Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at the Sphere - Las Vegas - Fall 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

U2 would not have made it without any of the four. That was one of the things that set U2 apart. Not based on musical talent, but the characterisations, sound and uniqueness they each brought. Take one of the elements out of the band and the arse falls out of it. Case in point, Adam and Larry are not on the majority of this latest album and people can hear it and it's worse without them.

Brian and Roger from Queen weren't making it without Freddie, but Freddie wasn't making it without Brian, Roger and John

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

The Letterman documentary was quite enjoyable, although I did miss Larry and Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

Any U2.com subscribers here? What has your experience been with gig presale? I know some subscribers were left without tickets for Bono’s Olympia show.

I’m considering subscribing with a view towards the Vegas shows, however the site states those who have subscribed by Sunday Feb 12 2023 (12pm PST/3pm EST/8pm GMT), will have the opportunity to be first to access tickets in a special U2.com subscriber presale. Everyone that subscribes after this date will be next in line.

I’m weighing up if it’s worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Like all fan/supporters clubs/presales it doesn't ever 'guarantee tickets' (only access to a presale)

I might rejoin the U2 club in the next year when there is a real possibility of a tour with Irish dates. Some of the subscriber gifts are cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm a subscriber for a good few years. Got access to tickets a few times. I doubt if joining now would get access to tickets for these Vegas shows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Did the equal pay thing not go out the window (ironically) during the recording of achtung baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Never heard that and would be very surprised if it did.

Achtung Baby and Zooropa were the very definition of the band all working together to produce the outcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my memory is that part of the strife in the band at the time was over bono and the edge bringing most of the musical ideas to the table, and that was part of the 'settlement' in keeping the band together, that they got more money than adam and larry. will see if i can find a source.

edit; the one source i found so far contradicts my memory. maybe it was some other band i am thinking of (off to see if it's potentially REM...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭HBC08

Just 5 gigs announced. Sep 29 & 30 and Oct 5,7 & 8.

https://www.u2.com/splash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭fafy

Some friends in London are looking at going. Some hotel & ticket packages already sold out, ticket pricing is high as expected, but thought they would be higher, to be honest.

One would expect a premium, for this venue, as it sounds totally immersive.

There will be several other nights added.

Willie Williams promo:

https://youtu.be/T7VG52035Z4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I dont know why but with the Sphere shape I had presumed it was going to be a stage in the middle of the venue with seating 360 degrees around it. I suppose that wouldnt allow for much of a light show compared to having the stage up against a venue wall.

I applied for two seated tickets for the Saturday. Probably won't get them anyway.

I’ve been at the very impressive imax in London, but this venue, is on another level completely. Apart from gigs, watching even a space exploration video in here, seems like it would be quite an experience.

Seems like all the U2.com subscribers are lumped together now. I recall on previous tours you were given preference based on how long you were a subscriber for, but that seems to be gone now. Not sure if a U2.com subscription is really worth all that much anymore as far as ticket sales are concerned.

My UK friends checked this, and there is still a “priority order” to the presales, for subscribers, allthough, it is not obvious, but this time, it happens, after the ticket request is sent.

To check, which group you are classed as, go to “account info” on your u2 com account, and you will see either: Ultra or Violet as per below:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

I purchased the hotel + ticket package for Sat 7th October. I stayed in the Palazzo last year and it’s an incredible hotel, happy to stay there again.

I have also applied for the Thu 5th Oct show via U2.com. If I’m lucky I’ll take in the two shows but I’m happy to have one in the bag already.

The hotel + ticket packages aren't too bad, I thought they would be more expensive. But unfortunately there is no cancelation or resale once purchased.

Can be got for $950 each, 2 sharing. I have entered the lottery anyway for the October dates.

Another 7 gigs added, 12 in total now

• Advertisement

The extra dates should increase the chances of getting a ticket. But it's still a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Wonder what the chances of more shows being added? Was hoping some some during school mid-term.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone waiting on a notification about tickets today? (I am!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Im not too keen on this show to be honest.

It could be like the Joshua Tree 2017 tour, a huge screen dwarfing the band , I didnt rate that stage setup at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭skinnyfries

AFIK emails are being sent out Wednesday evening ET, so who knows!?!

So I am based in USA. It is 2pm here. My email said beginning Wed 26th. Um I don't know why....but I took that to mean 10am my time lol

Okay so I think I just have to be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭skinnyfries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭v10

I'm in !! GA for Friday October 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some commitment tbf, hope the show is worth for all ye travelling over for it

Be very surprised if one of the shows is not recorded for a Disney+ special or something

Advertisement