Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at the Sphere - Las Vegas - Fall 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭argentum

Heading to Vegas at the weekend.Dublin to San Francisco to Vegas

Anyone thats been this could sound like a stupid question but is it cold there at night time or in the sphere

Hear Air con in every building makes them cold and that the night time temperature outdoors is cold

Normally I just wear polo shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭furiousox

Normally wear polo shirts myself.

We were there on the 11th, daytime temps were 33/34, nightime was about 28.

I was fine with jeans and a polo shirt at night, never needed a jacket.

The sphere is on the cool side due to the vastness of the space but I was ok with it.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Weather was lovely last week, down to mid 20s at night.

I wore shorts and t-shirt in the sphere and that was fine.

Enjoy the gig, it was some experience.

Make sure to head to Old Vegas (Freemont Street)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

We went Cork to London with Aer Lingus and then London to Vegas with Virgin Atlantic. The transfers in Heathrow were pretty seamless and we didn't have the hassle of having to drive from Dublin to Cork after getting home. I probably would have preferred to break up the trip with another US city but we didn't have time. Stayed off the strip in the Platinum hotel which is a bit dated but still very comfortable and the price was more reasonable. Managed to see the Hoover Dam while we were there which was pretty amazing too. I'm glad I went, despite the cost, it was a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I would have said that going from Shannon or Dublin to another US city would be better to get the immigration done first. Going myself next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Immigration into Vegas isn't as bad as other airports as it doesn't handle no where near as many international passengers as New York or Chicago for example. Just my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I cleared US immigration in Dub in about 7 mins at the start of Oct. Just FYI.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Just got my tickets! Section 110, Row 27

Wonder how the overhang will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭skinnyfries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I've been there as well at the end of Sept. Was through in around the same time too.

All I'm trying to say is that it can be quite a handful for some flying around 7-8hrs to New York for example and waiting around for god knows how long then doing another 4-5 hrs flight. If you get LAX or SFO than fair enough but some holiday packages do route people through the east coast with **** connection times.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Wondering if March/April dates are a real possibility, or just hearsay ? I’m relying on them announcing March dates to head over there, so any advice on how to be ahead of the game for tickets, flights etc must appreciated!

Is the u2.com subscription worth it or for the people who have made it to the Sphere so far, have you managed to get tickets outside of the fan club?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ricardo Montalban

Hi, I got 2 seated tickets today in section 310 for Feb 15 on Ticketmaster. Tickets are still available, though many are restricted view. There are also resales available, but they are at extortionate prices. I'm not a fan club member. I think if you're looking for GA tickets being a member is the way to go. Be prepared for separation from a considerable amount of finance if you're travelling from Irl, like me! Good hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcdonut

I picked up two standing GA tickets for Wednesday 7th Feb last night on Ticketmaster.com.

I had two devices open,one for Wednesday gig and one for the Friday. Was logged on in advance and as the queue opened at 9pm Irish time I was in the 400's for both nights...the Wednesday night queue moved quicker and by 7 minutes past 9 I was next in line...

I'm not a member on their fan club.

Good luck if they go on sale again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭HBC08

I was about to pull the trigger on the Venitian package today,I was hoping to go the last night of the run Feb 18th.

A buddy came through for me with tickets in the 400s (row 3 centre) that he managed to get on ticketmaster for $195 each! That is below face value and sounds too good to be true but he goes to a lot of gigs and get a lot of tickets through TM,he knows what he's doing but couldn't believe his luck either.

I was going with the package because I wanted GA and had no other way of getting them.Im over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Managed to nab two for the 2nd of Feb last night as well was all pretty straight forward in the end. Completely forgot the Monday after is a bank hol so have a day to relax when home.

After a few months waiting I finally got to see the concert last night

Blown away by it to be honest

15th gig I've seen them and I enjoyed last nights more than any other one

Got floor tickets ,strolled in at 7pm and was able to get to the barrier but moved back before the show started

After a few songs the whole spectacular thing just seems as one

Band / Wall / Sound

One thing the youtube video's dont do justice to is Bono's voice ...he was in fine form last night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,560 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Whats the face value on floor tickets out of curiousity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcdonut

$267.88 for one ticket after all fees and taxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Fanirish

thats ticketmaster in the USA for ya. Though legislation in usa changing to only showing one total price.

u2 themselves would be getting a decent % of the $72 dollars themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

I am looking to book a package deal for the wife for Christmas. Anyone have a recommendation for an operator they used for flight/hotel/ticket they could recommend please?

package deals seem crazy, Cassidys wanted 2200 for one person, myself and the wife managed to pick up ours for 1650 for the two of us flights, accom and tickets, we are also staying in vegas an extra night and their flight was getting in at around 10 in the evening so youd barely have 3 full days in Vegas.

Post edited by recyclops on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Look for early or mid-week pricing on the major hotels on the strip. Big savings over Fri/Sat night. BA for flights worked well for us (codeshare American Airlines from Dub).

3 full days, crikey, 2 weeks is the minimum Id spend in the US after such a long flight.

Yeah their timings, price etc I though was madness, I think we are going early Tues and leaving Sunday so will have nearly a full week in Vegas. Find 5 days in Vegas is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

Due to work commitments we were only able to stay three nights. Still really enjoyed the trip and managed to get in a trip to the Hoover Dam while we were there. Three nights in Vegas is plenty of time.

I Flew over last Monday leaving Dublin at 12.15 in the afternoon and arriving at 9.00pm Las Vegas Time

I left Las Vegas at 3.45pm on Friday afternoon and arrived back in Dublin at 1.30pm on Saturday

4 nights in Vegas itself

Plenty of time to see and do everything I wanted to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I was there last week. It's impressive in fairness. But I felt that a lot of the audience weren't traditional U2 fans. I was in the 400 section for the most of the show, but slipped down to the 200 section for the last half an hour. I don't think Bono can do the high notes any more. The beer is expensive. €18 for about 700mls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Have to say I agree with you, he seems to be hitting his notes in a different way now, I was on the floor on Friday night and the atmosphere was slightly different to Slane all those years ago! We were walking through the Venetian to get to Sphere and just happened to be walking at the same speed as another couple and they asked us where we were from and we said Ireland, he then asked if I knew if the band were from Ireland😂😂. Overall spectacular screen and location. If I was to go again I would choose a seat though as we spent most of the time looking up as the screen is so big, screen probably not right word.

Advertisement