Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at the Sphere - Las Vegas - Fall 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Fully agree. 4 or 5 days is more than enough in Vegas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'm in the 400s for the last night feb 18th.Ill be in Vegas for 5 days,3 on my own,I've never been before.

I really going to try to get standing tickets for one of the shows,it's apparently two different experiences.

Its seems to me the standing area is never really wedged (so much so that servers are taking orders for beer and bringing it over to you) and you can get within 10 rows or so without going to official fan line ups etc Obviously a different story right up the front on the rail and a few rows behind that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭furiousox

I was in 406 and the view up there is spectacular!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am at the back of 403 on the aisle , my worry is I will be asked to sit down

It's fairly steep up there so there wasn't a lot of standing going on.

Towards the end of the show there were bunches of people standing up and giving it loads but no, no-one was telling them to sit down.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Went on Saturday night! Still dreaming about it. Was superb - the effects and the band, all great!!! And Vegas was as fun as ever :)

Was in the 100's with the dreaded overhang. You forget about it after a while, but tbh still feeling like was sold a pig in a poke

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Folks, any idea how one would get 2 tickets for this at this stage? I've picked wens Jan 31st as it's least in demand date. Hotel and flights are reasonable but ticketmaster looking for 750usd for bad seats and reseller sites 950usd for standing. I've subscribed to u2.com in hope of a ticket sale but unlikely.

I managed to get tix through a friend (he somehow bought them as resold tix on TM for $195,which is below face value,he got 3 together in the 400 section at this price) for final show feb 18th.

I got greedy then to go another night as I'm over there for a week and ireally want GA(standing tix).Couldnt find any options so went mad and bought a Vibee package for $2k for two nights hotel and concert GA tix.

Your best bet is Vibee package for the Thurs 15th Feb shows (only ones left,same deal as myself,around $2k for two nights in Venetian including concert tux but no flights) or fly over in the hope that tix drop on TM late the day/night of show.They have been dropping like this regularly apparently.

Another option that has worked for people is getting to box office at sphere and queuing up the afternoon of the show.BO doesn't open til 6.30 though.

Also maybe join the u2 sphere fb group,lots of good info and experiences there.

This whole thing is out of character and costing me about 5k which I can't afford. I've gone a bit mad trying to go to two shows but I really want to experience from standing and sitting perspective,they are supposed to be world's apart.

We picked that week, flying in tues and out sunday so we could catch cheapest for wed, fri or sat depending, we got lucky on the first release of tickets recently, from looking at the three nights the Friday ( one I am going too) looks the cheapest with tickets at 500 dollars each unless you want to go and sit in the overhand seats which for the wednesday night can be got for around 380.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭argentum

Security isn't the tightest inside the venue

I went in the wrong entrance and ended up in a seating area with a standing ticket on my phone

You could walk down the stairs of the side to go into the standing area or get into a lift down to standing

I had no wristband and left to go to the toilets from the standing area

Coming back in I was stopped and asked for my wristband ,I said I'd none so they sent me out to a desk to get one

At no stage did I have to show my actual ticket to get down or to get a wristband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I got stopped trying to slip into the standing area as I had no wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

I see the Formula 1 got off to a bad start, might bring a bit of schadenfreude to those who were inconvenienced by the build up - a car wrecked by a loose manhole cover on the strip..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Went to U2 on Friday night, the venue is epic, we were in Section 108 Row 32, so had the dreaded overhang :(

Chanced our arm at going to GA but got stopped at the last hurdle for wrist band checks.

Would have like to get the full experience of the screens, but once the show started we barely even noticed.

Spent the week in Vegas, afraid to check how much we spent 🤑

I'll be spending a week there and going to two shows,I'm dreading the cost of a week in vegas!

Did you know it was obstructed view when you got ticket?

They've just announced another 4 dates going into March.

dont remember at time of purchase. Could have been pointed out but didn’t notice.

bought them in a rush while a passenger in a car.

still paid a pretty penny for them. Don’t think they were discounted.

only noticed when downloaded ticket. It said it on that.

Yes they weren't discounted.

A lot of people who bought the Vibee VIP packages got obstructed view tickets in the 100 sections,that was really bad form when you're paying thousands.I bought a Vibee package but wanted GA tickets so the overhang lottery isn't an issue.

One bit of advice when buying on ticketmaster to try get tickets for new shows is that it let's everyone in at once so be quick on selection and purchase.

We had to click 5/6 seats before we got one it was like whack a mole blue dots disappearing all over the place and a pop up saying chosen seats were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Probably, but not necessarily, Khan is up for re-election next May, and there is politics involved, and these projects invest a lot of cash, and tend to be very determined, so they may have options, if not in London, i could see one of these somewhere else in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Omg. I am going again. Got Gen Admission tickets in the presale. Had to buy a horrendously priced vibee package for the overhang section a month ago.

Going to stay in Mandalay Bay. Anyone been there recently?

How much did you get the ticket for?

A friend got me a ticket for the 18th Feb but I also wanted to go twice and see it from GA,I had to shell out for a Vibee package for that.

Been a while since i was in the Mandalay Bay, but it was nice at the time, my only issue with it is that its at the end of the strip, so everything is a bit of a trek.

Paid $250 per floor ticket this time around. Plus $600 per person for flights and hotel (am in the US already). So $850 per person

Last time the vibee tickets and hotel and flights cost about $1500 pp

That's a good deal!

The Vibee package I went for was the most basic so about $1200 each.

A friend then got resale tix on TM in the 400s for $195!

I figure if I'm in Vegas I might aswell see the show twice,from GA and then the 400 section.

I've never been to Vegas and a week is probably too long but this is once in a lifetime stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

I've tickets for a February gig but can't make it and it seems the only way to pass on the tickets is to resell them via TM...except you have to have a US bank account/credit card to do so. Not that stopped them when it came to selling tickets, of course....!

Any way around this...?

EDIT: Sorry...figured it out...added a US$ account to my Revolut, which generated all the details required for a US account and they took my UK-registered credit card details once I had provided the former....result!

Post edited by mrk75 on

How much are you looking for your tickets?

Tickets on stubhub are mad money.

We're looking at going back again in Feb but it's coming in at around 3k all in which is too steep for us.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

They were GA tickets so I couldn't sell/transfer them privately...had to sell them back to TM and they sold them on. $550 or so, I think. It was a bit of a pipe dream...hard to justify all the other costs plus time away from home for a two hour gig...unfortunately!!

Do the tkt cost on the day go down?

I got my tkts for around $250 when they went on general release, my bro is going to come down from Vancouver when we are down there he is hoping to nab a tkt close to the date but as said here the tkt prices being set by TM are crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Unlikely now that the run is ending and people want to catch the show.

Advertisement