Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I hated him at the start but he's starting to grow on me. Reminds me of Ballack in his movement as he's clunky etc and I find his ball control isn't as good as I expected. But as I get used to him I'm starting to appreciate him more. However any sign of a Trent CM and he's gone. I use mid Zidane as the right CM as part of a 3 man midfield but Centurions Trent I find is just bloody fantastic in that same position especially with the outfoot side trait.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So begins two weeks of pack hoarding….

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

I'm in the exact same situation! Something definitely has to be up..

everyone uses the last 2 weeks to rank up for some extra packs. Normally the last 2 weeks of a season are piss easy to get promoted in recent years but because rewards were nerfed this year and the powercurve came early rivals is basically meaingless now. Thursday used to be a big streaming day with rival rewards. You never see that now. I can't tell you the last time :I ever saw rival rewards on youtube.

Got hero pepe from the hero's pick and can see why he's still a mill. Was never impressed with him in previous years but he really fits the game this year. His strength is an absolute lie..pity his composure wasn't in the 90's for 1 on 1s with the keeper but then he'd be a 2mill card. Won me countless matches over the weekend playing in CAM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was planning on doing that Ben White SBC when I saw it leaked. Even knowing he won't be getting an upgrade was going to give it a go. But they've massively overpriced it given TOTS starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What's the best strategy for TOTS then in terms of packs? Do you usually save them until the Best Of or similar comes out or rip them open as and when you get them?

Aside from the Mbappe's etc which we haven't a chance of packing anyway, I actually think the Community TOTS (specifically Thuram!) would be a good fit for my team so may just start opening saved packs over the weekend.

Hopefully TOTS brings the more casual player back as Champs has been horrible over the last month or two.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've barely played at all since TOTY. Tried a few times to go back but it hasn't held my interest for long. They've made such a mess of it this year.

The best of TOTS is still ages away, too long to save packs IMO.

Yeah, we get so much fodder during TOTS I'll probably just open packs as and when I get them.

My team is pretty much icons now so don't really have a preference on which leagues to keep them for either.

FUT Champs rewards have, of course, been nerfed for TOTS.

14 wins now needed to get the guaranteed 3 TOTS players pack whereas 9 wins was enough for the TOTW pack all year.

It's never anything but discards anyway, God forbid they'd allow you an extra 3 (lets be honest, useless) TOTS cards 🙄

I usually hit 11 wins whenever I play, the odd time 9 if I have a bad weekend, but there's not a chance I'll ever hit 14 even if I had two teams on the field! 🙈

- 9 wins gets 1 of 5 TOTS PP (mixed between the major and minor league)

- 11 wins gets 2 x 1 of 3 TOTS PP from the major league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah I’m the same, 14 wins is more often than not one or two more than I can manage. Consistently getting my 11 apart from a couple of bad weekends.

Now it’s going to be tough to even get the 11 with all the sweatiest players coming out of the woodwork for TOTS.

I hit 10 every single weekend. Might see if there’s a 400k investment I can make to my defence to give it a boost.

saving all my packs for PL TOTS. Unlikely to get anything that fits my squad, but on the off chance I can, I want it to be a player I actually know, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Not sure what to do for tots either. Sitting on 320 packs now. Might spread the pack openings out over the few weeks of it or go all out on Ligue 1 hoping for Mbappe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

So two wins away from Div 1 and I cant buy a win. Relegation is tomorrow right? Very annoying.

yep tomorrow...keep trying ..you;'ll get a few tonight who will quit a goal down etc

Credit where credit is due, the new Season Rewards for ranking up the levels are actually excellent.

Loads of easy opportunities to rank up and build up fodder too.

Who has hacked into EA? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just open them as and when you get them, starting tomorrow evening.

Community TOTS looks really good and you'll have tens of good packs a week at this rate for the other leagues.

Lol the Ligue 1 SBC is 75+ x 11, instead of 81+ x 11 like all the other leagues.

Oh wow, the community one does look great.

• Advertisement

that Thuram card will be crazy....think I have 52 packs ...that's a record for me... it kills me to wait even a day to open packs

Some people are packing TOTS Morata and the predicted stats are waaaaaay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I have 1.2m saved and I reckon most of that’ll go on TOTS Robertson. Sick to the teeth of Centurion Trent and HM Cancelo would work so much better as a right back.

Good breakdown of what's on offer for each rank in FUT Champs.

Blargh, dropping nine wins down to one pick :(

I might burn a few high rated loans to grind out that 11th win.

I love Trent's card...he's only a sub for me as I have prime Cafu but as a supersub in midfield he's right in the meta of it. Outside foot trait and body type makes him one of my favorite subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Opened 25 packs. Not great but fodder restocked

Community TOTS is meh compared to the leaks to be honest.

My premature epackulation can't hold any longer so just going to open up all of my packs now and see what I get.

Hoping to restock my club at worst as I literally have 8 gold players outside my squad left! 🙈

Robertson already only 370k at the moment, so you're going to have a little bit left over lol

• Advertisement

Speaking of…

Happy with that. Got the 11 wins. Robertson upgrades Dalot, and I will read up to see if Ake upgrades either Van Dijk or an off chem TOTY Milato.

Advertisement