Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

Was there not a sale today? I saw it advertised online but don’t know if it was for online or in the supporters shop.

I’m gutted to be away for this game, I’ll be watching it online from Spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yep they were on sale at the ground again tonight from 6to9. Club have done theír best to keep remaining tickets out of Pat's fans hands. Can't do much more really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Home tickets on sale tonight between 5 and 8pm at EDP

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Lots of chatter on social media about this and it looks like tickets wont be sold online. Pats aren't happy with their allocation and the club are worried the tickets will be hoovered up by away fans if they go online. They are being sold from EDP this evening 5-8 and were for sale yesterday evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I get why they are doing it, it makes it a bit awkward, but, sure look, old school buying paper tickets fun.

I'll head up there at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

It's not perfect but it's the fairest way to distribute tickets to as many Galway United fans as possible. I've a couple of Pats mates who still managed to get a few yesterday but will keep their heads down in the old stand near the away section.

I'd expect them to use this system for the big games for the remainder of the campaign too.

I just spotted this today, it was a game I’d of been keen to go to, but looks like it could be difficult to get tickets with so few available.

I think you'd be absolutely fine even if there's only 50 available tbh. We're a very poor travelling support (myself included as I work late most Fridays).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Did Galway United put a photo up of Edward McCarthy on their Social Media holding a Stop sign and then remove the post. I seen a screenshot and reckon it must be photo-shopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Paddico

I saw and of course know the history but why a stop sign.

Didnt get that at all, or is so obvious its was actually the worst attempt at humour ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

This one?

With a Driver , and Murder on the dancefloor as the music ...

I hope the admin/photographer got their a$$es kicked ....... Very disrespectful , and pure stupidity ...................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Player comes across in the worst light from all this. He could have said no to it so maybe it was some attempt at self deprecation that just didn't come across.

Absolute jokeshop how it was handled. Even the apology was belated. Player and the club deserve all the criticism being thrown their way for this fuckup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I still cannot believe they did it. Its hard to be PC all the time but if your responsibility is PR, they need to give up. That could be a volunteer or paid person. I hope the team get off to a good start and hope the supporters have an enjoyable season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Does the club have a full time PR officer? - they were awfully slow to publish a statement and from what I recall, they were slow to respond to a story last season or the season before too, I believe. I forget what it was but they put out a statement almost a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

It's a bit of a leap to link all this together as some sort of sick premeditated attempt at a joke. I'm sure many players take part in these kind of photoshoots and would pick up whatever prop they were told to without wondering how it was going to look.

You can't absolve the player from blame, whatever about the social media lads who may not have known the previous history. It's pure stupidity from Ed. The club should have gotten the apology out quicker and also gotten Ed to apologise and that would have been it. It's now a headline on The Independent FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt here as I said earlier the whole thing is a massive leap. Opposition fans are very good at finger wagging. Can't say I've heard anything negative about Ed since the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Massive leap?? Really? Its very inappropriate at best ! And downright stupid at worst......

Its all about optics ..

Finger wagging? So you think its ok then ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Redkite200

Galway 8/5 St Pats 31/20

Not been following their pre season but surprised the established Prem side aren't a clearer fave. The traders pricing in the home atmosphere maybe.

I really don't know what to expect. Not able to attend sadly but hoping we can get at least one point on the board.

2-1 the Tribesmen.

Pricing seems odd to me. Pat's will be top 3 at the end of the season. I'd take 8th if you have it to me now. We'll struggle for goals I think, we won't be pretty, we should be solid though.

Hoping their keeper struggles under the high balls like last week and we can nick something from set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Was that post on social media supposed to be funny? If it wasn't an attempt at humour, why post it?

It’s definitely not gonna be as enjoyable a season as last year. I presume just staying up is the main goal this year!!

Best of luck to the lads. As we seen in the cup last year vs Bohs, the step up was pretty steep, though we did hammer Dundalk!!!

It's great to be back in the Prem, let’s enjoy it!

Exactly, all about picking up points against those around us and anything else is bonus territory. Our season won't be made or lost by the likes of Pat's or Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

i bought mine on Monday eve at ED Park now i cant go. 2 adult tickets and 2 u12 tickets available, 50e for the 4. Collect in knocknacarra. PM if you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If you get to town head to O'Briens, the owner might know someone looking for tickets. Might have a better chance of finding a taker as here can be quiet.

Good shout, won't be in town though. Hopefully will find a home for them.

Post it on the Galway Utd Supporters FB group. Theres a fairly good following there, you'd see people offering or looking for tickets there at times.

• Advertisement

Advertisement