Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rashford the one season wonder who has hit double figures in goals 4 of the last 5 seasons in the league and has hit 22, 24 and 25 goal contributions in 3 of those seasons.

Saka the one season wonder who's scored double figures the last 2 seasons in the league with 20 goal contributions in both.

There, I compared them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

At the start of last season, very few people had Rashford in their team - despite being only 6.5m - why was that - if he was so prolific? If was only when his form picked up was he bought in his droves. He scored 4 goals in the league in 21/22 season - hardly inspiring or must have. No one can argue that his form was atrocious for a good 1/2 years.

Likewise how many people started Saka in their team?

So many people look at 1 season and think they should be more expensive. I don't see too many people say Kane/Salah should be 14m along with Haaland - Kane finished the season 9 points behind Haaland. So why not complain about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

I'm just a casual player and don't analyse things too much but the prices just seem a bit skewed to me and was suprised how low the players I mentioned were. I thought rashford bruno saka would all be around the 10 Mill bracket and martenilli/odeegard a bit higher aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

The prices are low. It’s ridiculous.

I can have two premiums and still a who’s who.

With one premium it feels like the rest are the globe trotters.

It’s stupid easy to have a start studded lineup.

The problem now isn’t who do you want. The problem is having the right players at the right time.

I can have 11 players on the pitch from teams I fancy to finish top 5 or 6.

That’s ridiculously easy. And boring.

Did you say the same thing last season? Or the season before ?

Chances are out of Rashford/Saka one of them will have a poor season if not both. Based on how they are priced - what points do they need to get to be like na they are too cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You've literally just summed up the challenge, do you go....

One Premium and globtrotters (knowing the premiums are premium for a reason)

Two premiums and shoot your shot (and try to get the two premiums right)

It's been the same every year, you can afford nice players, you just have to decide which nice players to own. Nobody wants a game that we're all relying on 4.5 mids and 5.5m strikers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm expecting a top 1k finish after this comment! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I don't fancy Rashford, going for Bruno though.

Is he on penalties over Bruno? United just bought a lad for 70m + to score goals, granted he's just got injured. Let's just say after GW1, saks and rashford blank and Kane, Salah and KdB all get double digit hauls - What then - what happens to the template. KdB has been consistently one of the best mids over the last few years - yet has been picked by last than 15% of people. How many people are saying he's mis-priced?

This idea that certain players are too cheap - players have always been cheap - but your just thinking that they will explode this season - despite how poor Saka was for a large part of last year - part of the reason why Arsenal didn't win the league - him and others went missing for the last third of the season.

How many people started with Rashford last season when he was 6.5m?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Anyone use any of the advice sites? FPL tools, Fantasy Scout etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Anyone got a fixture excel tracker or where can i find one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I use Hub, £16 for the year, Ben Crellin gives an excellent fixture tracker that you can set out your team on and book in your transfers. Probably hard to make our here but I think it's excellent. Although I think that price is a legacy price, might be more expensive now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Raya gone on loan to Arsenal. Who will be the Brentford no 1 now 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ah no.

David Ornstein reporting that Levy has accepted a new offer from Bayern for Kane.

Now up to the player seemingly.

Edit - although better happening now than on Monday. I now have a shed load of extra cash to spend on my team or I’ll have to find 1.5m to get Haaland in.

Gary Neville has suggested that Kane was waiting for Levy to accept a price from Bayern so then Man U would be able to offer the same amount and Levy, in Kane’s eyes would have to accept that offer too.

Wonder is he in the know or just talking waffle.

Same, will get in Haaland now.

Not spreading the cash.

Had a get Haaland in a -4 if he left after deadline.

Yeah. Think I’ll go the same way.

Downgrade Martinelli to Mitoma and buy Haaland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Makes the likes of Madison less attractive as an option now as well.

• Advertisement

Are Utd going to spend another €100m having just spent €72m on a striker, albeit an injured one.

I think they'll have to sell a few players first, more than just Maguire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Really disappointed I couldnt go with the no Haaland draft, although I can still see a way until GW6 to go without, €3m ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane could easily still stay and be able to negotiate higher salary etc in 6/12 months time - does he really want to go to Germany? I still reckon he’ll stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

Has anyone any codes for general leagues? I was in a few last year such as Irish Examiner and Off the Ball but none of them seem to be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Richarlison listed as a midfielder but playing upfront (after Kane leaves) in a ridiculously attacking Postecoglou team

*rubs hands together menacingly *

Oh yes... mwah ha ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yep he's defiantely in my team if Kane leaves, looking forward to being disappointed!

Anyone fancying a punt on Mcguire now that he's at West Ham? Could be good with JWP swinging in some quality set pieces into the box.

My team to start my miserable season;

Ederson

Timber...Trent...Estupinan

Saka...Jota...Eze...Rashford...Douglas Luiz

Watson...Haaland

Subs: Dubravka, Mings, Muskwe, Lamptey.

EDIT: No idea what Arsenal will do GK wise so using my final 0.5 and going with Ederson instead.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ross Barkley joined Luton for those really looking to troll the living daylights out of themselves

• Advertisement

Hope the Kane debacle is cleared up early tomorrow or it will deeply impact my efforts

Without clarity I may have to set up for 3 GW’s and commit to early WC which I hate doing.

Advertisement