Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Yeah the 7 seater large vans are just stupidly overpriced, tiny range economy garbage. We could live with the likes of an e-rifter or e-berlingo 7 seater for under 40k if only we could get one. Even bringing in a 40kWh ENV200 would cost in and around 40, but would be several years old. The OH would be the main user and a large van is just....well, too large.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's weird, I remember it being reviewed and the 7 seat on the standard e-Berlingo was only a €1000 option compared to the 5 seat. Seems to have gone now alright. So much for that cheapest electric 7 seater then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭amacca

I agree...I hate the ev6 rear end, just ugh...also hate the look of the ioniq 6, its kind of like you forced a porsche and a streamliner caravan to reproduce at gunpoint....a miserable looking arse on it + Absolutely hate the look of the back of it ....mind you the back of the ioniq 5 is its weakest point looks/design wise imo....but imo it looks quite good from the side and the design of the front isn't awful...so yeah more coherent.....it benefits from being its own thing looks wise in the EV market now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Something strange alright as it mentions on their website about being available in up to 7 seats. Probably some issue they ran into with VRT rates in Ireland. It’s a shame as €1000 would be good value for an extra row of seats. Might be worth checking with a Dealer if the 7 seat can be got as a special order or something.

I wouldn’t worry, there aint many EV’s out there that I’d describe as lookers. Other than a Taycan or e-Tron GT, I can’t think of any new EV that I’d to want to buy based on looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bit harsh?

Peugeot 208, MINI, FIAT 500, VW ID.4, Audi eTron (full fat), Hundai Ioniq 5, Tesla Model S just to name a few, from the top of my head, are good looking cars?

Maybe a bit harsh but I’m not keen on tiny cars or fake jeeps(suvs). Model S is a nice car but not available anymore in rhd.

Full fat e-Tron can look well with right spec/wheels/colour but there are some real Aldi versions around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Renault Mègane E-Tech.

Citroen EC4-X

Opel Astra E.

Tesla M3

All good looking electric cars not at silly prices.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anybody know when they will be available to test drive here ?

Heard rumours of October but nothing definitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Any news on pricing/ordering/delivery for these yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭creedp

I think the full fat etron is aptly named, it's looks like something that has eaten too much Christmas cake over a number of years. IMO Q4 etron looks better but is stupidly priced for what it is.

Would agree with earlier comments that most EVs are just not good looking, especially the Kia's and most especially the EV6. Christ, looks must have feck all weighting in the COTY criteria.

Its almost like being bitten by the ugly stick is the new trend and companies are falling over themselves to create the most ugly duckling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭creedp

Not sure what happened there as this post seems to be missing some text, ie I had intended to say that actually the Ioniq 6 is IMO one of the worst looking yokes out there at present, despite winning the COTY accolade.

Is this relevance to the EV9 sub section? Granted I wouldn’t rate it as pretty but I’ll reserve judgement until I see one in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

Seen nothing yet, though there is uk pricing available. Well according to to Kia basic model with lower battery £65k. Would that mean starting 75k here? Bigger battery basic £72.5k. You’re probably looking at something under €85k. Then €90k for bigger battery GT line. (All just guesstimates based on uk)

And about £1k extra for the 6 seat swivel … the money shot 😂

https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/ev9/pricing/

I hope I’m wrong but if you compare to UK EV6 GT prices (£62.6K+), the EV9 could be the wrong side of €85K starting here. This is based on EV6 GT pricing here at €85K over here. Hard to imagine too many customers paying that kind of money for a KIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This is based on EV6 GT pricing here at €85K over here. Hard to imagine too many customers paying that kind of money for a KIA.

Before the EV6 came out mo one imagined anyone paying 50k for a KIA either including dealers but lots have so it's not unimaginable that some might pay 85 or 90k for one now however it will not be many and it certainly will not be popular because it will just be too expensive to be popular.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The Sorento has been very successful for them, more so the new model. The idea that the 50k barrier for Kia was broken by the EV6 doesn’t hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

EV5? Hadn't even heard of it. Up until a few months ago what I saw mentioned prior to even an EV9 was some items online of an EV7 which was supposed to be a slightly larger version vehicle based on an EV6 or the same platform, potentially with 3 rows of 7 seats, a flatter higher roof and more ground clearance but similarly aerodynamic rather than the jeep/landrover brick shape of the EV9, it sounded like a Model Y alternative. I havent seen anything other than youtube clips and looking now, nothing new about it recently. I hadn't even heard of an EV5 until reading this thread, which looking it up, also has the jeep/landrover brick shape, which seems an unusual choice if trying to reduce wind resistance, maybe its ok for certain uses. The supposed EV7 seemed like a good alternative to a much larger EV9 but with better ground clearance and interior space than an EV6 and was previously alleged to be in production in 2023 and available late 23 to early 24. I'm not sure if the EV7 was ever real or just to throw people off while coming up with alternatives or something fans made up? but if the Jeep shaped alternative is an EV5, I'd have preferred a more car shaped larger EV6 with more boot space and a potential to carry more passengers if needed. It will be interesting to see what eventually turns up. Not being a particular Tesla fan, it looks like the Model Y is the car that would suit me most now.

The Sorento was always well priced considering the vehicle size and trim levels. Even though a 7 seat PHEV model has now crept up to €58K, it’s a long walk to €85K for an EV9. That €27K differential would fuel a Sorento for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

I heard from a dealer in UAE that it's gonna be close to 400K dirhams which is 102,000€ which is madness. Maybe they are inflating the prices in UAE if they think they can get it but my guess this is gonna be a 90K+ car in Ireland with all the nice stuff ripped out and put down as extras.

Kia really don’t do extras. You’re lucky to get more than 2 trim levels, if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Usually 3 trims and things like air cooled seats, head up display, 360 camera, pan roof, wireless charging, blind spot are just some of what toys they regularly come with.

UK prices & specs here. Can’t see them flying out the door here at that kind of money.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufacturer-news/2023/03/14/kia-unveils-ev9-seven-seat-electric-suv

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭jiminho

Agreed. Just doing a straight conversion and you’re looking at a min of €75k but it’ll probably be around the €80k mark. Wow is all I’ll say. Very nice car and would fancy one myself but that’s a lot of money for a family car.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oooh it looks pretty nice but is still a Kia.

I am one of these people that does not want a Tesla, I do not live in ireland and it seems here that every 2nd car is a Tesla, they are pretty but the Polestar is way nicer.

I would love them to bring out a really nice not crazy expensive 7 seater.

206bhp is a ridiculously low amount of power for the size of the car. 260 bhp in the smaller sorrento is sometimes hard work as is. I’m convinced given Kia Ireland’s form that’ll be the one spec offered here.

I see Kia have priced €77.5k for the entry level and €85,500k for the top spec. Spending the extra 10% seems worth it given you get 4 wheel drive and a fair amount of extra power plus a few more extras. They also have finance at 1.9% which is excellent in todays market, makes it a no brainer to take finance even if you have the cash there in your pocket.

Surely the non 4wd would be a better choice for range ? Unlikely many of these will leave the Tarmac on the school run. Can the better spec be got without 4wd ?

• Advertisement

Seems to be only 2 choices on the Irish configurations and the only thing you can then select is paint colour and 6 or 7 seats

Advertisement