Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s no bigger than an XC90, Q7, X5 etc. in terms of exterior dimensions. The slab sided styling just makes it look more imposing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Roads are fine, it’s parking spaces that will be the issue here. From my own experience, never had any issues with the xc90, quite a few with the discovery and this is wider than both those. Now there only 30-40 mm going up in size there, but that’s massive when the 1980s size car park spacing you’ll come across. Even new builds can have shockingly small car spaces, the nursing home my father is in barely fits my relatively modestly wide xc60. Anyways, will be checking this out on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭creedp

No longer feel envious of those lucky people driving X5s and Rangies that are wider than an EV9. Just not worth the stress

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Pending the test drive today I am somewhat serious, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

Im not in the 'Crazy to pay 80-90k for a KIA gang' as it's a seriously impressive car. So best of luck & looking forward to seeing some on the roads.

• Advertisement

So I'm back from the dealer and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. It is no bigger inside than a 7 seat model X (i had one!). The only difference is the front is not sloped down like a Tesla so it makes it more blocky looking and probably hurts range. No availability in the dealer in Wexford for the GT Line AWD which is the one I wanted, until possibly mid to late next year.

It's a nice car inside, competes favorably with the germans on premium feel for the same money (because you're comparing an iX sized/segment car in the EV9 with an iX3 priced car, a step down in segment). Not sure it's worth 80-85k of my money though.

were you able to drive it? From an exterior point of view I think it’s better looking than any other SUV out there. Including the premium models. I’d have it over an x5,q7,xc90. I do like the look of the new defender though

the one is saw was an ivory gold colour. Worked very well with the black I think. Not GT model

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭derekreilly

Happening before the end of the month!

I didnt drive it, no. Wasn't bothered in the end. They had the rwd earth trim which would have half the HP of the one I wanted. No point. I may ring around some other kia dealers to see if any have a GT line in stock. I do know the visuals are different on the GT line and that's the one I wanted anywa.

I'm going to the Tesla event tomorrow to see the new Highland model 3 so will be next week before I do any more EV9 research. It's a 600km+ round trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen my first one of these these morning outside my local Kia Showroom a white one.

KIA Liffey Valley have two. One in the showroom a goldy grayish colour and a blue one outside being charged. It's not really that big looking. Maybe driving it it feels bigger. Also I did not think the steering wheel was that big really. Its not small but it's not huge either like MarkN makes it out to be.

Nice car do.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Drove one today. Lovely car , but very slow with the single motor. Also, didn’t seem as big as I feared. The disco always felt large, whereas this hides it. I still have the fear as it is a wider car. Very impressed with the base spec. Massage seats and hud were a surprise.

And ordered. Gt line 6 seater. Should have it January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Saw one this evening, sort of grey colour I think. Not as ridiculous looking as I thought it would be, quite nice in fact. Had a very high gloss look about it which will be interesting to see how it ages. Won't be buying one myself any time soon but certainly will consider it when trading in our Peugeot 5008 in a few years

I mentioned the how the piano black arches etc would fare out. Sales man said it’s been on a few models without issues. However you would think it would scratch easily. No idea why you thought it’s ridiculous looking. It’s been a really fine looking car even as a concept.

I’ve a model y currently but it would be on my list of next cars, but don’t think I’d go new.

Congrats, keep us posted. What Color did you go for?

Thanks, grey. Not my favourite, but I’m less keen on the shade of blue, which is the only other option.

Grey looks good, the pic I posted earlier looked great in person too

Those black arches will be destroyed on rural roads and automatic car washes. They also look a bit late 90’s landcruiser. Would look better in the same colour as the bodywork.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is 5 colour options for it do not just two. I thought the blue on it looked lovely.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Nope. Ocean blue and Pebble Grey are it for 6 seater Gt line.

• Advertisement

Thats messed up, Basically earth model you get Black, White, Grey and my personal preference Ivory silver

With GT you get all of above but swap ivory silver for Blue.

It’s a pretty poor choice if you’re dropping €80K/€90K but most buyers will probably go with grey or silver anyway.

It’s a bit bizarre to be limited to two less colours for choosing the 6 seater. Still, don’t understand how the 6 and 7 seaters are the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭sk8board

I think people coming out of €80-90k hybrid XC90’s will love the EV9, never mind the fact that the electric EX90 starts around €120k.

It’s an electric XC90 for €40k less and still has the kerb appeal with this new Kia design lang

XC90 starts at 100k delivered, unless you are referring to trade in values.

Cheaper EX90 model coming later, the €120K version is a top spec initial launch model.

The point was pretty simple - there’s a market for this car in Ireland at the current pricing.

drivers of luxury 7 seaters like the XC90, Discovery, Q7 SE, X5 SE etc from 2-4years ago paid 85/90k++, and I think would trade into this when they see the price to trade up into an EV version of their current car.

The distinctive design, proper 7 seats, standard spec, and range will sell the EV9 at this price point for sure.

its not Tiguan Plus, Santa Fe drivers who will be buying the EV9, unless they’re really stretching themselves

I’m not sure that the KIA badge will cut it with current owners of the luxury 7 seaters you’ve listed. The “distinctive” design could also be considered a bit marmite. Very limited choice of colours won’t help. The standard fitment of gloss wheel arch cladding could end up very tatty looking if it scratches easily. Lastly, KIA dealers are likely to give rubbish trade in prices on those premium brands and would be more comfortable taking in a Sorento or a Santa Fe rather than a Q7 or X5. Time will tell.

i agree, but I think this design will carry a lot of people past the Kia badge.

you also can’t magic money into drivers pockets - the Santa Fe/Tiguan-Plus/etc 7-seater driver won’t be replacing it with an €80k car.

• Advertisement

Advertisement