Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Senior Executive Officer: Local Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You won't hear for a while I'd say, because people that had to re-do the tests had up to today to sort them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Avdel

Thanks for that. Didnt know people had to retest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh, people with issues flagged within their camera recordings etc. get a chance to, ie not doing a proper 360 view of room or phone seen on the screen etc!

Hey all, anyone get an update from PAS with their OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 plaidshirt

For all those waiting, I received an email confirming my resits were satisfactory (previously failed a room scan), and it stated OOM would be issued next week.

Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kaykay27

Hi guys, first time applying for a public job so looking for some clarification to the hiring process…

im still waiting for an update to HR’s review of my video…at this stage can I take it that I won’t be resitting the aptitude tests?

OOM - do they place you based on the results of the entire SEO panel or based on your location preference - so I chose Wicklow as my 1 and only location…will my OOM be based on just the Wicklow pool or nationwide?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

If you haven't been called to resit then your video was deemed successful.

OOM: I think it is based on the overall results, then they break it down into the highest numbers placed and the first lot might be OOM'S GROUP A 1st best OOM's to be interviewed. Then Group B of the 2nd best OOM etc. If successful after the interview, you will be placed on a Panel, and should your designated area have upcoming vacancies in the timeframe of the campaign, then you will be offered a position from there. If you no longer wish to avail of the position, it will be offered to the next candidate who scored slightly below you at the successful interview stage, based on the competencies scoring.

(I DON'T WORK IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE AT PRESENT, AND THIS IS MY FIRST CAMPAIGN FOR THIS)-BUT MY INFORMATION IS BASED OFF PREVIOUS CAMPAIGN POSTS ON BOARDS.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eimys

@kaykay27 in response to your question on OOM, I have copied below an extract from the PAS website "Your score at the testing stage will determine your Order of Merit, or ranking, as compared to all other applicants". To me that would mean that your OOM is determined on the results of the entire SEO group rather than the area you selected. I do know and as explained above, how quick you get an interview then depends on which group you make it into.

I hope this helps and best of luck.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onion87

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this process aswell. I've been placed in the 50s on the order of merit, so it says I will proceed to the shortlisting in stage 2. Does that mean that they will now go through my application? Or does it mean they've already done that, and I will now be called for an interview? Does anyone have any idea of when interviews would take place?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 plaidshirt

OOM of 440, just shy of shortlisting which is frustrating. Hopefully for me 26 people ahead of me might have withdrawn by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Openair22

OOM messages are up! Anyone experience of this & whether they ever move to those who make the second round? Just shy of stage 1 qualifying mark… Also how long do this process last , is it 2 or 3 years? (Ie before they advertise again etc)

Im way off 722 the first phase for shortlisting. Im hopeful they'll do a 2nd phase!🤞

@Onion87 like you I am in the first round. What this means is that they will now assess your application that you completed when applying for the role. If they are happy with it they will then call you through for an interview.

For anyone who didn't make it in the first batch, they more often than not will call the next batch however it will take time. I've heard of them going to third and fourth batches too. I know someone who was in the second batch last year and it took one year from application to job offer. However the time frame can vary on loads of factors such as number of applicants, number of drop outs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onion87

Thanks a million! Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I'm 446! Move over...:)

second batch will be called at some stage, it may take a while though.

In a previous PAS competition for the CS I passed stage 1 a full year before hearing anything and then went through stage 2, interview and job offer within 3 months.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

My OOM is under 420 but I just missed out on getting called to the next stage, feck sake 🤣

Good luck to all in the shortlisting.

It just seems like such a convoluted system…im

low 500s in the OOM so prepared for the long haul on this but now that they are looking at cvs could some candidates within the 414 pool be rejected based on their experience?

• Advertisement

Yes they can. The first batch is going through the shortlisting process and may or may not be called for an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lub006

Would anyone have a copy of the information booklet by any chance? I can't seem to find mine anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amandadoh

Hi Everyone, first post here :-)

My OOM is 129, so after catching upon comments believe that overall in competition this far. I'm hoping for a post in the West so not sure how that will fair as majority of roles are usually in Dublin. But delighted to get this far as back in 2020 when i applied i didn't even make this round!

Just wonder if anyone knows if they pull the first 414 for shortlisting and panel a number of them. If they dont fill all the dublin vacancies will they move to a 2nd round of shortlisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lub006

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nooneworker

Has anyone been called for an interview? I ranked around 140 and have heard nothing yet and am starting to get worried 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Shortlisting will probably take them several weeks I doubt anybody has been called yet

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

Has anyone heard anything?

• Advertisement

Advertisement