Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

The nights sure are getting warmer. Upstairs in our house has got 10c warmer than downstairs. How do we store this for the Winter? Or can we generate electricity with it?

Another gloriously Summery morning. Everything looks so clean and colourful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What a beautiful morning to start the summer. We will get too used to this glorious weather.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Happy Summer!! Isnt it glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Only 3 months to go to the start of another autumn/winter season 😉😝

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cool, overcast and quite windy in my part of Dublin so far! I wish RTE would stop lying and telling me it's blazing sunshine outside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Glorious start in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

happy summer thread day! beautiful blue skies near Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What is with the weather apps they all say sunny blue skys where in fact it’s blanket cloud never known them to be so off

why are forecasters an weather apps not picking up this massive blanket of cloud on the east coast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Clear blue skies,temps in the low twenties,fantastic weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

They're computer generated, usually with no human input. Cloud has burned off almost nationwide now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

very chilly and cloudy, sick of this, I would take an unsettled westerly at this stage, at least it would be warmer!

I wouldn’t even think of going outside without a warm geansai on.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭US3

Where are you? That sounds like an extreme exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I live near the coast in Dublin, it's cloudy and cool still

I just drove from Dublin to newry 16.5 highest temperature and cloud all the way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Oh guys I feel for ye, we know too well what it's like to be on the other side of it here in Kerry but today is simply stunning, another world altogether, solid heat building by the hour, well over 20C already and sure to go higher, low humidity, buildings starting to heat up now, had the fan on late last night and early this morning, don't care anymore on looks 😀 shorts and sandals in work ,Sun hats and sun glasses and bottle of water going everywhere. For the last week like living in Oz, just leave the house knowing no need for jacket just prepare for sunshine and heat, was even looking for parking in the shade this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Another great day. Was a cloud fest until Monday here but has more than made up for it the last 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭US3

So it is an extreme exaggeration then.. 16.5c is not extremely chilly that you couldn't step outside without a wooly jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Warm with Sunny here in Castlebar. Beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

That's jacket weather for me anyway, no exaggeration.

• Advertisement

Cloudy in Sligo too but fair weather clouds so its getting even warmer 22c. I'm getting my jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The cloud patch overhead Dublin (for my concerns) simply will not budge unfortunately. Yesterday it got a move on around 4pm. Maybe similar today.

Incredibly frustrating but tomorrow is a new day. I would say thankfully I'm heading inland for the banker, but I won't tempt fate!

Glorious weather for the vast majority of the country continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not a cloud in the sky in Kildare. Absolutely stunning

According to Sat24 forecast heavy thunderstorms possible this weekend in Northwest. But pretty isolated except from around 4pm Saturday. Better swim early that day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A fairly sunny day here in Meath but that wind would cut you in 2, almost zero warmth to the sunshine. Most people over 50 doing their shopping in their winter clothes and jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Dublin. The cloud cover and breeze off the sea make sure it certainly isn’t T-shirt weather

This is an upside down Spring/Summer this past few weeks. Spain wet, Ireland sunny. Uk freezing, East cold, West warm. Not too uncommon though at this time of year. High chance it won't persist that way all Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

The cloud has finally burned off in south Dublin at least. Around an hour earlier than yesterday.

Lovely sunshine now.

Should make for a lovely, if cool, afternoon and evening.

Despite it being 24.9c Tuesday 24.7c yesterday and probably similar the next 3 days it won't be a heatwave as you need 5 days over 25c. 24.9c doesn't count. And 24.7?? Tsssk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

The definition of a heatwave with many forecasters is when the temp is 5º above average for 5 days in a row over a wide area.

So in that respect, it is a heatwave as many areas will go well above the late May/early June average temp which is only 17º. Not for the East of course.

Met E uses the 25º figure. Which I don't fully agree with. It seems a bit blunt.

I mean, if we got to 20º for 5 days in a row in Feb or March it would be considered a heat wave for the time of year for most, surely.

Advertisement