Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snowing here in meath, and its heading south, watch out Gonzo 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This is so depressing - another yellow rainfall warning for us down here. After a dry February, we seem to be paying for it in March, with heavy rain while the rest of the country got snow :p. Hopefully get it out of the way now and have a dry june/july!

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Cork, Kerry, Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Prolonged rainfall through Wednesday and Wednesday night.

Potential impacts;

• Localised flooding

• Difficult travelling conditions

Valid: 16:00 Wednesday 15/03/2023 to 06:00 Thursday 16/03/2023

Issued: 13:46 Tuesday 14/03/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

just had a completely unexpected snow shower here in Navan.... now its blue skies everywhere! crazy day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Leitrim, Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Lying snow and freezing temperatures Tuesday evening and Tuesday night. Falls of sleet and snow Wednesday morning could produce some temporary accumulations.

Potential impacts;

• Icy roads and paths

• Hazardous travelling conditions

Valid: 18:00 Tuesday 14/03/2023 to 12:00 Wednesday 15/03/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭lolie

Had a very heavy shower of snow at 1.30. Went from near whiteout to blue skies again in a mater of minutes.

Screenshot from the yard camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Cold here in carrick on shannon was some snow last night and I'm in another yellow snow warning ⚠️ for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We will remember this cold March period for a few years and it does give us decent hope that Ireland can still produce snow, that we still have the 'technology'.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I will remember it for being Another Snow Letdown as someone put it. It might as well have rained....

Beautiful evening in Galway. Stars are out. Chilly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

2C and rain. ME forecast for rain all day. Dreadful stuff altogether.

Leitrim

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Back into another Atlantic onslaught from the looks of it, next few weeks look unsettled with rain or showers every single day. Looks unsettled right into first week of April. This Spring is shaping up to be vastly different to last Spring where it was warm, dry and settled for most of it.

Snowed this morning. Just patchy accumulation at my altitude cars roofs etc but wasn’t much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Defrosting car windscreen at 6a.m

Looking out at wet muck now. Boo. Kids had loads planned outdoors at school today.

4⁰ Meath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

No one will be going outside the door today, absolute relentless pig muck and it's to stay like this till the morning, so a 24 hour rain event, possibly the 3rd one of the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

After how stunning and record-breaking last March was with its sunshine, not surprised one bit how cloudy and unsettled this March is. Though after the few days I had last week, no complaints from me for a change! Fantastic sunrise this morning I missed too before the miserable rain came.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

This time last week, I was

Today, I am

March of many weathers

www.x.com/wolfeeire

Yellow - Rain Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry

2pm

Malin head coldest at 4c

11c in SW

Just drove over a road at 180m asl. Still snow lying in the grass but won’t take long to wash away with the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Horrific day in Cork, raining non stop since mid last night, getting absolutely sick of rain and oppressive grey skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭esposito

Dreadful, depressing day. Atlantic muckfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I am right in saying that if we have a cold march its usually a great summer ☀️ so hopefully we do get a great one 😀 just gone 20 past 6 and still bright loving the great stretch in the evenings, sure clocks go forward on 26th at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Anyone know last night's minimum temperature. Taps in shed were frozen at 7am so it was fairly hard?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Robwindstorm

I am in Meath, but would also be curious about the national minimum Tuesday night. It just seemed severe enough. Thanks

Feels very mild this morning. Almost balmy.

The bird sounds are amazing these past few days. So much activity.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is the problem with getting long dry spells there is nearly always a payback. As regards having a good summer, well you better hope we don't get a strong el nino event, as that usually means a wet summer for us. It's also not good news if you want colder weather during winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

So yeah, i think that's pretty much it for winter 22/23; I'd give it a 5/10 (and that's being generous), literally the most extreme example of a bookended winter ever, with 2 good weeks at the start of December, one good week at the start of March, and nothing but pure crap for the 2.5 months in between (February in particular); only giving it such a high rating because of the beautiful snowy scenes I saw in Dublin/Wicklow during December and March (last Friday was literally the deepest snow I've ever seen in Ireland, only 6 miles from Dublin city centre lol); anyway the outlook for the rest of March looks pretty vile, and I've no great expectations for our spring or 'summer'. 

• Advertisement

I would have given the winter 2 out of 10 and only for the cold spell at the start of December and tumbleweeds for the rest of winter. The March cold spell has nothing to do with winter as is in the Spring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement