Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Senior Executive Officer: Local Government

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gargoyle711

Hello, I'm prepping for my interview next week and from reading about other people's experiences through the thread above I'm not getting a strong sense that they delve into areas such as the structure of LA's, legislation or the Putting People First Action Plan that is referenced in the information booklet. I don't want to spend a huge amount of time on these is it's not necessary. Do they ask about them in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SolarVirgin

Didn't ask me anything of that nature even though I'd prepared. However I'm an external applicant so they may have assumed little knowledge on my behalf, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 interested_all

This was my first public sector interview. I have to say that I wasn't prepared for the continuous poking of questions throughout the examples I was providing. The interview structure was laid out in the beginning, with each competency given a set amount of time. The questions posed were challenging. Overall I think I will put this one down as a learning experience and hope I perform better in the future.

I was advised that this is the last component of the recruitment process and they hope to have interviews completed and notifications issued by the end of February. Good luck to all remaining interviewees.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Avdel

Just wondering how people got on with the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Just received email to advise I was unsuccessful!! I wasn't happy with my interview overall so not terribly disapponted

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you weren't successful. I've heard the interviews for the Council are a lot harder than the Civil Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SolarVirgin

I was also unsuccessful. I had posted previously above, that I was unhappy with my interview performance so I wasn't surprised. I did expect to have a low ranking at best but no, I didn't panel. Hope others got better news.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

I was successful, pleasantly surprised following a few fails previously in equivalent civil service competitions. Not sure how long the process will take from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Openair22

How many were paneled from final interview well done to all who made & braved it… Will they need us extra OOMs at any point?!!🙏🏻😁

Im really hoping they do call a 2nd batch 🙏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kaykay27

I haven't heard anything to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Openair22

Not yet but likely be a few months I understand from PAS that 106 we’re paneled from the first OOM interviews out of 218 candidates who interviewed … There are panels for all counties with the exception of the Southern Regional Assembly… All future shortlisting requests will be sent via message board on publicjobs.ie….

Advertisement