Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - 3Arena 31 August

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yeah, the price of tickets is crazy these days, but Arcade Fire are definitely worth it. Do yourselves a favour and go see Confidence Man in November for €27. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. Ultimate feel good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly give them a listen.

I think the Arcade Fire are worth it attitude is part the problem. I agree they are phenomenal live but attempting to charge nearly 100e x 26,000 people is crazy. That is 2.6 million in ticket sales alone, I know there are plenty of expenses, but they are nowhere near that number. This is 2 gigs alone, on a European tour. A great band, who deliver a great concert, it should be a decent price though. Liam Gallagher delivered a dud of a performance in Kilmainham only a week or so ago, still 86e per punter shafted. Bruce Springsteen seats are face of 156e is that justifiable as he is one of the best live performers of all time?... Not for me! The greed of the industry will swallow itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think a lot of the obscene prices are due to the record sales falling off completely in the advent of streaming. Bands used to tour to sell the record, now the tour is the main product.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

No doubt, the industry has taken a hit on physical music sales. Gone be the days when cds and dvds were 25 to 40e a pop. At the end of the day, the prices are just to keep greedy promoters and bands eating caviar and sleeping in silk sheets!

I believe Dave Chappelle is looking for 100e plus per ticket. A flippin stand up gig with little or no production. A mic, house PA and a screen if your lucky. Absolute horse sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Exactly. I can understand the attempt in the hike of prices for musicians. I'd imagine they have significant costs - e.g. transport, salaries for all the crew, setting up stages, paying for accommodation for all the crew etc. But a one man stand-up show - over €100 a ticket. I haven't to many stand-up shows but I would think that even €50 per ticket would be at the high end. How are people shelling out over €100 for a one-hour standup gig. I never even heard of him until a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I’m going to see them in Bordeaux. Standing is €58, seats go from €42 to €80. Ticketmaster fees were less too!

No doubt it’s more expensive here but the promoters & band do this for a living & if we’re willing to pay it, they’ll keep charging it. Personally I paid €100 per ticket (incl fees) for the first night for good seats. Pay for an expensive ticket or don’t go are the choices. I’d prefer to go than miss out. 1000s of others obviously feel the same & that’s the problem.

Maybe if what happened on the second night in Dublin happened more often, they would rethink. But even if tickets were cheaper, two nights was ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The first night in Dublin they opened with Wake Up, which was great. I seen a few people at the time saying it was a PR move, get the crowd on side straight away.

Interestingly, that is the only night they’ve done that. Every night since, they’ve finished with it.

Advertisement