Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went from 1-7 to 11-9. Brandt and Lacroix reds. Not a single walkout from the Ultimate pack or Rare player pack though 😭😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

7-0 so far. Made more changes to the team to get Dias and DeBruyne in on full chem. Ended up buying HM Cancelo, HM Maignan, TOTY Modric, and gold Mbappe too. I changed my formation in-game from 4321 that I've been playing most of the year to 4132 with both fullbacks on balanced. Very attacking & a lot of fun. RQs and 7,8 nil wins so far. Really can't take any chances with CBs or CDM on the ball as there's no cover. I'll probably get hammered once I start matching better players but defo a good formation for the early part of the WL.

Seems like a lot of people are playing 541 and sitting deep and only playing on the break. Pain in the arse. I scored a De Bruyne hattrick of long-range goals against once guy playing it and he messaged me to complain about my style of play 🤣.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Bought TOTS KDB for 2.4 million on Thursday, He’s now down to 1.5 million

That's an absolute stinger for sure, I guess he’s now Untradable in the club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

That 90+ EGIFS player pick is still broken it seems.

Had both Rodrygo and Alexis in my picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

took the fodder, not one TOTS, they seem hard to pack this year.

TBF i dont see Rodrygo as any great upgrade on mid Jairzinho from very early on or am i missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got luck,,,took the fodder pack instead of Navas and got Talisca. Did the x11 Bundes and got Goreska and Hoffman..not bad at all :)

He's no upgrade at all to be honest.

Mad to think there was cards like Mid Jairzinho available in December.

The power curve was very strange this year.

and mid zidane, he still more than holds his own!

I honestly can't use him for the life of me..he's just sitting forlornly on my bench. Got prime Matthaus from the 90+ icon and I find him far more fun to use. Not a big skiller so prob why Zidane is so popular.

Anyone else get a free 1 of 3 player pick?

Got Fantasy Di Natale from it so happy with that.

• Advertisement

weird..i wonder was thee something wrong with the last sbc for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

It was compensation for a pack in the store a few weeks ago, the pack had loans of heroes in it but the pack description never said that they were loans so they had to compensate

I got Papin from it, not the greatest

Untradable except for Cancelo and Lewa.

He’ll do for the luque1 objectives though.

Have him too so just holding him for that. Be nice to use some of the cards I have sitting.

Even with tots my team is basically unchanged.

LaCroix, Dias, Varane are no better than Ramos / Maldini, base Toure is still as good as any tots midfielder etc.

am having fun with my icon team though.

Have Puskas/Jairziniho/Owen on the bench etc.

They’ve gotten rid of the friendly cup, and put TOTS Openea behind a Fut Objectives.

anyone who can get him using a full Ligue 1 team in Futchamps likely doesn’t need him either….

Stopped at 36 points whatever rank it is.

got Netmar from the rare pack …7 million.

very nice.

Scraped 9 wins and got Nuno Mendes in the reds.

It's crazy how high the standard is in Champs now. Seems like there's no causal players left at all!

• Advertisement

Abusing Davies Giant Throw trait this weekend. Scored a good few cheap easy goals with this. Either by running in behind with a throw from the halfway line or aiming for Lewa on the penalty spot for a knockdown. It's ridiculous how far he throws it!

I’m seeming this sentiment echoed everywhere and was coming to say the same.

usually TOTS weekends are a little easier cause casuals come back, especially for Ligue 1. But the standard is insane this year.

Theyve chased off the casuals massively, and that’s killed my interest too. No interest in just getting face stopped every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is the TOTS Ligue 1 Cup objective for the Ligue 1 TOTS Player Pack very easy? I was expecting an absolute sweatfest and won 9/9 today and gave the last away.

And I am very average, I scrape 9 wins in Champs most weeks, 11 if I am very lucky.

Todibo in the pack.

In general it's considered to be a very difficult game mode, largely because it's SBMM so if you're in D1 you'll play only D1 players and so on.

The issue is that because of the above, most elite players have stopped playing Rivals as the weekly cup rewards are miles better, and are purposely dropping down to lower divisions with each season reset so loads of elite players are now in D4 downwards and for the casual player it makes it extremely difficult.

9/9 in that game mode is some going. What division are you in and what's your Ligue 1 team like?

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've pretty much stopped playing altogether. I gave up in Jan/Feb.

It didn't feel as fun this year, very sweaty. Rivals was my main mode and it was a complete shambles this year. No way am I going to slog it out in Div 3 against elite players keeping their elo artificially low to end up with garbage rewards anyway.

Tried to go back a few times, but it failed to hold my attention.

yes i think i am reaching the same point, you have the odd game you really enjoy but its such a grind now the fun is long gone. I think ill get a switch and play zelda!

surprising the lique1 cup was ridiculously easy...I won mine in about 13 games and gave the rest away.... I struggled big time in the EPL and even the damn bundes one. Got Fofana...bloody dupe..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

@BrentMused

I am Division 4 but havent played Rivals the last few weeks, havent had the time. I used the below, got David from the first 80+ pick I done!

They screwed up Red Ligue 1 picks this week, and forgot to put Sissoko, Ben Yeddar and Veratti into them.

so anyone who got a Red Ligue 1 pick (Rank 6 or over) will be getting them again 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Surprisingly the Ligue 1 Cup was the easiest one so far - got the 9 wins within the first 15 games, reward was Medina

La Liga Cup was the worst and I ended up 1 win short, needed 4 wins from the final 5, lost the first one, won the next 3 then got destroyed in the final one 🤣

Eredivisie Cup got the 10 in the last game, EPL I did with 8 games to spare (I was expecting that to be much harder) and did the Bundasliga with 2 games to spare, getting the final win on a penalty shootout.

So mixed bag, EPL and Ligue 1 was expected to be the hardest but turned out to be the easiest. Eredivisie was a real sweat fest as any one league squad inc Icons was allowed.

Bundasliga was ok but for whatever reason La Liga was a real struggle and on a whole the La Liga TOTs has been the worst as outside of the guaranteed SBC I didn’t pack a single TOTs

Advertisement