Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Looks like the rain is finally starting to clear and we may have a few hours of it not raining in order to get outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Fingers crossed Gonzo, once I can get everyone feed again and out the door.

Does the Irish weather not realise when you have two children, including a baby who never stops eating that you can't just drop everything when it's dry for 5 mins😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely day now in Kerry, bright with a good breeze, 10.5C. Great to see the sunshine after the dull drizzly start.

Very mild here yesterday and got up to 16.1C during a sunny spell in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely morning. Clear and still and mild. A pleasure to be outside and to be able to stroll the lanes at first light beside the ocean,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Normal service resumed in Cork after a decent enough day yesterday. Lashing rain and grey skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashing again here in NCD, thankfully it was dry this morning so I was out that door early for my walk as baby had me up early.

We finally got out in park yesterday afternoon which kept us all sane!

Absolutely dismal again and no signs of letting up. March has been terrible down here in Cork, every single day rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Very dire stats there.

Cork Apt

110.0mm of rain (113%)

6.0C tmean (-0.8C)

17.3 hrs of sun (16%)

About as bad as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Home today after a glorious week in the sun. 12 hours sunshine daily temps around 25 degrees gin blue skies.. Pure depressing landing in the grey slate damp shite.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This March has been absolutely awful, easily the worst March in many years, just day after day of rain, drizzle, downpours, relentless muck and grey skies.

After a horrible wet autumn, snorefest of a winter and now a cool wet Spring - Summer 2023 better have something decent in store for us. The last thing we need is a repeat of Summer 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Looking cool next weekend. GFS has some wintry showers with very some very slight and very patchy accumulations in N half of the country, uppers of -6 with -8 not far off the north coast. Ecm gets -6 upper in to NW on Sunday. Perhaps some white mountain tops next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jesus it has not stopped raining in Galway City at all today, just alternating between pouring rain and driving drizzle. Looking at the radar it's just a train of precipitation coming in the north of Galway bay all day long.

🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another damp grey day....meanwhile back on the 20th March 1986, a highest gust of 167km/h was recorded at Malin Head

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Wet on and off today here in Kerry and some prolonged moderate to heavy rain just eased in the last 10 minutes leaving standing water in the garden and a lot of water on the roads. Roads around my area getting very cut up with pot holes regularly being filled up only to be open again within a week or so. Mild day getting up to 14.1C and currently 11.8C

Today in Cork can only be summed up in one word. ****.

I could think of a few more. Getting silly at this stage.

Quite windy tomorrow along with rain, no warnings as yet but set to get very blustery at times.

EDIT: word windy 😴

Gifs disappeared, can't upload gif this morning, problems with site or android phone ??

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks pretty grim what's approaching the west coast now....looks like a lot of rain on the way!

BTW, nice sunny morning in Greystones.

The Atlantic onslaught continues and there is no let up in sight over the next 2 weeks with another 160mm of rainfall possible in this time period in some western areas, closer to 60mm elsewhere.

Cork, Kerry, Galway, Mayo and Donegal look particularly wet over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement

This is easily the worst march since 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not a bad morning here in Kildare with some decent sunny spells coming through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Seriously in need of a dry spell in Cork, cannot walk on my garden without squelching and my shoes getting destroyed in mud. Its been relentless, bar one day two days ago, but even then it was a bit showery, basically no sun as Sryans stats showed earlier, and more heavy rain en route now!

Yellow rain warning for Kerry today. Yellow wind warning for Donegal tomorrow.

Far worse than March 2018, at least that had Storm Emma and one of the best snow events of our lifetimes and then the Paddys Day snow event which was also fairly significant considering how late into the season we were. The snow event we had early in March this year was almost a fail, but we got there in the end just about. Since the snow it's been basically raining the whole time obsoletely atrocious month this is and there is no shortage of rain for the remainder of the month, if anything the deluges are going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Great statistic there, I don't know how you do it. I looked up the date for the charts and it looked an impressive storm for the time of year.

Rain non stop and very heavy at times. This evening feels like when autumn proper first starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A fairly quick pick up in westerly winds here in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

This is depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovely bright morning with a breeze. Great to see the sun shining even if it is only for a couple of hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement