Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options
  • 21-05-2023 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

With Summer officially around the corner, let's hope for a decent spell of weather.

Personally hoping for fairly pleasant and consistent rather than long spells of rain and odd hot burst! I can hope...

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It looks like summer is arriving well before the 1st June official start.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I've a feeling this is going to be a rather mixed Summer, a bit of everything and certainly a chance of warm to hot weather at times, especially if the heat plumes get going. At this stage we are probably due a front loaded summer, it's been quite a while since we've had a decent June. Last 2 summers were very decent but the June's weren't great. June 2020 was also poor as was that entire summer. Last really good June I can remember was 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Last 2 summers were decent. Will this summer make it 3 in a row? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

It’s probably asking a lot for this summer to match last summer. As long as we get some hot plumes from Spain hitting us (not just the UK) I’ll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Definitely feels like we’ve been getting hot spells more frequently during the summer the past 10 years. Or maybe the 2000s were just terrible bar a couple of exceptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

I'm not going abroad this year. So we're doomed. Might as well make an autumn thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looking forward to a nice dry, relatively warm week.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Warmish week ahead , increasing temps as we progress, picked a good week to be off and to try camping again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

The next 2 weeks will be very pleasant however bar 2 days out of 14 the wind is from our predominant Summer wind direction of the Northwest so it won't be much above 20c and only 16c in the Northwest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

33.3c goes this year.

Slow burner in June in terms of warmth but a good month. By July, plenty of 22-30c, with an intense burst past 33.3c. Likely need another southerly plume ala last years 33.1c. We've thrown everything at the likes of Shannon and Mt Dillion in recent years and they just won't get past the 32-32.9c bracket. All eggs are in the PP basket and the heat trap it is. It had it in it last year but by reports, cloud cover came in as it approached the record.

Searing heat over southern Europe (and more) to tap into is gonna notch things up more often for us I reckon over the coming years. There'll be intervals of poorer weather from the NW but sure it can't be lovely all the time.

Dry overall but rainfall amounts will be handsome for some with lots of storms. Plenty of sun.

Above is actual prediction/hopecast/deepest desires. 😝

Looking at some of the models and some simply lovely weather on the cards before June even begins!

Post edited by John.Icy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wow, what a forecast. Dry and sunny until middle of next week.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Most people on here know this but the sea temperatures are much cooler at this time of year and don’t really get warmer until July/August so be prepared if heading for a dip. Atlantic Ocean will be a little warmer than the Irish Sea. Wish it didn’t take so long for the sea to warm up but what can you do.

I think this Summer will not reach 30c. It will be cooler. There may be some warm and dry spells but nothing roasting. Think rain will end any warm spell before it gets too warm so it may reach 25c a lot but then rain and start again. That's a very sketchy Summer guess on my behalf but even with climate change the 30c won't be every Summer.....just most

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely here the last few days with fair weather and pleasant afternoon temperatures around 18C. Planted out most of my chillies and tomatoes yesterday. Roll on summer!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Nice temperatures the past few days but today is a bit dissapointing just slate grey cloud all day which has refused to break up.

Yes, very disappointing day. Felt very cool on the east coast, very little sun. Hopefully the weekend will be warmer and sunnier.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Not summer yet! And, I cannot move post to Spring thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

A lot of cloud in Clare today , hopefully a nicer day tomorrow when I head to Clifden, temps dialled back a bit in the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Madd002

Heading to rosses point friday with caravan please be sunny please..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Clear blue skies, light breeze , not cold @ 6am - welcome back summer!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The last few mornings have been glorious. Summer has come early!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Met Eirenn Forecast for Sligo this morning

Actual weather

It's actually rained 🌧 since

Post edited by pauldry on

Theyv updated the above now. Still wrong as its misty sunny and windy all together. Temperatures probably more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I always take Met.ie Weather forecast with a massive pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Considering it's not summer yet, I am locking this thread for a couple of days.

Open again for general chat. Happy summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Jock_Ewing

30 min to go to Meterological Summer! If it continues, in anyway like it'll begin, it'll be one to remember!

Still dry and clear 1hr and 4 minutes into it.

I see cloud is now forecast to plague Connacht and Ulster tomorrow. An ever changing situation. Could be just Sligo and Ulster (as usual) and hotter in the rest of Connaught though even the clouds here won't bring temperatures below 20c as long as Easterly component remains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Jock_Ewing

'The nights are gettin' warmer, it won't be long

Won't be long 'til summer comes

Now that the boys are here again😊'

Advertisement