Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - 3Arena 31 August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭fafy

Looking forward to Dublin #2 gig, its all curtained off up in upper balcony tier. Had a spare as friend had an accident yesterday and is immobile, asked a tout, was offered a tenner, couldn’t do it. A ticket gone to waste, but am near rail at b-stage. Looks like enough sales for gig #1 sellout, but not for two gigs, this can make sense when crew & equipment are all here, and next gig on the tour is 2 days away, which is the case here.

Am also here to see Feist, very impressive the last time i saw her.

Onto EP tomorrow, better pace myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conallll

I'll take them if you still have them??

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Feist, just, superb

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Never said boys will be boys those are YOUR words not mine.

Can you acknowledge like a adult now that the women were adults too right. They suspected Wins behaviour was odd yet rather than block him they went for meals and to concerts with him as per the article. Why does no one address this???? Why would a adult woman go out for meals and to concerts to see a man perform they suspect is a sexual predator??? Well??? Funnily enough on this very simple point I've had zero actual engagement and alot of nonsense and deflection. Like your words boys will be boys. Your words not mine pal!!

Please don't try put words in my mouth it's pathetic and desperately sly and immature.

• Advertisement

A middle aged man sexting women in their late teens early 20s. Surely a man with class and self respect wouldn’t engage in this kind of behaviour but at the very least would understand no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Jizique

Have you ever stayed up late to watch Conor McGregor entertain Ireland drug dealers when performing in Vegas?

That was huge circa 3 years ago, every fcuking gobshite looking for a coporate trip to Vegas.

A hero in Irish circles.

I have never come across a woman who has been beyond reproach, legends all

Cracking gig, relatively safe last album blended in well with the older stuff, floor packed before they came on, its well up there of the 5 times i’ve seen them since 1st one at Neon Bible tour in the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Still Ill

A lot of weird stuff going on here.. Paid close to €90 for tickets last night.. Amazing gig! Got a free ticket tonight thanks to the boardsie who posted it earlier (appreciate it so much!) Think they may have been even better tonight! The best part was that it was completely different each night.. With the logistics of them moving between stages, I would've thought it'd be the same thing both nights, but no.. Was a completely different show! Best live band in the world!

• Advertisement

If you were a successful musician in your late 30s would you be cracking on to young women and sending them dic pics etc?

I think he has handled the whole situation badly. He should have been honest that his approach was wrong and took advantage of women way younger than him. The women have been impacted by it severely.

Why wasn’t he more honest about his lack of maturity and responsibility in his engagements with fans? Perhaps postponing the tour was a bit late at that stage. He should have at least spoke on the issue last night.

Great to hear, hope all those who decided not to go to "make a statement" are content

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Are you suggesting he should have spoken about it on stage last night? I know he's on a mic, but I wouldn't think that would be a place for it at all, in front of an audience that have paid money to see Arcade Fire perform. An audience that either don't know about the allegations and are happy to blissfully enjoy the band, or an audience that are aware of the allegations and have decided to come anyway.

It may impact later stages of the tour, can't really say, but agree it was never a viable option to postpone so close a dated event. The logistic bird had already flown, and let's be honest, usually it's a combination of convenience and cash that drive these decisions. There's obviously online backlash to the news etc, but there's wasn't really enough weight to put off the Dublin dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

I thought the atmosphere was shocking tonight. They were like a support act . There was zero interaction with the crowd ( i do get this under the circumstances)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Not sure where you were sitting or standing, but it was completely different where I was. The only complaint I could possibly have tonight is the lack of No Cars Go. But they have such depth to their back catalog at this stage that they have to leave out a few hits. The new songs got an amazing reception both nights.

Editing to say that I was disappointed they didn't play Keep the Car Running and Power Out on Tuesday. Think they covered all the hits apart from Intervention over both nights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭dontmindme

They're receiving dick pics from a number and rather than block the number they keep up the communication and actually go on to meet the sender of the aforementioned dick pics?

