Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbie Kardashian is in a women's prison. Taoiseach's response to questions on this are here..

Options
  • 21-03-2023 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭

There has been some publicity lately about the Barbie Kardashian case. This person is an intact male, extremely violent and is incarcerated in the women's estate (Limerick Prison) as he identifies as a woman.

The Taoiseach (inter alia) was asked for his views and they are as shown in the attached twitter clip. I realise that the media outlet concerned is seen as dubious by many, but the questions and the responses are very real, and the topic is rarely covered by MSM.

Do you agree that males identifying as women should be in women's spaces? I do not, and the recent similar Scottish case of Isla Bryson has brought the issue into more focus. Nicola Sturgeon who supported males in women's prisons is now gone from leadership of the SNP and Isla Bryson has been moved to a male prison.

Males identifying as women should not be allowed in any women only spaces. Discuss.

https://twitter.com/griptmedia/status/1638242240609804288

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭JohnnyFortune

Males should not be in female only spaces full stop. Doesn’t matter if they wear a dress or have a certificate.

This madness needs to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tinsofpeas

I'm not particularly invested in these issues, but I saw earlier that there's a man identifying as a woman (whatever the term is) on the board of the national women's council. Not too popular with women apparently.

Why not all lads on the board?

Come on, now, it's all getting a bit too silly. Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Barbie Kardashian, I think he should have picked Ronald McDonald as his name based on the photo in the link.

O Gorman looked terrified they might ask him his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

This has to be the straw that broke the camels back

Complete insanity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Another failure of Irish media that we aren't already all familiar with this case. If our media cannot report such stories without some lobby group or NGO condemning the coverage, then we have bigger problems than the media itself.

I'm not sure if our media even mentioned Nicola Sturgeon's troubles on this issue. They covered the initial clash between Westminster and the Scottish Parliament, speculating that it may speed up Scottish Independence. Later, they covered Sturgeon's resignation.

But what happened in between? It disappeared from our news cycle for a couple of weeks while Sturgeon was unable to answer "what is a woman? "

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Utterly deranged to think this is right

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It will be interesting to see if legacy media cover this further, and ask the same questions. That is the problem right there, they won't and they haven't, they are all captured. It is quite dangerous in my view anyway, as topics such as this are not reported on for the public to see how ludicrous it all is.

Whatever your views on Gript are it has to be acknowledged that they (Ben Scallan) asked the questions loud and clear and left no room for wriggling. It makes me nostalgic for the days when journos were journos, not parrots, and not afraid of asking probing direct questions without looking over their shoulders at the next NGO waiting to attack them.

Media control is a bit sinister to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Barbie Kardashian lol . When are we allowed say most of these people just have mental health issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Knowing nothing about this... person, I can only assume this isn't mental health but more a ploy to get closer to victims in order to perform violent acts via their vaginas. That's just me putting 2 and 2 together though. People even question 2+2=4 these days. I do enjoy watching overpaid politicians squirm though.

That thing should be nowhere near women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They're keeping her there for her own safety for whenever Burke gets put back into the men's prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Leos lying about not knowing about this clown show before now. Michael Martin struggling to keep the smirk off his smug face. Roderic O’Gorman holding his breath in terror lest he be asked his opinion.

Well done Gript.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I think if the person has demonstrated violent tendencies then they are obliged to be incarcerated in solitary confinement.

I understand that the Limerick Female prison has the best facilities for female sex offenders who could be a danger to other prisoners. The reality is that it is extremely rare for female criminals to be violent irrationally or employ violence to utilise their crimes.

I think this is a once off case rather than it being negligent of the dept of justice to detain this person in Limerick, it is actually utilising the best option of keeping all our prisoners safe from other violent prisoners.

It is highly likely that the asylum built in Skerries is either not ready for this person as regards facilitating her rehabilitation, or it may not be legally able to incarcerate her while they are awaiting trail or judgement.

Op, what has this person been incarcerated for exactly?

I think the notion of transgender criminals being violent criminals is not only unfair, but also an irrational argument. It has been accepted by psychologists globally that there is no correlation between transgenders and their potential to be violent or a danger to other people, they are generally very passive and not interested in violence.

Regrettably this case will give polarised agenda's an opportunity to vilify their ignorance by using this example to criticise transgenderism. But it is my understanding that in this instance it has been decided that Limerick is the safest place for this matter, given its circumstances. I also understand that it is a short term measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Do you agree that males identifying as women should be in women's spaces? 

No. This is not done for anyone elses comfort or safety, but their own. Since when are violent prisoners given such rights over others?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

The Gards did their job by advising the judge that she was a danger to other prisoners. Limerick Female prison has the best solitary confinement facilities I would assume?

I don't think it would be safe for that person in normal prison. It would be impossible for sharing rooms, that person would be a danger to everyone.

Limerick may well have the best facilities for this particular imprisonment?

Why, do you think that the state has put this person there because they think they are a woman? Why not the Dochas centre or other safer environments?

This goes back to what i mentioned before. The greatest tragedy here is that it enables anyone with an agenda around this issue to start outraging it, in any way, shape or form. But the state has to consider everyone's safety here. I would imagine this is short term until a proper sex offenders unit becomes available, there may not be a better solve at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Obviously this man is unwell.

He is Brazilian, although I read that he was/is based in Trim, Co. Meath.

By his own words, he is very violent.

He should not be in the country, nevermind a female prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Burke said he could not accept transgenderism due to his Christian beliefs

Varadkar has said biological males should not be put into women's prisons

Which one is woke, racist or just being honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There is almost universal concensus that this person should be in a male prison.

I doubt anyone would say anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Well the likes of RTE news, the largest news agency funded by the Irish people, have nothing to say about it whatsoever

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Reading some of the stuff about them I would think the male prisoners would be well advised to be scared of them too!

This issue of men identifying as female for an easier sentence in a womens prison has to come to an head and be done away with completely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

They'll take a look at it once every other news outlet in the country has covered it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Typical BS answer from LV and the rest of them look terrified they’d be asked about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We must be close to peak madness or wokeness now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Considering they had a plan to rape her own mother, who had to be moved to another part of the country for their own safety, psychologist say they aren't genuinely transgender,but yet still received a cert , hence why they were sent to a woman's prison

• Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I don't really care to be honest.

I thought it would be obvious that I made that post up to take the piss out of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fair enough I wasn't having a dig at you so I should not have quoted you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can't be long now before the asteroid extinction event. Nature has it's way of correcting things. We are so far beyond 'fall of Rome' sh!t now in the world (and they thought their society was decadant, vapid and deranged in the end!).

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭purifol0

Leon getting praise for "being honest"...lol.

He took one look at what happened to Sturgeon and read the room.

He hasn't made or proposed any changes to the law

Advertisement