Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another horrendous wet day today in Meath. Over the past week with so much rain garden is starting to get back into the state it was over Christmas and early January, we need a prolonged dry spell soon but I feel we're going to have to wait some time to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Here comes the sun.. What a difference it makes.. No more rain either . A lovely day.

West Mayo offshore..

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BagofWeed

Vile and disgusting in Cork City since IMO Wednesday evening and no let up in it. Grey overcast, bands of rain.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like a squall line has formed over Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭alentejo

Downpour in Dublin 2 @ 13.45. It is not often that the weather catches me out and I get absolutely soaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just seen the new snow/ice warnings on met ie...

Warnings & Advisories - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

We just came out of a dry spell, you're living in the wrong country altogether Gonzo lad 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I missed that by nano-seconds!! We were on a fabulous walk with sunshine all the way, stopped in home to drop hubby back (I needed a faster pace) and change my jacket cos I was sweltering (even the wind was warm) and by the time I got back to the front door it was thundering down. Doesn’t look like it’s going to blow over either. All lights needed now 😒

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ominous looking towards Dublin. Wouldn't be surprised to hear thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

That's a great picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Robwindstorm

That sure is a beautiful photo. You should enter that into a competition or have it picture framed. The colour of the sky and sea is spectacular. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Not in Donegal at the moment but looks to be snowing/wintry mix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Several locations in NI have 1 C temp and dew points, with radar quite active over most of Ulster. Can imagine it's snowing above about 200m in that. Will move into parts of north midlands later tonight, probably turning to all wet snow. 2-5 cm potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Belmullet gusting 45 knots from the North East as this feature passes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Snowing just east of Castlebar now. Started off as a real sleety mix but gradually turned to snow. Plenty of big flakes and fairly marginal stuff by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Heavy sleet here at Dunshaughlin, so very close to snow but just too marginal. This would have led to a decent dusting or more a few weeks ago.

Ballyhaise recorded recent snow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Serious amount of Snow in Leitrim. This is proper stuff and the our first of the winter (Not counting that wet stuff from last week)

Started about 10 mins ago and laying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Rain turning to sleet in Galway city, zero craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Sleety rain in West Galway.

If only it was 2 months ago 😉

Enjoy the snow OldRio

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Banarol

Loud clap of thunder mid tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

Crazy Hail in Kildare was almost expecting some lightning

Hefty rain shower in Greystones and was almost expecting some lightning too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy shower of Sleet.

Hint of sleet to that rain now. 4.2c atm. Tops of Dublin/Wicklow Mountains should be getting a top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

It lasted all of 30 minutes. Then sunshine. Wet mix of sleet and rain showers at the moment.

Maybe some transient accumulations tomorrow

Cloudy tomorrow morning as rain in the southwest and west extends to all areas by lunchtime, preceded by some local sleet or snow with some temporary accumulations possible. Continuing wet through the afternoon and evening with poor driving conditions. The rain will be heavy in places resulting in some spot flooding. Afternoon temperatures of 2 to 5 degrees in the north, 7 to 11 degrees generally. Fresh and gusty south to southeast winds later veering southerly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Line of sleet and wet snow on its way to you Gonzo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement