Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

Very very wild here beside Shannon airport..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice rainbow over DunLaoghaire Harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭pad199207

Squally showers in Kildare with hail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

First half of last night was not too bad with breezy conditions and some cloud but then it just went wild. Foam coming over the cliffs and horizontal rain.Some really heavy rain here in Waterford today.

From last night when the sky went nuts. Could see the rays with the naked eye and the band of green. Top on 18mm and the bottom 10mm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning pictures Spookwoman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭OldRio

Dreadful torrential rain at times in Leitrim. Awful day.

I'm pretty handy with a blunt saw and rusty nails. What size was this ark thingy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Drove through some torrential heavy squally rain on the way home from Limerick this afternoon, wipers on full speed could hardly clear the rainwater and spray off the road. Back home in Kerry and brightened up nicely late afternoon. No shortage of water for the ponds!

Pic: 17.20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cold and wet. We did need rain, but it's not nice getting too much of it all at once. I wonder how Europe is doing. There were droughts in France and Italy up until quite recently. And this was after Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Cork2021

We’ve had 3 red wind warnings, numerous yellows and orange warnings since I moved into my house in north cork in 2016, I’ve had a storage box with my lawnmower in it! Today it takes off and gets smashed!! Wtf!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

I was looking up the wind gusts for today and was surprised they weren't stronger, certainly felt quiet strong at times especially when I was driving on higher exposed roads like the motorway around Limerick. I think it was the local squally nature of the showers today, real wind driven rain, big downdraughts it would seem and to add to the fact we haven't had a windy day in so long probably made it feel even stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They are quite concerned and deservedly so, was looking at a video recently, river beds with dust and grass growing, ones that never went dry in living memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Probably the best day we’ve had this year so far. Nothing spectacular mind but at least it’s not flogging down with rain or freezing cold. It’s dry and 12 degrees. Hint of spring there but I’m sure next week will see us back to winter again. No chance of cutting grass or anything mad like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Some much needed rain in Cork this evening.... 😒🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Absolutely lashing in Bandon today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭esposito

Not a nice morning/ early afternoon in Dublin. Currently raining. I think Met Eireann got their forecast wrong for Dublin today.

”Brightening up through the morning”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭emo72

It's a long winter now. Need a day of mild warmth and sunshine.

Beautiful sunny Spring day in Kerry, coffee outdoors, 12.1C light breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Really heavy downpour in Galway and we didnt even get the worst of it looking at the radar must be really bad out west if it was this bad here...no mention of this on the forecast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Feels like we've turned the corner in Cork, much more spring like today although the breeze is still very cool. Hopefully things start to dry up a bit over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Very nice weekend even though we got some over night rain. Bright and sunny with a bit of heat from the sun. Can't complain with this weekend anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

First day of Spring today in Cork. Marked difference from yesterday. Decent sunshine, a breeze, and everything just felt springlike.

Great day rummaging along the coast here in Kerry, got up to 13.1C and felt warm out walking in the sun.

Pic: Fenit Island 14.30

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely day West Clare.

What happened to the widespread frost tonight? On Friday it was there, just checked now and it's only Ulster/North Leinster

Got a wicked hail shower an hour ago in limerick, has really wetted things again after a nice day. Hadn’t seen that forecast. iPhone weather app has gone so bad recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

The weekend was half decent it was nothing spectacular just so much better than what it has been. The forecast for next week as per met Eireann isn’t great and certainly wouldn’t indicate that we’ve turned any corners. What’s the outlook beyond Thursday?

Cold start for some. Dublin Airport reporting -4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Kutebride

High cloud, bright to the east. Darker skies looking NW.

-1 Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I have not seen the fields as wet in March for a long time as they were last week. Still it's amazing what even a couple of dry days at this time of year can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement