Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at the Sphere - Las Vegas - Fall 2023

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Well that gig was incredible, unsure if its his shtick that Ali is in attendance tonight but would explain how much of a good mood bono was in and show being put on by him.

Sphere itself is so vast no pictures really do it justice tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

If you have a look at the U2 At The Sphere fb page ypu will sell them on easily,especially seated tickets as they van be easily transferred.The GA tickets are more in demand but there seems to be issues transferring them.

Note that ypu need to sell face value only on there.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

Wow! That was something else, if you are on the fence you should do what you can to see this. I deliberately didn’t watch any online footage before going and it exceeded expectations on so many levels. Still buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Would love to go back, try the "U2 at the Sphere" facebook group

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Hi gang,

I was at the show last Friday night. Absolutely astounding.

It was a quick 48 hour trip for me, barely saw any of Vegas. But I can see how people buy tickets to go the next night (my wife may have filed for divorce)

I'm just going through my photos and videos, they are superb. But don't quite convey the venue and the experience.

One negative for me was the US crowd. Lots of people just sitting there, obviously not fans. Ive seen it before when seeing them in Chicago but this seemed to be worse, must be a Vegas thing.

A poster above mentioned the original ZooTV tour. I remember that well. The Zoo Station/The Fly sound was extraordinary. I think after 30 years we have heard similar bombastic sounds from other bands since. (Slane 2001 was prob my favourite U2 gig)

But this venue almost seemed like what they had originally envisioned when they planned the Zoo tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Yeah it's a great show, seen it twice one weekend back in October and would have gone again if I was let !

I'd imagine Vegas gets a lot of 'non fans' at residencies just because of the massive amount of tourists who'll attend because they're there. Speaking of the US crowd, I remember going to see U2 in MSG in New York and people sitting around me eating popcorn like they were at the cinema ...

I was 3 from the rail in GA one of the nights and expected to be squashed like if it was in Slane.Loads of room around us but there seemed to be a general rule of you don't move in front of people.A guy with a tricolour tried it mid show and was shifted out of there fairly quick by a few different groups.There was a decent atmosphere and people dancing but very different to standing at a show here.

I was up on the 400 level for another night,everybody sat down until the last couple of songs.This suited me fine as I wanted to see the whole thing from a different perspective.

I guess there's a few things at play here,a lot of fans there to see Sphere as much as U2, a residency has more tourist types,general cultural differences.

There's probably a reason loads of bands go on about Irish crowds being the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Here since Tuesday evening and eagerly awaiting tomorrow night. Can see the Sphere from our hotel (circus circus, place is a circus!) Rumours at home that Larry will be picking up the sticks for the weekend?

You're in for a treat!

Only place Larry story has been reported is Daily Mail,no source either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Larry was in attendance last night but he wasn’t playing. His left leg is in a medical boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Last show tonight.... If not for the above post I'd have expected LMJ to close out the show with 40.

Ah well, roll on 2025!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

Gazillions of videos out there, and i’m sure nothing comes remotely close, to actually being there, but this gives a good account for a video of the last track of the 40 nights:

https://youtu.be/PHiguntzD10?si=DPEJRS9uY7gj4hSc

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Wonder when the next tour will be? Need something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Probably summer 2025, on the heels of a new album, which will hopefully be out by the end of the year or early next year.

A lot will depend on how quick, and how well Larry recovers. 🤞

Advertisement