morning to say go for it and after looking it over, I can afford to buy the thing outright but I tacked on AC+ and new Airpods and will see it out over the course of a couple of months.

I had a few euros set aside for it but being able to spread it out over time meant I bumped the storage too. The quicker I pay it off the less fees and interest etc and I have the extra bits now instead of a month or two. Thanks for the heads up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Just cancelled the Apple one because I mistakenly ordered a pro instead of pro max. Reckon they’ll move the launch to Thursday now with all that surplus stock! 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

You can also go to the store and get only certain amount on Humm.

I went to the store and I'll only "finance" 499e because there's 0 fees with it. Not sure even why I financed those 499....probably for the sake of keeping the money on the account just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

I was too busy last Friday to get an order in on Apple's website and by the time I got around to taking a look, the shipping dates had slipped to November.

But on Sunday I walked into Select and paid in advance for a 15 Pro Max, to be collected on Friday morning. So that's kinda cool. Now need to see how much I can get for my 14 Pro Max.

(Yes, I know I didn't need to upgrade, but I work hard, earn enough money to afford it, don't drink or smoke and enjoy tech, particularly iPhone photography. Anyway . . .)

What's the best option for shifting a second hand phone? My 14 Pro Max is in mint condition, has had a case and screen protector on it since day one, but even with normal daily charging, the batter health percentage is down to 91 per cent. That seems like a lot after one year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

CEX are offering €890 for a 14PM or you will get a little more on adverts, most I’ve seen are between €950-€975. I normally sell mine on adverts every year but the wife needs a new phone so I told her she can have my 14PM for €850 as I know her 🤣

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Depends if you prioritise max price or least hassle.

Best option is sell it to someone you know.

Best price is sell it on adverts.

Least hassle and quickest is bring it to somewhere like CEX.

Reviews dropping in the next few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

If I manage to find one of these on sale in France or Spain while I'm travelling for the next few weeks, is there any difference compared to the Irish model?

Sell the 14 p max private

avoid cex at all costs

theyll come up with every excuse to give u way less than what u will get privately,

they tried it with me ref a 12 pro max yet I sold same phone on adverts for e200 more a few days after their ludicrous offer,

also don’t trade it in

you’ll lose big time

( only advice)

none afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 36 wiresandmore

The CeX prices for iPhone 14 Pros seem very high indeed, I would expect them to drop in the coming weeks once any supply of 15s comes in

Sell high

buy bloody low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Has anyone used Swappie for selling their iPhone? Prices there are from €960 to €1075 depending on condition for an iPhone 14 pro max 256GB

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've used swappie a few times.

zero issues, once your honest with your description, you'll have funds in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I actually had great experiences with them. Everything I had went as 'A' l, and the only time they "downgraded" my guess was when I really haven't seen that I had a solid scratch on the glass and a frame of the watch. The guy at the counter was really upfront about it. Then it went from their A to B rating...5e of a difference.

But yeah, shop around for selling your phone.I did that with every single phone I sold. Tried CEX, swappie, adverts and trade in. Trade in option was usually the worse one for me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Apple trade in prices are a joke, definitely don't go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah for a company that spends so much time in keynotes rattling on about recycling and the environment and green things in general they really should be offering a fair price for trade ins. It just shows really that it’s bit so much about environment as bottom line in Tim Cook’s Apple now.

I’d one cex employee ( grand parade Cork) dissing my ‘A’ rate Google pixel watch

and 7 pro

both boxed

as new condition - silver/ white

receipts etc -

yet went to Cex Blackpool, Cork city 30 minutes later and the manager there practically dragged the same items off me,

no qualms whatsoever giving me maximum pay out for the watch

and max trade in against Apple Watch 6 in silver for my Google Watch ,

after trade I told him of my horrible experience in their other branch ( including your wan trying to pass off a ‘c’ Apple Watch 6 as ‘A’ rated , and her attitude)

he couldn’t understand it,

he’s gained a customer

Best bet is sell privately ,

buy with an Apple employee discount if possible,

( I did it this way for my sons iPad for college)

was lucky enough to buy a 14 pro max silver256 gb off a guy on adverts in Cork who I previously bought from

phone was 5/6 weeks old

got it for e1050 or less

i was lucky

adverts can be a pain but worth it in my experience

sold plenty and bought a lot through it

reviews are worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Has anybody's order status changed yet? Mines still on processing..

Preparing for shipment since Friday.

What delivery date do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭squonk

Preparing For Shipment since Friday for me as well. Delivery date of Monday 25th. I think that might be spot on as I would be surprised if it arrived by Friday if it was shipped after today.

Advertisement