Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023/2024 €50 Draft League H2H

Options
  • 25-07-2023 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Taking names now for this, winner takes all, draft league. 

Will give it a week, to allow lasts year’s participants a chance to sign up, before opening it up to everyone else.

CSF will be collecting the funds.

Draft day and time to be arranged but it’s preliminary set for the Tuesday prior to the opening GW and the time will be 10.30pm. That’s 22.30 folks.

The rules for ties are as follows - 

In the event of a tie, whoever has the most overall weekly H2H wins is declared the winner. If that is also a tie then their actual H2H’s, against each other, are counted. If it is still tied then the combined scores in those weekly H2H’s will determine the winner. Finally, overall score we be used if teams are still not separated.

This is the purest form of FPL so if you haven’t played before I suggest you give it a whirl.

Finally, we can decide how many to cap it at. My research is suggesting we should aim for 10 minimum in the league. So I’ll set it up for that. Hopefully we can achieve an even number so we can rule out anyone having to play the weekly average ! I’m even happy for 12.

As always, this is a winner takes all league.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

1. CSF
    2. fplfan12345

Please remember to use your Boards.ie name as your team name for the draft league. Thanks.

1. CSF
    2. fplfan12344
    3. Trimm Trabb
    4. Sands81
    5. Patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 8 degan55

1. CSF
    2. fplfan12344
    3. Trimm Trabb
    4. Sands81
    5. Patmac
    6. degan55

I should have mentioned a few from last year to give them a heads up so - @Scorpion Sting @Dearg81 @Xander10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I’m not gonna take part this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ah go on so. I wasn't gonna do it this year but I'm feeling fresh now after a couple of months off from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'm out

1. CSF
    2. fplfan12344
    3. Trimm Trabb
    4. Sands81
    5. Patmac
    6. degan55
    7. dearg81

Don’t forget to contact CSF for payment details.

We only need 3 more now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,838 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81, I owe you 50 euro for the FSA Prem anyway so consider yourself paid for this

4 paid up now, myself, fplfan12345, degan55 and Dearg81

6 is the total paid up now. Sands81 and Patmac aswell.

Don’t forget to use Boards username name for your team name in the league.

Trimm Trabb, you’re still planning to join up yeah? Patmac, make sure to join the league aswell (you’re already paid)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Only saw this thread - I’ll send over payment now.

Is that 7 in ?

So hoping to get 3 more wrapped up before the next weekend ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

In a separate draft and looking for opinions. Draft is Sunday, what do you do with Kane?

Depends, how many are in the draft ?

I think everything points to him leaving so I’d just ignore him. Maybe take him if he’s still available in the 5th round of picks as a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads - silly question - but is this a set and forget team, no duplication of players amongst teams - I've seen these advertised but never investigated the rules.

And also, does the draft go high to low in choice, then next round low to high - and do you need a second FPL profile to have the team set, or is it manually run?

Sorry for asking, but I am very intrigued!

• Advertisement

It is not set and forget. You will have the chance to swap in/out players every week if you so wish. You’re obviously likely to keep a Salah but if you have poor defenders then you may wanna try and change it up weekly.

Yes, on draft night there is a random draw as to who goes 1st, 2nd and so on, in the first round of picks.

In the second round the manager that had last pick in the first round now has 1st pick in the second round. And so on for the remainder of the draft. A snake like process.

You don’t need a second profile to play. You will find draft in the ‘more’ tab on FPL when you’re just logged in and looking at your current/normal team.

Hope I’ve covered your questions I’m happy to answer more should any other managers have any.

The night of the draft itself is good craic and quite the rush in trying to get the players you want

Just to add to the above for other managers that are considering this league.

It’s definitely the purest form of FPL and we have most of the same managers playing now for the last 4-5 years so that in itself shows it’s worth coming back to. I think if you play it one season you’re definitely more likely to play it the next season too.

It’s a nice distraction from the ‘normal’ FPL game.

I'll give it a go.

Stupidly I thought draft was just a set league where players picked teams on day one. Sounds a bit of craic.

As regards team selection, do I just need to be on the FF website at 10.30 on Tuesday if that's when it goes ahead.

Let me know how to pay.

Paul

Yes. Just pm CSF about payment.

Once you’ve received the code you can join the league.

Then you can have a look and play about with a draft list to give you a feel of who you’d draft and when.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When you join the league, set up a watchlist. Just in case you have connection issues, you will get the highest available player from that list.

Your watchlist will match the draft list mostly anyway, it's just a precaution.

Cheers lads

You should have my details, so just send me on 60 quid for this and LMS together if you're interested in both (believe you'd expressed interest in the 2 threads)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

I would join if there is space? Have played in similar leagues before

• Advertisement

Only 7 have entered the league.

How many have paid CFS ?

Advertisement