Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Best 4.5m defenders? Mostly interested in the below. Baring in mind they’ll be bench fodder for me

Botman - seems the best safest option. Difficult opening fixtures and high ownership might mean he drops in price early days.

Colwill - seems certain to start for Chelsea. Great opening fixtures. Maybe he’ll lose his place eventually and Chelsea are a bit unknown defensively at the moment.

Pau/Cash - seems certain to start and decent fixtures. Villa very defensively sound but can they maintain it this season? Cash apparently at risk for mins as Konsa can come in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hojland injured

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pau for me. Have him in latest draft and will most likely start with him.

Expecting Villa to do well this year and be defensively sound. I even like Martinez as GK but not sure I’ll double up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't make a call on a keeper - am i mad to be considering Pickford for 4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still 1 spot left in the draft league if anyone is hungry for adventure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DAngelo Bailey

Yes Everton are terrible and will ship a huge amount of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don’t think so. Not under Dyche. I think they’ll lose plenty of low scoring games and score very few goals. Not saying I’d go with their defensive assets, but I don’t see them as being in the top 5 most conceded when season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hmm Robert Sanchez has gone from Brighton to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Foden on bench, proves risky especially as de bruyne still on bench might be enough just take him out of my squad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs beat shaktar 5-1. Harry got 4 goals and Dean Scarlett got the 5th with the last kick off the game.

Have watched all 3 preseason gamed (4th game postponed in Thailand due to weather)

That was the 1st game where Postecoglou didn't change the entire team at half time

... In fact, he only made 4 substitutions all around 75+ minute.

Vicario

Emerson Davies Romero Udogie

Hjoberg Maddisson Sarr

Kula Kane Son

###########

Stay away from spurs defensively. They conceded 4 goals from 6 SOT in the first 2 games and conceded easily today although Vicario did pull off 3 or 4 smart saves today.

Hjoberg was a surprise starter today, hasn't featured much in preseason and heavily linked with a move to Athletico. Bissouma has been pulling up trees in training and pre season but he did go down with an ankle injury at the half time in the last game so maybe they are taking precautions. He probably isn't a FPL option but in the sky sports game with their slightly different way of accumulating points, for tackles, passes and intercepts - he's definitely one to consider.

Papa Sarr at 4.5 in FPL might be decent bench fodder.

Kula looked good today, involved in a lot. Maddison also had an assist for Kanes 2nd and was fouled for the penalty.

Son looked off the pace to me but he only has 45 mins of pre season under his belt so far and was late joining up with the squad on the recent tour.

• Advertisement

Cheers donkey - wonder f Kane playing the full 9 gives an indication he will be staying? Would have thought they might have tried a plan b for some of the game otherwise. If he is staying he will be in my team for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well he was captain for the day, you could take that either way.

He didn't celebrate any of the goals with much aplomb... but then again it was only a pre season friendly so no need to go nuts.

I watched him walk off, didn't seem particularly emotional about that, quite subdued if anything. Seen a few tweets that "he applauded all 4 corners of the stadium" etc etc but he wasn't anything like that.

I think he'll go if Levy accepts the bid. But he won't force anything. All depends on lent/enic I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

On this performance in front of goals Havertz isn't an option,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I won't be going with him but you could look at it two ways, yes he was wasteful. But he is playing upfront and classified as a midfielder, is playing for a team with brilliant fixtures and he won't be facing City again anytime soon, as I said I won't be going with him as I'm fairly locked in to Gabriel, Saka and Martinelli but both Havertz and Timber have given some food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mbeumo flagged (dead leg) 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Still 1 place available for the draft league.

Draft happening at 10.30pm on Tuesday (tomorrow) night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Why is Gabriel way more popular then Saliba?

Kane back in play it seems - hard to leave him out, back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

xGA of 5.70 vs 1.23 last season, I would assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

He’s still favourite to leave though, and you’ll have to leave out Salah or the robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He won’t leave - if he wanted to if would be gone by now - do you think he would be risking playing 90 mins in friendlies if he was going to leave? This time next year he can name his salary / signing on fee etc with any club in world.

you can get salah, Kane and Haaland easily enough but is it worth it? Salah wasn’t exactly in fire at start of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

A. Ramsdale + Shaw

or

B. Onana + Gabriel (save 0.5m too) ?

I’m leaning towards option B.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Definitely option B for me.... especially if Arsenal sign Raya.

Just read there that Nkunku is having knee surgery.....does that make any other Chelsea forwards more nailed?

Surely Jackson starts right? Or Big Rom 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Anyone else think they have royally fecked up the pricing of the mids this year ? No way rashoford / saka / Bruno should be the price points they are

On what ground thought? Do you think they are cheap or expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Too cheap I would have thought. Saka/bruno at 8.5 seems very low. Rashford also at 9.0 and martenelli at 8.0. Just feels like everyone is going to have the same midfield pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I guess it's to compensate with Haaland/Trent being so expensive. Nobody can have all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

They are definitely too cheap, IMO.

Rashford had his best goalscoring season of his career, is nailed starter, and on pens. The chief goalscoring outlet. He is still cheaper than he was in 21/22. He is 9.0 now. For comparison Sterling used to be around 11.0 or 12.0 at his best when playing for Man City and was not guaranteed a start or penalties. Maybe attacker #2 at best.

Like Haaland, Rashford becomes a default pick .And that is just one example of certain MIDs being under-priced. There should be a choice to make whether to go for Rashford or Maddison or Martinelli or Saka or Jota etc. Instead you can just pick 3 or 4 of them.

• Advertisement

But based on one season? Did Saka/Bruno have a consistently good season? Saka went missing for last third of the season and only scored high against relegated teams. If you consider the likes of Son who got 20+ goals+assists a season for 6 season and what he's priced at - is he too cheap as well?

What do you think Saka/Rashford, one season wonders pretty much should be priced at - and then compare that price to what Salah/Kane have done season on season for last 5/6? What Son/Kdb did etc.

Advertisement