Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2023 Senior Executive Officer: Local Government

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭kaykay27

so first time applying for a public role, didn’t get through so i’m clearly not answering the questions in the manner they want…. might be a cheeky ask but anyone who got through would you mind sharing with me one of your written answers so i can be better prepared next time?! thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,923 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Same, reached the Stage 3 Main Interview - delighted really to even get this far as I thought I’d be a no-hoper

Portal opens tomorrow to choose your time slot for your interview (between 9th and 27th Sept)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 e39bmw

Good luck everyone, possibly over 100 odd for interview if 1 board.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OllieDro

Best of luck to everyone!

Folks, does anyone have the PDF booklet for this role? Can’t seem to find it anymore

Thank you

• Advertisement

Interview today - Going in very cold admittedly as I’ve been quite comfortable in my Private Sector role.

Didn’t want to throw the interview away though just in case a miracle happened and I progressed further - This looks like a great role.

Without being too cheeky asking here; any last minute tips for it? I have strong management experience albeit probably fairly younger than the average applicant (running a business, running projects, managing large teams etc.) but my knowledge of the Public Sector and the Civil Service would admittedly be poor.

Had interview earlier

As others have said - it’s a tough interview with a lot of poking and prodding and interrupting

Successful or not it’s a good learning experience

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OllieDro

hi Callaway92,

I have completed the interview also. Let’s just say that I don’t hold much hope of getting panelled. I agree with you - the interview was tough - constant interruption and in-depth questioning of the way I dealt with situations in my examples.
    It lasted 45 mins and you don’t feel the time going! Best of luck to those still to sit their interview !

• Advertisement

Thanks for that - puts me a bit at ease to know I’m not a COMPLETE fool!

It’s very tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Completed interview this week as well it was tough going a lot of interruptions and questions I wasn’t quite expecting

Presumably we will know in the next two weeks

Advertisement