Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - 3Arena 31 August

Options
  • 27-08-2022 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I’ve seen Arcade Fire many times, never been to 3 Arena, but have heard good things.

Can anyone comment on bar? Do they sell Prosecco?

Trying to figure out what to drink beforehand (am too old to mix!) and pints not a great option at a gig.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Won’t be shocked if this show is cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Really? Care to elaborate?

Just googled. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Fanirish

“In his statement, Butler responds: “I googled her and knew that she was 18”

“Butler offered to put Pitchfork in contact with different women who had consensual sexual experiences with him in the past”

stand out in his PR crisis firm statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They are struggling to sell out both nights anyway.

Bad time of year, people have their summer gig or festival money spent, most have seen them plenty times before last album not capturing the imagination. Plus the fact that anyone who would normally have stayed the night in dublin are priced totally out of it and not bothering, wouldnt be the only gig suffering from that at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

The top tier will be curtailed off on the 31st and lots of good seats still on sale as well as standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I’m not sure what to make of those allegations. They make him sound like a dick, but he always seemed like a bit of a dick to be honest. However I don’t know if they warrant publication and the ton of **** that will presumably come down on him now.

Anyway I’m due to be going to the concert this week and I’m not really that excited to so I’d be kind of happy if it got cancelled, but I doubt it will. The promoter seems to have been over optimistic when booking two nights, they played one night in the 3Arena on their last tour and I don’t think they’re any more popular now, probably less so.

I’m hoping they cancel too. Been a huge fan for years, no interest in seeing them now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I héard a snippet of win chatting with Brendan from radio 1 and they said they'll have at least one special guest on the 2nd day, could be just a pr stunt to push tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ah sure their special guest probably be Damien Dempsey or Glen Hansard/Damien Rice or something

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shank Williams

Thought this stuff had been out about him for years? Always came across as a bit of a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shank Williams

At least 1 of those guys has his own win style skeletons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Skeletons implys that we don't know Hansard and Rice are massive f*cking creeps.

God, that’s so depressing.

Anybody want 2 tickets for Wed night?!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

I'll take 1 if it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Somewhat looking forward to Tuesday's gig, but really it's at a pretty busy time for me...the latest album and the Win stuff is not exactly encouraging stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

Anybody know if Feist is doing her full Multitudes set for the support or just a mix of old and new stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grey99

Where can I find the stage times?? No interest in seeing the support act

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

They'll most likely be released on the promoters social media channels a few hours before.

I considered going to this until I seen the prices... Nearly 90e a pop!... Ridiculous!

Post edited by RolandGoose on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭flasher0030

you'll get a ticket for 30 or 40 euro tomorrow on adverts or toutless if still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭boccy23

Not sure how I feel about going now. I know it could be deemed as not being illegal, but it feels cringy as hell to utilise the power and position over much younger people in that way. I always thought he was an eccentric genius but now it throws a different light on it. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm going to see them in Manchester this weekend (didn't want to have to take 2 days off work for midweek gig, plus flights + hotel in Manchester still less than a hotel in Dublin) and I'm a bit conflicted yet will still go see them - probably due to cost incurred really more than anything - might be selfish but there you go!

I also think it's the last time we will see them on stage together.

Will be interesting to hear how they are tonight.. to be honest, the quotes from Win and Regine in Pitchfork practically read like "ah shur, we all have bad times, and make mistakes" and it's all a bit grim - the money-making machine in full effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You been to an arena gig lately? That's standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Phishwax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭boccy23

The other thing about tonight is that I cannot but think that the atmosphere will be at best "weird". The new Album sounds different now with this backstory and also the relationship with Regine on stage will be strange. Would love to be able to sell them on, but no chance at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It is for any of the well established acts. I can only speak for the ones I was at or know off. Eddie Vedders has been €100 a pop - that's going back a number of years. Radioheads was €90 (I think), or very close to it anyway. Justin Bieber is €125 standing (when you throw in the fees). Crazy stuff. David Chapelle is €100 a ticket. James Taylor - €120. Kendrick Lemar - €130. I'm sure Bob Dylan and Robbie Williams are around the tonne mark as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Was at the last gig in the 3 and it was absolutely unbelievable. Linger into Wake up was epic as was the exit with the brass band through the crowd but the new album made my mind up. Found it dreadful so didn't bother getting tickets for this one. Found it very poor tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

I think you're dead on about tonight's gig. If it wasn't someone so central to the band, perhaps I could look forward to tonight's gig more. Coupled with that a lot of their music is so earnest, and hand on heart, that all feels a little flat now.

It has sort of meant I'm going to the gig with a 'let's just get this over with' attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I'm still really looking forward to it.. Was at their last two gigs in The Point and thought they were amazing. Think the new album is their best since The Suburbs.

Advertisement