Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another random person hospitalized after unprovoked attack in Dublin city center

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

What I have suggested is so at odds with the culture you've grown up in and become resolutely accustomed to, that the very mention of such things is like an assault on your sensibilities.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,197 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Case in point.

This is so at odds with historical culture, it's actually construed as "mental health issues".

I see folk go out every weekend, drink themselves stupid, behave like farm yard animals -- sometimes I construe it as the same thing.

It's what's normalized = it's the culture.

The culture is what needs to change......... radically.

What I've described is essentially a scene from Amsterdam city center. Not a bad place to live.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

Yeah it's a real brain teaser.

So with that being said, what if I told you that we are a wave, within a wave, within a wave......... within a wave?

Hmmm?

See, until we truly understand and address the mechanics underwriting the reality we have to manage, the results of our half-assed interventions (/policies) are always going to be questionable (a generous description in most cases, also).

To write this off is like someone who uses an iphone, getting mad when the concept of micro-circuitry is explained to them.

See, again it's a significant break from historical Irish culture, but there's no getting around the fact that considerable complexity underwrites these concepts (cause we've historically liked to "keep things simple"...... which is not to say that we're simpletons 🤨)

Until adequate appreciation of these concepts is undertaken, we're going to struggle to move beyond where we're at........ and we've seen in the media ad nauseum recently, exactly where that is;

A national scumbag behaviour epidemic, non-existent migration policy (and that's NOT to say we shouldn't be welcoming deserving migrants), rioting in our capital city, and the entire situation descending from bad to worse.

In physics we trust....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And on that I think this thread has well and truly run its course

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement