Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ake is terrific, he’s finally displaced Baby Maldini for me and he’s a big, big upgrade IMO. Once I saw his stats I didn’t even bother with Robbo.

Currently on 9-3 in my WL. You’d think I’m on course for 14 with form like that, but it just means I’ll have the worst 8 games of my life coming up and I’ll be lucky to scrape to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone noticed that the requirements for the TOTs Eredivisie Cup is broken - basically says use a full Eredivisie squad but you can actually use any one league squad including full Icon team.

hope they actually fix this soon - as it’s just full on sweat mode with people desperate to get that TOTs pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

9-0 so far. Nice and handy too. Seems like a lot of casuals are back on for TOTS. I'll likely hit a wall now. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The usual 11 wins in WL.

De Gea and Danilo the "best" picks from the reds.

Nothing of note from the packs, just high rated fodder.

WC Hero Papin the best option from the Hero PP. And by best I mean highest rated fodder as the 3 options were shocking!

Have my 8 Rivals wins done also so that's my gameplay done until next weekend 😅

Finished on 14. Ake the best pull. Still only makes the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

14 wins and ended up with dupes from my picks and the TOTS pack.

Trading tip if you have plenty of position modifiers:

Buy Mason Mount CAM for around 5.5k, stick a modifier on him and sell as a RW for 9.5k.

I made about 250k from this before running out of modifiers! 😭

It's still working this afternoon.

That TOTS 3 SBC last night has caused some cards from big leagues/nations that can change position to rocket.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you did the Community TOtS SBC and got a moments, congrats, you’re getting another pack with a TOTS in it…

Had so much fodder from TOTS and all the packs so far that I managed to do mid Cruyff from scratch for around 400k.

He was 2m when he was first released around 6 weeks ago so I was delighted with that.

He's superb also, so much fun to use. I play him as CAM behind TOTW Mbappe.

I've gone back to 4-2-3-1 after using 4-2-2-2 or 4-3-2-1 for most of the last few months and finding better success with it. Since the patch I find I need a bit more solidity defensively and having Cruyff, Mbappe, FB Vini Jr and Jairzinho means I can still create chances.

Up to division 3 again after the end of season relegation and went 5-0 in the WL playoffs last night.

Bought TOTS Thuram to play B2B in my 4-2-3-1 but I haven't been that impressed with him. He gets rave reviews online so it's probably just me! I could sell him for a 50k profit so might look to do that and replace him.

Any recommendations for a B2B CM around the 1m max price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd hold off....looking at the premier tots and they're massively boosted.

Reckon a lot of people will be dropping a lot of their current players for tots.

Also Moments Varnane incoming.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

I was looking at Mid Matthaus. Never owned a Matthaus in any FIFA so he interests me as someone who appears to be really good but also someone new to try.

That said he's only 400k so maybe not as good as he appears!

Anyone here used him?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

presume those arent confirmed stats are they? 99 Haaland??

Rashford, Casemiro and Varane 🥰🥰🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

no but they wouldn't be far off...have to give Haaland in fairness the highest rated card...he's just blown scoring records away this season in the Premiershp.

I wish all my fellow boardsies the best of luck this weekend, in what is typically the sweatiest, most toxic weekend of the year 😂

I really cannot stress how much I'd kill for a red Casemiro or Varane this weekend.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I sold off all my tradeable cards a few weeks ago, don't even have a team to play with! Wonder if I'd be better avoiding this weekend as prices might go up for all the people wanting to play WL for PL TOTS?

80 packs to open, and got Saka in my first one, all downhill from here 😂

45 packs down.

Saka, Ramsdale, Odegard and Trippier. Not bad so far.

Final tally

Saka, Martinelli, Ramsdale x3, Trippier, Odegard, James and a tradeable Saliaba who I sold for 600k, and I’ll just to find Casemiro and Kane. Also did four of the six ASM segments with dupes.

• Advertisement

Trippier x2, Zinchenko x2, Kane, Odegaard, Casemiro. None of the big ones.

and I packed Zinchenko from milestone reward pack to complete the set. I packed every single Arsenal TOTS tonight 😂

For real though, Ramsdale is instantly my favourite keeper this year, and Martinelli and Saka are incredible on the wings. In love with all three straight off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I must've opened near 80 so far, Casemiro and James there only blues.

1-5 start to the weekend 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

WL matchmaking has never been as bad as this year, started 11-1 and finished 13-7, it's just a bunch of opponents worse than me followed by a bunch who are way better. Maybe 2-3 even matchups per weekend.

As per usual, despite going 2-7, I ended up with the usual 10-10. Literally doesn’t matter how good or bad I start, always ends up there.

Red Casemiro from my pick 😁

Been using the loan kane tots card, he is lethal, looks great value at 200k

Got mauled by him a few times this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

5-1. Can't wait for more sweating tmrw. 😣

• Advertisement

Worst WL of the year for me.

I nearly always hit 11 and would hit 9 the odd time, but had to win my last 2 games just to hit 9 tonight.

Think it's pretty clear that the causal player base has long since gone now.

It really is just the hardcore players who are left.

Advertisement