Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Power curve went high way too early this year. Been a bit boring as no need to incrementally improve the team. I've only made a couple of changes since toty. The Zambrotta SBC and Vazquez for chem. Been stockpiling packs since toty. Sitting on 260ish packs so far.

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Your WL sounds exactly like mine, I was on like 2-7 as well at one point, it was horrific.

I ended up with 10 wins. Lost the last game with a 90th minute penalty, usual nonsense of the ball bouncing back to them and none of my players able to keep hold of the ball when making a tackle.

Got nothing worthwhile.

Prices seem to have tanked this week. My Valverde has halved in value, same as my Militao.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Had loads of gold commons in my club so started doing the Trophy Crafting upgrade SBC's.

Got around halfway through before I ran out but the addict in me couldn't stop so I ended up spending about 250k to finish it out 😅

For completing it 100 times you get:

x100 80+ x 2 rare players

• Seven 84+ Upgrade

• Five 84+ Upgrade

• Two 84+ Upgrade

• 81x11 Upgrade

• 83+ Doubles/Triples

• Base Barnes 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Base Ballack 🇩🇪

• Base Shevchenko 🇺🇦

• Base Hernandez 🇲🇽

The only usable player I packed throughout was gold Neymar (a dupe for me), but I did pack loads of high rated fodder.

So for about 250k I managed to do the above plus was able to use the fodder to craft the Prime Capita SBC purely from what I got from that.

I'd highly recommend him as a CB if you have the fodder, well worth it and he'll stay in teams until the end of the cycle, even with TOTS arriving shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

did the two 15*83+ last night, got that poxy torres card but then got prime vieira, i see he is getting a TT card but looks like its just a +1 so im pretty happy with that pull. pack luck has been good this year, cordoba and di natale early as heros, ginola in december, haaland TOTY and now Prime Paddy V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,564 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I did both 83x15s and got one 88 (Kroos), one 85 (Gundogan), 12 84s and 16 83s. No specials.

Think that 86 Torres is my most hated card in this game, such a dirty move to add him just to boost the pack odds for Icons in the store.

If they're gonna give downgraded Icons at least do it for cards that are otherwise unattainable, why not an 86 Pele?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If you thought that ‘s bad wait till you see Owen..just got him :(

on the plus side got prime puskas from the icon sbc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gameplay today is by far the worst I’ve experienced yet, anyone else find it particularly awful at the minute?

Running a perfect wired connection yet there’s a massive lag on almost every input, ping is great too so it’s not that. It just feels so heavily scripted today.

Started my WL 9-0, now 9-3, I already know I'll finish with 13 wins.

Same thing every time, my last 3 opponents have all been so much better than me its ridiculous, just 75 passes around the edge of the box and then just spamming skill move cancels until one of my tackles bounces back to them.

• Advertisement

I notice keepers are a lot better since the last update....its farcical that every patch makes them alternatively worse or better.

The FIFA 23 experience

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Promo icon flair in WL rewards.

Scottish.

....and it's the **** 88 that's at basically discard.

Such a scummy thing to do for the promo tbh.

That new Bonucci card looks almost too good to be true at 150k.

It has also floored the price of other CB's.

Base Lucio for example down from 500k to 300k this weekend! 😯

Market is crashing like a stone. My Eder Militao was worth like 600k 2 weeks ago, struggling to sell him for 300 right now.

tots will do that!

Yea I also have tradeable Gomez and tradeable Valverde, about 1 million worth of coins right there, just wondering if I should just cash out now.

i would cash out of anything tradeable, itll be a heap of 90+ cards from now on, some of them free.

Packed Prime Butra from the 90+ icon pick.

Initially I was thinking it wasn't great, but after trying him the last couple of nights I'm very impressed.

He's that small, nippy and agile type of player I enjoy using.

5 star weak foot and if you have a shot inside the box it's going in. 3 star skills but I'm not a skiller at all so would hardly notice the difference between a 1 star and 5 star skiller if I'm honest.

16 goals and 12 assists in 17 games of D3 Rivals.

Only negative really is he's very weak so if a CB pushes up against him he nearly breaks in half! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I cant buy a win in Div 3 at the minute. Has something changed? Is there some OP tactics that everyone is using all of a sudden or something 🤔

• Advertisement

Ever wondered why one or more of your players just falls off a cliff for no apparent reason? Why does your Jairzinho (for example) feel like a different player than 1 week ago but your mate is using him and he's flying? I'm talking the top tier players, not just ones who naturally fall behind the power curve.

Apparently, it has been discovered by people online that if you go onto the Companion App and search through your players, go to Player Bio and then scroll down to the bottom, there's a Player Injury section where some players

These injuries don't appear on the console and thus you cannot apply an injury healing card to them, so they are essentially permanent.

Now there's nothing but speculation as to whether it actually has any impact and some will say it's a ridiculous conspiracy theory or a visual bug, maybe it is, but with EA's track record over the last few years it's hard to imagine that they wouldn't be nerfering the impact of players to encourage players to continually want to upgrade their squad.

Over the last few years off the top of my head we have had, and I'm sure I'm forgetting about some issues:

• EA admitting that chemistry wasn't working for almost the entirety of a game cycle
    • EA employees getting caught selling top tier icons for cash payments
    • Hero Gate
    • Mistake after mistake with SBC's and releases

I'm willing to accept that EA most likely are implementing some sort of manipulation like this, and something like the above would be a good way to do it.

Some further reading on threads below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/12qjxkw/fut_conspiracy_check_your_players_for_injuries/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://twitter.com/Quick_RageEAFC/status/1648051151034634241?s=20

https://twitter.com/Nick28T/status/1648353278391111680?s=20

What do you guys think?

To be honest I think most of it it due to sheer incompetence and the lack of proper QA. I work in development and the new agile methodology has a lot to blame for how games are released in the last 5 years. Its changed development from releasing a finished project which might need some updates to one that releases a v1 in a fast manner followed by weekly/monthly updates.

Great for software development cases in which customers get some of their required features faster but absolutely sucks for games. Any issues found during development are prioritized and EA wouldn't bother fixing any of them till after launch unless they are showstoppers. And its not just EA but all game companies now.

Just checked my squad there in the app and my FB Kante and FS Vitinha both have an injury status in their bio (Knee and Upper Body respectively).

Can’t say I’ve noticed much of a difference in either card but the gameplay is so utterly sh*te at the minute that I don’t think I’d ever notice it anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have felt my Eto way out preforms my Ronaldo.

guess which one has a knee injury listed 😂

FUT Birthday Vini Jr from that 87+ Mixed Campaign player pick.

He goes for almost 3m on the market, Jesus! 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Kalvin Phillips for me from the 87+ Campaign pick. Got 94 Lampard from an 80+ player pick too, would he be better than WW Kroos?

Anyone used Base Zidane and if so, what's the verdict?

I'm looking for a more attack minded B2B and he seems to tick a lot of boxes.

I know we are a long way into the game cycle now but he's held his price very steady and it's unusual to see a baby icon costing that much this late in the game, so there must be a reason.

maybe not helpful but i did the mid zidance sbc way back when and he has never left the team, can do it all really, decent defensively and 5/5 with good attacking capabilities.

• Advertisement

84x7 is right

Advertisement