And yes, believe it or believe it not, men value youth when it comes to sex. Would think it's pretty much hardwired into the male sex-drive tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

I was standing, sort of half way up in the middle, i still enjoyed it! I just thouht the atmosphere was really lacking , but maybe i was just in a bad pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Bit weird coming from the guy who dropped Morrissey like a hot potato because of nothing more than a difference of opinion.

The guy is getting a total free pass under that logic. “Ah sure it’s human nature”. Like I don’t get how that kind of behaviour can be brushed off by a guy who is supposedly so empathetic etc.

I think the bands days are numbered unless he takes a more honest approach to address it. Radio stations already dropping them etc

I doubt anyone who paid €90 for a ticket didn't go. That's guff spoken online to seem virtuous to extremely naive people. Doubt anyone wasted €90 tickets especially when it's one of the best live acts on the planet.

To those who were at both nights how did they differ??? I'm hearing very mixed reviews of the second night and who was the mystery special guest??

• Advertisement

Morrissey is an out and out legend who is one of the very very few musicians who never 'sold out' He does things his own way and doesn't bow down to big labels or media pressures. He's doing one gig this year in the INEC and it's €50 a ticket. Very reasonable. He could be like the rest of them and want €100 a pop tickets and he get it, he has a big following in Ireland.

People I will never get how immature and petty they are. Someone disagrees on something and they immediately go off them. Imagine living your whole entire live assuming everyone has to agree with you 24/7 on absolutely everything. There's narcissism and then there's that.

I like loads of musicians I don't agree with their views on so what? Doesn't take away from their amazing music!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I wasn’t at the first night but I thought last night was very good. It seemed until shortly before they came on that the place would be half empty but there was a decent enough crowd there, so the atmosphere was fine. As someone else said, they’ve got a great back catalogue by this stage so I didn’t think there were any weak songs in the set and the new ones went down very well; thank God they didn’t play End of the Empire…

They played it first night and it was a little lull before they did dreams by Cranberries.

One thing I don't get about Arcade Fire is they don't perform songs off Neon Bible, it's by far their strongest album in my opinion.

Don’t agree that it’s their best album (that would be The Suburbs IMO) but it was good to hear Keep the Car Running and My Body is a Cage last night, even if the ‘organ’ didn’t kick in when it was meant to during the climax of the latter.

Overall I thought they had a really good mix from all their albums, as I said it didn’t feel like there were any bits where the interest waned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

i was at both nights and thought tuesday was better overall as bigger crowd, but felt last nights closing songs wer a better choice. still thoroughly enjoyed last night, especially as they added power out, keep the car running and u2 cover to last nights but tues def swon it overall for me

Neon Bible is there only real 'dark'' album though really speaks to me and Intervention is a masterpiece of a song. Wonder why they don't do it live anymore?

He's a rock star behaving like a rock star. This is what rock stars do. What do they expect? Him to make an omelette? A Danish and a coffee was it? Rock stars will be rock stars. So very close to another phrase which minimises bad behaviour.

If a friend of mine was sending unsolicited naked pics to 18 year old's, I'd have a strong word with him. If he kept doing it when they asked him to stop, I'd cut him out of my life altogether and at the very least threaten to go public with it. How does anyone think this behaviour is acceptable. Regardless of the legal status of it, its not okay. Add in that he's twice their age. Add in the fact that he's abusing their fandom of him. They meet him for dinner etc for this exact reason. He's abusing his position of them being super fans.

Sure could you imagine I kept sending dick pics to all sorts of girls, even after they asked me to stop, and blaming them for not blocking me. How can anybody not see that as scummy behaviour.

Anyway hope the gig was good. They're a fantastic band regardless. I'm hoping to separate the art from artist moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Was it just me or was the sound terrible last night? Worst sound at a 3arena gig for me. I was standing near the B stage. Never seen the sound tech guys scramble onto the stage so much. Especially during my body is a cage the Piano didn't work for the bit the organ kicks into the song until someone ran on to fix.

Are you suggesting the bar for morality is Conor McGregor in response to "boys will be boys"

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought the mix was really bad, I could barely understand a word Win said when he spoke to the crowd - which was surprisingly often, given I had read that he had kept pretty quiet the night before

Advertisement