Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

To be fair, the Galway FA own Deacy Park so are entitled to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ratracer

What’s the story with Costello anyway? Is he injured or left out in the cold for other reasons? Haven’t seen any of him at all since he’s come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Picked up a knock supposedly. Not sure he'd make the squad now given Wass is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yeah, its more than fair but that is the difference from 8 or 9 years ago. Last Summer was the busiest in the history of Terryland/EDP. The grounds team have an impossible job now. Granted, it is also just a really rough start this time. Pitches all over the country are fecked from all of the rain we've been having.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

The weathers been cat in fairness. The pitches will come good in 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Feels like 2 points dropped rather than a point gained. Walshy limits at this level showing again sadly. Waterford didn't look up to much really bar long-rangers. One man up top isn't enough at this level when you're missing Hurley's creativity.

We're bypassing Hurley the way we're playing. He's basically just there to take set pieces. Be as well off to give a go to Wass and Walshy or Wass and Karl for a game.

Yeah, it’s hard to be overly critical in the first season back in the prem, at the start of the season surviving would have been the main target. But we have the tightest defence in the league so far, conceding only 6 goals. Unfortunately we have by far the worst strike rate also, with only a paltry 5 goals scored after 9 games.
    It’s not a surprise that JC is quite defensive minded, but damn, we need to try something different to score a few goals!
    Walshy has been an amazing ambassador for the club, but I said at the end of last season, he can’t be expected to be the main goal scorer in the Prem. He’s an excellent option for an impact sub from 60 on, but a striker is badly needed, or at least the ones we have need to be given more opportunity to either show they are able or else be replaced.

An OK set of results tonight for us in terms of the mid table battle I think.

We only lost ground to Bohs and Sligo were the big losers of the night in that area but that was expected.

Super result and performance tonight!
    I thought Dervan was brilliant again. Great to get back to winning ways, despite the refs best efforts!!
    The new bar is a good setup, though an aul tiered terrace there would be excellent!
    Other results suited us tonight also, roll on Monday against the bit o red, I’m annoyed I’m working so can’t travel!!

• Advertisement

Same as. Was already in Sligo a couple of weeks back when they called it off for "debris".

Big win really and back up to 6th with a game in hand. Still feel we'd be better going back to last season's style and that winner tonight was a throwback to 2023. For a lad that allegedly has a very bad knee you'd never know it from Dervin's tireless work ethic. What a signing he's been.

Ya Dervin was key to the press, he covers so much ground, so quickly that we simply can't press the same without him. Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

I Missed this at the end of the game

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1467755413821364

Post edited by gugsy on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I think Walsh should be in the starting 11 but should be playing with an out and out striker. Not sure that is Aouachria. Would have preferred if we somehow signed someone like Hoban, Amond or Gaffney.

Solid point and another good defensive display. We caused real issues sitting back when we cut off ball to Mata. A little exposed when we got caught on the counter. A clean sheet with Nugent covering for McCormack is encouraging as I was worried the latter's suspension would hurt us.

I know we say it every week but Walshy had two great chances that a quality striker would at least be converting one from. Not to fault the effort of Walshy/Wass/O'Sullivan but hopefully we've a few targets for the summer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Are they short a bit on goal scoring options?

Super start to the season BTW

Probably short 1 proper striker. Going with all of Walshy, Wass and KOS in the starting 11 also massively limits what we have to bring on. A striker won't change how we play though, we're built to be defensively solid and try and nick goals on set pieces, second balls, by pressing etc.

They had a lad from Coventry signed who they don't seem to rate/he had an injury that kept him out for a few weeks.

I could see them letting him go in the summer and looking into bringing in another striker.

Decent point last night. Awful shame we couldn't hold on but the effort was fantastic. Walshy is so much better off the bench it's not even funny. Sounded like a good Galway crowd too and they were in good voice all evening.

Advertisement