Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Senior Executive Officer: Local Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Avdel

Thinking of applying for this competition. Anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭BalboBiggins

How strict are they with management experience in this? Would managing a team of four be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kaykay27

I’m going to apply but I see there is also the staff officer competition open - can you apply for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Hi Kay,

Where did you see the staff officer job advertised? Is it nationwide? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CW2022

Is the staff officer on public jobs? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2021_AP

Going to throw in for this myself, slight payout but could get closer to home

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kaykay27

Hi! Wicklow Co co

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Got to interview stage on this one last time around. 2020. Didn't make it on to panel Don't think I will go for it this time. Best of luck to everyone applying

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I'll put myself in for this, is the order of your area preference important or if you list 3 are you considered for all areas equally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 acrowe

Hi it there any good websites to buy the examples for the testing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

I saw no Staff Officer posts @kaykay27? May I ask where you saw this?

Hey all, how did you find the psychometric tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I thought some of the maths questions were very poorly worded, and I'm sure at least one of the questions didn't have any correct answer listed as an option!

Other than that I thought they were fine, although I don't know why they allowed 40 minutes for the situational awareness test, I did it in far less then that....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

Hey all, I thought it went ok. Better than the practice test! Fingers crossed 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

@coolo83 SO’s are usually advertised on local authority websites

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YoungEntrepeneur

Agreed on the Numerical questions. Found them very tough admittedly. As far as previous threads go though, your overall scoring doesn't see a contribution from the Numerical questions (unless I'm mistaken in that).

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

For candidates passing all three assessments, a total score will be formed by taking the candidate’s score from the Verbal Reasoning Assessment and adding this to their score on the Situational Judgement Test.

The Numerical Reasoning Assessment is only used as a qualifier – therefore, while candidates do need to meet a minimum mark on the Numerical Reasoning Assessment, a candidates Numerical Reasoning score will not contribute to their final total score or the subsequent ranking of candidates.

It is envisaged that the Situational Judgement Test will be weighted more heavily than the Verbal Reasoning Assessment, when forming the total score/candidate ranking

Im glad someone else thinks the same. Im 100% sure at least one maths questions didn't have the correct answer in the options. Other than that, i thought it was ok.

I wonder when we will find out how we did etc? My first campaign. Just wondering if you all are currently serving civil service staff or in private positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Found the testing grand, got through them all fairly fast - not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

First time applying, currently in a private position in a MNC.

Be interesting to see how long this takes to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 nooneworker

Has anyone heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YoungEntrepeneur

Does anyone have any idea when we might hear word back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 interested_all

New to the thread. I found the tests challenging, but similar to others I got through the SJT within about 10 mins (40 mins limit) and took longer on the Numerical (25 mins against a 15 min expected but expect high levels of accuracy). My experience has been that any communications sent out in response to competitions are normally sent on a Friday afternoon.

Nothing yet, but I think I read on the competition details that it would be the beginning of Oct for results.

Hope we here something this Friday 🙏

Anyone hear when we might get the test results?

No, not October yet, so possibly Friday week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭pjordan

Some notifications sent out yesterday eve just before close of business. Good luck to all

Post edited by pjordan on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Advertisement