Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at the Sphere - Las Vegas - Fall 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Same here! 2 cheap seats for Friday 20th. $280 for the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

I got two 'cheap' tickets for Saturday the 30th. Kind of surprised...maybe demand isn't as great as they say it is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

I’d say not the case, its just showing, the fanclub presale, is working. Pricing appears high initially. but not really, when compared to other big acts playing in U.S. looks to me like they planned the pricing part, very carefully, and recent tm blunders of overcharging etc have been taken into account.

curious to see what the TM fees & service charges were on these tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Hope it’s a great concert. I was toying with going but just couldn’t justify the 20 hours of travelling time to get there, €2k spend, plus I just don’t like Las Vegas as a place.

I also convinced myself that without Larry it’s breaking the magic of U2.

But if it was somewhere like New York I still would have gone for the show, hope that new venue lives up to the hype.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I didn't get $267 General Admission floor tickets :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

Got the text there confirming my access to the pre-sale, I was aiming for the Wed 11th October show but was willing to consider any date really.

I got through the log in and "waiting lobby" very quickly but then saw that the standing/GA tickets for ALL dates were sold out.

I could have got seated tickets for the 9th but the cheapest option was $501 per ticket so decided to bail.

Pity....flights and a strip hotel (Planet Hollywood) for 3 nights was coming in at 1500 for both of us, all in.

Not too disappointed as we were in Vegas before and saw the Zoo TV tour first time around.

I would still go and see the show if they brought it to Europe.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I got an email saying I would get a code via text. I haven't received a text yet but I wont be paying 501 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭emo72

I used to cry if I had to trek to Marley park for a concert. Half way around the world? Not even for a Beatles Resurrection Concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Eventually got the text and was able to get two general admisssion for the 25th!

This is a venue specific show, so in its “Vegas Sphere” form, it won’t be done anywhere else

• Advertisement

Update!

Got two seated tickets for Wed 11th in section 406 row 8 for $140 each.

Decided to grab them, can always put them back for re-sale later.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Any tips please???

Am violet u2.com fan. And verified fan on ticketmaster - got sent link

And no joy. Are there any general admission $267 tickets available for any date?? They don't say sold out but say different things (not on sale/in the works etc) but none showing at the end of the day

I'd take $140 seating tickets also.

Any tips at all welcome please!

They just added 5 additional nights, and the presale for these, is exclusively, for fans who were registered, but unsuccessful on the presales for the previous 12 gigs already announced.

October 27th & 28th

November 1st, 3rd, & 4th

More than 1 million ticket requests received, the blurb says:

How's everyone getting on re booking flights/hotels?

(I'm wary of 3rd party sites selling flights below the aer lingus website prices)

Total price booking direct with aer lingus and planet rock hotel is now coming in at 1037pp for 4 nights

CPL 593H

Well I am a u2.com subscriber and I haven't heard a dickey bird by email

Assuming you registered a ticketmaster request, by April 26th last, if request is successful, then someone above, got a text rather than an email.

They are likely also prioritising the “Ultra” Group, those who were members of the u2 fan club, prior, to the Vegas announcement, before moving onto 2nd group “Violet”.

Its a bit of a lottery though, there no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

What is their commitment? Presumably runs into 2024? They will manage this carefully with slow releases of tickets and ensure full venues with demand exceeding supply.

Hard to tell, 17 announced so far. but there is another audio visual space show, playing at the venue, the nights the U2 gigs are not on, mainly midweek, but that show, switches into weekends, and runs 7 days a week from 20th November, meaning, possibly a few more U2 gigs could happen, but not many more, the mid to late November 19th free dates, may well be reserved for another act.

Venue is also booked solid for all of 2024, with the same Space show, bar a week long gap in Feb 2024, assume another show, booked in for that gap.

https://www.thespherevegas.com/shows/postcard-from-earth?camefrom=cfc_sphere

That's a bit annoying. The new dates would have suited me a lot better than the one I ended up getting. I suppose with a million applications I should be more grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Hi, I'm looking to trade 2 Fri 27th GA tickets for 2 Sat 28th GA tickets. Have 4 Friday night tickets.Only interested in trading and not selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Never got the text yesterday evening. When I went to join que it was telling me that my ticketmaster account isn't linked with verified fans. But it it 🤷‍♂️

I believe GA cannot be transferred/traded. Only option is to sell them back to ticketmaster

Anyone know when the general sale is for the latest gigs to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭argentum

Just bought a ticket for ground floor standing but got it as part of a hotel package for November 1st expensive but really looking forward to it as a treat to myself ...still to book flights ...looking like 800 return on aer lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

I got 3 tickets for 5th Oct via the U2.com subscription. I only subscribed 2 days earlier! 🥹

I also got 3 tickets for 7th Oct with the hotel + ticket package.

we’ll stay for 5 nights and take in the 2 shows.

Oh I know,hence why I'm trading with someone that would have the tickets for the following night,they'd enter with me on the Friday and I'd enter with them on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I read that there was demand for at least 1 million pre sale tickets. Leaving about 700,000 disappointed.

U2 would have to perform around 58 shows to meet that demand excluding general sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You can swap login details but thats not ideal, seems to be alot of that going on in the US, people surrendering accounts.

Advertisement