Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Last minute indecision to get a pro or pro max, aaah. I’ve gotten the pro max the last couple of years, but like a few commenters here, the size is unnecessarily big. The pro would be be a nice small downsize and that bit tidier to hold and carry. But the max has that improved optical zoom, which I would like. Aaahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’m in the same boat. I’ve small hands so the pro max versions have been a strain over the last few years. Have never had the smaller pro version. Mates have the smaller pro versions and I love the handle of them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I switched to the smaller form factor when I got my 12 Pro and I definitely prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Easier to ask here; does AppleCare+ mean I can send my iphone away if it needs repair or do I need to bring it to a certified repairer?

You don’t need AppleCare+ for that, you can always send your phone to Apple whether you have it or not. Apple will arrange all the logistics, they’ll collect your phone.

AppleCare+ just covers more types of damage, like accidental damage.

I have never bothered with AppleCare+ for a phone. It’s a bigger thing in the US where consumer rights are much weaker.

It's not worth the money here as you get almost all of what they are making you pay for by rights anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I have AppleCare for my 13pro. Select in Cork or Dublin will take of it. So, there is no need to send it to Apple. I needed a battery replacement in May. The Battery bulged damaging the screen It only took a couple of days. The guy in Select reckons Apple just replaced the phone. The logic board on my wife’s iPhone 8 went 14 months after she bought it. She was past the 12 months so, out of warranty and out of luck. You have 60 days to decide if want AppleCare after purchase.

Yeah, I’ve made up my mind and gonna go with the smaller form factor Pro, I’ll manage with the battery life and I’ve lived without 5x optical zoom for years so I can manage to wait another year or two, maybe until they really bump it up to 6x or even 10x eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Anyone able to get onto the apple store ?

Not yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

not yet

• Advertisement

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Strange , they're usually on time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The AppStore app is working but an error comes up after making all selections... every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭squonk

Funny. Every so often I get into the store but in using the recent app so when I switch to that I’m back to locked out. Then the store is down from safari as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Absolute joke trying to order iPhone this year only Apple Store working and that seems to have crashed now, got one at 13:13 but between the 25th and 29th )-: always looking after the US first delay it every year by 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Still not in at 13:17. This is the worst one ever for me.

on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

I got through to a guy in select and he said it should go live in a few minutes - issues with site

😂 what a joke! Issue with site! It’s the same bull every year. App seems to have crashed now too, Store down on Safari too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Finally got in. iPhone Pro Titanium Estimated 27 Sep - 2 Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The app and website were a disaster but finally got it ordered. 15 Pro 128GB Titanium Blue. Says delivery on Monday 25th but it will almost certainly be launch day, Friday 22nd.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Order in delivery next Friday 22nd sweet

Dates have slipped to 2-3 weeks.. well done Apple

After getting whacked with an October Delivery

It'd be quicker to send it to Apple than bring it to Select.

I sent my phone to Apple last year cause the screen started flickering. They collected it Monday at lunch time and they delivered it back Wednesday morning. They are very fast.

Sometimes they replace it, sometimes they will fix it. Depends what is faster.

Your wife should not have paid for a replacement logic board after 14 months unless the fault was caused by misuse, Apple's warranty terms cannot overwrite your consumer rights.

Your bulging battery issue would have been a free fix whether you had AppleCare or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭lotas

vodafone are now telling me i cant get one on upgrade... (facepalm) f**kers are saying new customers have more priority...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Delivery 2 to 10th of October. iPhone 15 pro natural titanium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭digiman

Ordered one on Vodafone and one on Apple, will take whichever one arrives first. Would have preferred natural titanium colour for something different but had the longest lead time of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭lotas

just told vodafone where they could stuff their sim card and moved to Three... waiting for them to confirm the order... we see what happens next... I did get 100 quid off when I moved from Vodafone to Three... 929 for 512Gb Pro Max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Very poor experience with the store. Lots of glitches and I was on immediately when it went live, and delivery date still changed from 22nd to the 25th while checking out. Not a big deal obviously, but annoying. Also I had checked out and got confirmation email, while family member still couldn't get past the 'coming shortly' page.

25th Sept for my iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB blue titanium and 28th Sept -3rd Oct for family member's iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB natural titanium. Seems to be a longer wait for natural titanium looking at the store now.

Advertisement