Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭crl84

Can't remember if I mentioned this in here, but the latest Infotainment update for Excite/SE models (R33) has added an icon to turn off the Lane Keep Assist on the homescreen pull-down menu.

They've got it in Aus/NZ now too on the latest version there for the higher trim (Essence) model (R13).

I'd imagine the next version of the Exclusive/Trophy in Ireland/UK will have it too.

UK:

Aus/NZ:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

hold on hold on....wtf is a pull down menu

asking for a friend who spent 20 min looking for the rear fog light button last week

On the homescreen, swipe down on the bar across the top. Depending on if you swipe down on the left, or on the middle, you get different menus I think.

There's an icon for the rear fog light on the top left of the homescreen on the Exclusive.

Post edited by crl84 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Patser

Booked car on with FK for service Wednesday week - €169.

I've asked for all updates, so I'll give feedback then

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Got Excited with the 0% PCP offer, then seen it doesn't apply to Long range MG4, pity would have pulled the trigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Looking at this simply because of the current off in place, review all seem good. Just going with base model.

Any bad things to not go with them? getting an excellent offer to trade up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Have a look through this thread and it will answer any questions you may have about the car. Software updates seem to be quite the bugbear and then LKA is considered to be pretty harsh by some. Check out the UK MG4 owner's forum as well for more information.

If you are buying from an MG dealer check software version - there are new updates out (see top of this page) that improve on some of the issues, also check if roadsign recognition is set to KM - you'll only know this is you drive it and the little speed sign never reads abave 70 and just blinks instead.

Look underneath to see if there's any bulge hanging down - a lot have had this, and really it's no issue is only small but some UK owners reported large bulges that 'whistle'

Other than that it's a great car to drive, and the base model's battery and software actually seem more robust than LR battery (that's recommended to only charge to 80% unless you need to extra range)

Also on Ali express you can but an interior LED light that sticks to roof for abour €2 - back of car can be dark for passengers, especially when putting on seatbelts

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Eleusis

Mg4 dropped their prices another 3k.

Thats €26950 for brand new Base MG4 fter grants. Got a call from MG today with the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Woodie40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

OOoh the wife will be upset if she hears that as she is trying to sell here 2023 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Is that not the offer for the 4k off for 100 cars?

Limited Time Deal

From €39 per week with 0% Finance OR

From €25,995 with our EcoBoost Bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

New model of MG 4 coming out... not sure when arriving in Ireland.... maybe a reason why dealers are dropping prices... there will be 2 display screens https://www.holdcroft.com/blog/coming-soon-mg-releases-full-specification-for-the-new-mg4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Don't see that from your linked article. That reads like PR puff piece for launch of MG4 in UK markets last year. Website hasn't been updated since 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

Ordered mine last week,Excite SR model.Just went with white and no SupaGard protection.€26845 OTR.Great timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

That is from the car launch in UK and not a new model coming out. There is no date on the article but definitely does not describe anything different to the current model.

MG Ireland is dropping prices due to competition in the market and trying to offload the standard range models. Most buyers have been going for the extended range so dealers have been left with the standard range ones.

Yeah, that article is just the launch of the current model, although there's a facelift for the interior being announced later this year, but probably 2025 before it reaches Ireland. Current price drops will have nothing to do with it though.

[QUOTE]MG is also readying a “big upgrade” to the interior of the 4, according to Lu. It's planned to be launched during the second half of 2024, only around two years after it arrived in Europe.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

Not too sure,we were not pushed into any range.Delivery time was within 3 weeks on both ranges(we'll see).Long range was €3500 more than what i paid.

Just out - as said €169

Got R46 update, so ac now looks like child designed it, but border information and drag downs stay visible with android auto on, and also little screen behind wheel now also shows album art - haven't had time to notice much more.

Speed sign recognition now Irish

2 other small safety updates done, and 1 year AA prominently highlighted by staff.

Car wasn't valeted or cleaned but maybe that's because I needed it back early. Lovely, knowledgeable Indian lad in charge of service, knew his stuff and was very professional

Don't suppose it was anyone here playing leapfrog on the M4 with a Grey Exclusive?

• Advertisement

This morning around 08:20 it could have been me, on the way to the airport. Went past a white Exclusive around Lucan I think.

Lots of MG4s around here though, there's three within 50m of my house 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Lucky you, they didn't reply to my email requests or my voice messages in December to book a service. They also didn't follow up with Autoglass to arrange a day/time to replace my windscreen. Edited to say this is FK Ballymount. Autoglass gave up after 6 weeks and went to Linders in Finglas. Linders didn't update the speed recognition and its not working at all now. The auto main beam is also not working since the service. Main menu display has not changed.

Nah, it was yesterday evening.

And as for loads of them about- there's a driving instructor near me has a blue Exclusive all done up in L plates

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭derekreilly

Driving the XPower this week if anyone has any questions? Shoot them over. Filming the video tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Anyone know how much a 232 MG4 is worth now, it's the top spec one, I forget what it's called.

Exclusive.

Not sure, there's a thread on here of a guy struggling to sell his. MG currently have a €4k discount in play, so new they are available from €35k, but that deal might have ended in January.

Add in the EV price war that's happening with Tesla, VW, Stellantis all cutting prices new and those prices still filtering down to 2nd hand.

I'd guess you could get about €28 - 29k but cannot be sure at all, and depends how quick you want to sell. MG4 is still a big seller , so demand is there but a lot of dealers still wary of taking EVs as trade ins, so smaller offers there

Very much appreciate the reply, not sure what to do.

I know you're either lucky or not with these things but we haven't had the car for about six weeks, still no sign of them returning it.

Just ask them for an X power as a replacement and compensation

Post edited by Patser on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

What's wrong with the car? Long range exclusive is the best you can buy.

• Advertisement

It started out as a low voltage battery issue.

They said they couldn't login and then said they were waiting for a part.

Advertisement