Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I get the impression that a lot of players are being priced cheap again this season, making it easier for managers to own a lot of big name players.

Apart from TAA, Odegaard & Haaland, has there been any significant increase in price this season? A lot of 0.5 increases. Arsenal attack seem to underpriced again, especially Saka & Jesus. Possibly Martinelli again.

Botman is a starting DEF for a CL team and is only 4.5. The 4.5 price range is usually for bottom half clubs where managers have to make a decision on who they are going to pick. Or for example pick a rotating pair like Wolves & Palace and have 1 start every second week. Now they will just choose Botman instead.

Is this to make the game 'easier' for the masses and promote more engagement. It's more fun for the casual player to score 70 than it is to score 45. Makes the marginal gains window smaller IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hot off the press, Martinelli is 8.0m. Foden and Maddison are both 7.5m (source = official FPL podcast).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Updating again, can't log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

And it’s liiiiiiiive!

Auto-picked a team just to confirm entry, and it gave me Ivan Toney 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Only live and over 18K already.

Auto pick gave me Reece James. The only time he'll be in my pre deadline team!!

Also Mount is listed as a Chelsea player. 7.0

Looks like all players have 0.0% teams selected by for that start, which is great as it help stop having bandwagon players at the start, or a template team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

No thanks auto select 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Looks good to me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Think I'll stick with this auto pick team. I'll do better then anything I might cobble together.

Edit - just need to get rid of cancelled and find a cheap keeper for the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

More so in terms of soccer and ability, rather than FPL, I think Azpilicueta was one of the best signings in the last 23 years of premier league football. What a player.

Always available. Played very well in several positions. His fantastic determination was always visible on the pitch.

Would have loved to seen him this season playing week in and week out for a team (in the premier league) not involved in Europe but Atletico Madrid have snapped him up on a free.

Harry Kane currently 4/7 to stay at Tottenham and 6/4 to join Munich.

So him leaving the league is not totally ruled out. Fabrizio Romano suggesting Bayern are very serious in their efforts but Levy will do everything he can to keep him there.

I’d prefer to see him leave as it would make building my team so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

If he is playing for Spurs next season and the new manager is known for encouraging attacking football it is hard for me to leave Kane out and with Haaland at 14mill the two of them eat up a lot of the budget. Have both in my current team and happy enough about how the team looks. I know he played more game time but at the end of the season Kane was just 9 points behind Haaland in total FPL points scored. Saw lots of negative comment about how Kane last season was not worth the valuation as he was not going to be captained but he was very reliable in getting some attacking return with 30goals and 9assists and having him at the end of the season definitely boosted my rank. I'm kind of hoping he stays and Spurs and Kane get a great start as I think having him could be a differential because of his price and teams will have to make a big reshuffle in their team structure to get him in while it is fairly easy to move him out for a cheaper striker if it is not working for him.

I’ll find it hard to go without those two and Salah.

that’s how my current draft sits but my midfield is not very flexible unless it’s all about the 6.5m mids this season.

Im going back to playing like during my most successful seasons. Most expensive defender will be 4.5m unless Kane leaves the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ramsdale

Estupinan James Stones

Son Saka Bruno Foden Encisco

Jesus Haaland

Kelleher Wissa Baldock Bell

Awful bench but really happy with the first 11, have picked based on fixtures GW 1- 6 thus no Liverpool or Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Who do we think is the most likely 4.5 midfielder to be a regular starter? Just to have on my bench. It seems to be a struggle as even Josh Cullen who should be nailed on and is the ultimate sitter in midfield is 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

I've seen speculation that the new Spurs manger is interested in giving Ndombele a new shot at having a regular place in the team with a transfer bid for him turned down so it might be worth keeping an eye on whether he features for them in pre-season games. Also Marvelous Nakamba may move to Luton and could be a regular starter with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Agree this is a tough one - no andreas or da silva this year!

Then if you are paying 5.0 just to have a guaranteed 2 pointer - there is an argument for stretching to 5.5 for a more attacking mid from one of the lower teams where there is potential for more points if you do need to call on them for only 0.5 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Will Stones be an OOP bargain, imagine if he and TAA play MF from the start, fairly upset the template

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Won’t make much difference for Stones, if he’s in midfield he’ll be a holding midfielder that’ll be dropping back in to cb.

TAA it’s more relevant as if he’s playing higher he’ll probably get a lot more deliveries into the box.

Hope the rumours about Areola starting and Balogun moving to a premier league club are untrue as it would make everything even easier and the double whammy of them being in most teams too.

Season could be even more boring than last season.

It must be the worst run offical fantasy sports game in the world ?

Balogun moving after the GW1 deadline would help that. I think that happened Brewster too a few years ago, which meant that people had to use a 3rd Liverpool spot at the start. Would happen with Arsenal this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Stones popped up with a few goals last season and price wise is probably better value

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I'm going for Enzo Fernandez at 5 million as my 5th midfielder. Should be good for 3 pointers and the odd assist here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think Garnacho could be great value at 5m, might not be a starter at start of season but he’s so explosive and would probably come on most matches

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pedro Perro at 5m might be an OPP to keep tabs on. General concensus is that he isn't solid enough to play at right back in a back four and as Postecoglou doesn't play wing backs he may find a more attacking role for spurs. He'll have to oust kulashevski first and then there's the small matter of Richarlison, Son and Manor Solomun who can all play the wide right attacker but I'll keep an eye on the spurs tour of Asia in the next few weeks.

Advertisement