Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Senior Executive Officer: Local Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YoungEntrepeneur

Also confused by the above. Maybe they're getting mixed up with a different CS job?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

I sent him a PM and he said it was for this competition and he recieved word last Friday evening that he had been successful and called to interview and a presentation.

I don't think his being truthful..... as I've been told by Public Jobs that results are expected to be issued mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭pjordan

My sincere apologies to all. I've two application streams ongoing at the moment. One for this SEO and one for HEO. I just rechecked now because of scullerskys doubts and it's the HEO one I've been called for presentation and interview next month. Genuine mistake because of the speculation that we could expect results about beginning of October. Mea Culpa! Teach me not to reply too quickly in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Of mistakes on boards.ie - that is not the worst! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭StrikingOut

Results of assessments are up!

Phwew!

Passed

In saying that, I'm Middle Third for Verbal and Lower Third for Situational, so would be incredibly low down the Order of Merit once that comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 plaidshirt

Is anyone else's pending verification of the proctoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Just got mine too....!

No OOM yet, that is 'in due course..'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭pjordan

Yup, got through this time (pending the verification of proctoring as above!) No mistake, I hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nooneworker

"Yes, I just received my results for the Situational Judgement Test. I scored 1078, and on the Verbal Reasoning test, I scored 619. I'm over the moon because I didn't pass the previous EO competition. Do you think the interview will be the only stage?"

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Avdel

I got the same passed pending verification of proctoring (hopefully didn't do anything wrong there) OOM to follow.

I had a quick look at the scoring I'm in the lower third for Situational and Verbal Reasoning but in saying that I'm not to far off the average score so its hard to tell where I'll land in OOM.

I wonder how long it will take till the OOM. My battery was dying during the verbal reasoning, so I rushed through it. I need a new laptop though, hopefully, I eventually get some work to buy a new one lol. Passed anyway, thank heavens 🙏.

Fair play your scored way over the average score!

My sister works in the Council she said the next stage is normally Interview including a presentation.

Sorry i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nooneworker

Thank you Avdel & Coolio83- To be honest I was pretty shocked but over the moon, I've been out of work for over a year now and it is starting to get difficult. Applying for roles and hearing nothing back was hitting my confidence really badly so I needed something positive to happen. Hoping to get a interview - lets see what happens - Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Apologies for the questions, first time applying for any public role.

OOM - what is the usual timeline on communication of this?

I scored upper third in the sjt but lower third on the verbal, total 1643. Do they combine scores for both or are each on their own merit and work from top down so top of both categories tops the oom and then work their way down?

Good to get the results and understand the process regardless of the outcome all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Openair22

First time applying for this level in Public Sector, qualified and a little shocked thought the numerical was quite tricky.

Does anyone know what numbers applied and how many would be through post these assessments, is that sort of information available?

• Advertisement

Anyone hear from Public jobs in relation to the proctoring video?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Yes, I had absentmindedly had my phone thrown on the desk and it got picked up, I just noted there it was in the rules and guidelines as not allowed, didn't obviously use it but totally my fault on the day as I just jumped in on the testing,

Can obviously see that it could have been used to assist me by way of having calls/advice etc, but still nothing that I couldn't call up on the pc either if I really wanted, that they wouldnt see

sent an email back that effect, hate to be excluded for such an oversight

I got the same email. I actually used my phone for the calculator but I did inform them on the proctoring video. I also used my drivers license for my ID but thats in my married name so had to forwrd them a picture of my passport with maiden name.

Hopefully their happy with the reason for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eimys

I heard from them to say there was a phone on my desk which I completely forgot about. I did respond and in part said that if the assessment was fully monitored they will see I never used it.

It's a bit disappointing given I did well in the assessments.

I received an email last night other than the automated email, to say they received it and if they need further clarification they will contact me. Hopefully that's a positive thing but I'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Had something similar happen me last year. You may have to retake the assessment making sure all verifications are fine.

As long as you pass the re-take then you'd be fine, but scores from your original effort are what will count.

I haven't heard anything regards the procturing video, good or bad? Just wondering when you guys received the notification. Only received my test results yet. TIA

I'm assuming if your proctoring video is ok then your not going to hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eimys

Thanks for that feedback, it's really reassuring. I'll post an update when I get a response from them.

• Advertisement

Had anyone heard anymore from PAS? Im wondering when we might find out about our OOM

Advertisement