Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at the Sphere - Las Vegas - Fall 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah I know what you mean but for my show there is around 250-300 or so tickets available on the ticketmaster resellers market, do you think punters will hold out and buy them then at inflatable prices on the day or sellers will start dropping to minimise their losses

The seats directly in front of me are $886 dollars at the moment $600+ dollars more than I paid 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

I bought a Vibee package for the Feb 15th gig so ticket roughly works out about $700 for a standing GA ticket.

I'm also going feb 18th and my friend somehow got us tickets on TM for $195 (seated in the 400 section)

This whole thing including spending money is coming in about 5-6k.Its a crazy amount and it does worry me a bit but it really is once in a lifetime stuff.

There's a FB group called u2 at the Sphere.Sometimes people swap and sell tickets on there, it might be worth a look.Also you can pick up tickets the day of or the hour before most of the gigs,especially midweek ones.I wouldn't like to take this risk but it might suit some.

Also just had a look there and Vibee still has packages for about 3 or 4 shows.Only seated tickets and works out at about €1200 pp including two nights at the Venetian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Any resales will go in the next month at inflated prices.

sellers won’t be dropping prices from what currently trying to flog them

at. Enough people will bite the bullet at pay over the odds to catch one of the last shows

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Lustrum

We're going next week, just got an email today about priority wristbands on a first come basis from 8am - has anyone done this and is it just for priority entry to the venue?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

It's just for GA entry and those who want to get right up the stage. We didn't bother and entered the venue at about 6:30pm and it was pretty easy to get close to the stage without any of the hassle. Enjoy the concert, it's fantastic !

There's also an independent fan line for GA but it involves being there two days before, a bit extreme.

Do you have a Vibee package? As I understand it with the VIP Vibee package there is some sort of priority entry to GA aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Would love to go over again but it's a non-runner.

Got this framed up last week to keep the memories alive.

To anyone heading over soon, you're in for the best concert experience you will ever see.

Enjoy every moment! 😊

CPL 593H

Very cool, I was looking at doing something similar.

Did you post it back to yourself or bring on the plane.Ive heard of them getting damaged in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

The Sphere is getting terrible reviews on tripadvisor. You wonder how will it make money after U2 finish. Although I'm glad I made the trip to Vegas I'm not sure if it was one of my favourite U2 concert experiences. Being at Slane 2001 is still the top, followed by Rome 2017 and London 2015. I was in the 'cheap' 400 seats and although it was still a spectacular show I wouldn't say it was flawless.

I never saw Zoo TV but I've spoken to people who did and they mention in particular being blown away by the opening of Zoo Station, apparently the sound when Adam Claytons bass kicked in was something to behold. Maybe I was being unrealistic expecting something similar at U2UV but it really wasn't as loud as I was expecting. I thought the sound was actually better at the O2 in London in 2015. Maybe if I was closer to the front it would have been better.

I've definitely experienced better atmospheres at other U2 shows. The crowd in Rome really but any other crowd to shame. Achtung Baby is obviously an amazing album but there are many songs on it that would not be known to casual fans. I noticed a big lull in atmosphere in the Sphere during some of these songs. All the way through the show my view was disrupted by people standing up and leaving to buy drinks and snaks etc.

Speaking of which, the prices are ridiculous. 20 dollars for a pint. 40 dollars for a vodka and coke. They don't list the prices so you don't know how much you are going to have to pay until you are at the till. It was still an amazing experience and I'm glad I did it but I can kind of understand why some reviews of the place are so bad.

• Advertisement

Heading over next week, for those that have been have you any recommendations for some grub and pints before hand, checked out the rockhouse in the venetian seems fine with a happy hour until 7 and grub is run of the mill.

Got it on ebay, cost me an arm and a leg but it got here undamaged.

Delighted I bought it, keeps the memories going every time I look at it. 😎

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭10-10-20

BrewDog, hands-down for me. I had great food and a few good beers and it wasn't crazy expensive. One of the few relaxing spots in LV.

Cheers for the shout, I found their pub in docklands to be woeful is the Vegas one much of a step up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

36 dollars for a whiskey and coke in MSG. 18 dollars for a beer. Kind of part of the live event culture in the States

Oh, it's no comparison. I sat on the balcony out looking at the city from 3 floors up; had a starter (hummus and bread, $12) which was almost enough to be a main-meal. Chilled atmosphere.

I also ate at Water Grill in Caesars' and it was nice if not overpriced. HaSalon in the Venetian, was... eh - fine. Don't make the mistake of booking a place and then attempting to cancel though... 😣 They don't do cancellations. At all. Ever.

Bit of a trek from Brewdog to Sphere. 😕

CPL 593H

Interesting, thats why I like the look of the rockhouse place, its overlooking the strip and the gondolas in the venetian as its a short hop from there to the sphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

We went all touristy and actually bought a can to drink on the way up the strip. We saw loads doing it so decided to join in. Plenty of places to buy them and shops didn’t say anything to us when we were browsing around. We were just too excited to sit anywhere and have a few points. Kind of regretted it though when I got a thirst in the sphere and had to pay $20 a pint 😂

Probably once in a lifetime experience, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Black Tap in the Venetian was fine for food and drink was not overly expensive.

The Stage Door Bar has beer starting from $1.50 and is a 15 minute walk from the Venetian

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

Beer for $1.50? That is pretty unheard of in US now, what size measure?

I've tickets for Saturday night, really looking forward to it. Never set foot in Vegas before!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

A can of Miller Lite is $1.50, regular beers are about $4

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭El Vino

Wow, that is decent, Miller Lite not the best but even $4 is very good. Will check it out for a bit of pre loading Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ricardo Montalban

Heading over in 2 weeks. Has anyone rented a car there recently and would recommend a decent company? Seems to be fairly hit and miss it appears judging from online reviews, even for some reputable firms.

Looong time fan, first gig Croker 29/06/1985 and many more since! Looking forward to this one. Thanks folks.

Yes, Hertz at the airport was the best be for me (got a Shelby GT-H). Collecting from Hertz downtown was an extra 25% or more.

Watch out - all airport returns go back to a central return hub which is not all that near the airport and you can miss the turn-off and end up doing loops. 😫 Driving there was fine, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I rented with Alamo in Vegas after U2 and traveled California for a couple of weeks. I used this link, it's a Travel industry staff Alamo Gold offer and got a great rate with all insurance included. I didn't need any ID etc, just choose the Accelerated Check-In option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Heading to gig on Friday but thought I'd have a gander while here. Fair few tickets on the likes of viagogo, vivid and other reselling sites for below 250. Suppose it's a gamble some may take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

Hi - hope this isn’t breaking any posting rules!! - I have 2 tickets for Thrs 15th - Section 302 - unfortunately can’t go now - happy to sell for face value - anyone interested ? can suggest the best place to try to sell.

Advertisement