Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MG 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm the same, it does look very tempting indeed. I was considering upgrading my slightly less than 3 yr old Niro PHEV to a new e-Niro, but the difference in price is just too much for me right now. I just want to see how it feels, quality wise before making a decision.

Post edited by Alun on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭Patser

It is tempting.... proper rear wheel drive EV (unlike Peugeot/Opel offerings) but 10k less than a Born.... and getting great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 44 theinferior

I put a deposit down for one of these. Dealer told me "July". Also, the price might change in that time. Neither of these facts fill me with a lot of confidence, to be honest. Currently, it's a great value car, but how true will that be if the price rises?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The Cupra Born has recently gone up 6% as an example. If I was getting a car next year I'd brace myself for a 5% increase or so and a reduction in VRT relief if applicable. I don't expect prices of anything to settle down in the next year.

• Advertisement

But did it go up 6% for people who had already put down a deposit? That's the bit that worries me. I would have thought that when you pay a deposit, the price gets locked in, but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Got a deposit in on Thursday. November/December for me they said. Allocation of around 28 cars for this year they mentioned. Will see. Have a Peugeot E-208 on order as well for December. It will be our second EV. Fiat 500E Icons are available as well. Just looking for something small around that price bracket even tho Opel and Peugeot price increased as well. On the road price for the MG4 is 29.450 they told me so not too far off from the others.

Wow! I put my order in one day later and it's going to be another six or seven months 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

2 different dealers picking dates out of their holes I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'd say one is going on what he hopes, the other on what he expects..which is based on the ZS timeline. ZS Orders around this time last year were only filled in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I currently have a Peugeot e208 and it is a great little car but I would prefer something slightly bigger and more importantly a bigger battery (it is our only car, not a second car)

Price wise this looks like it will do the trick and the reviews have been very positive, looking forward to a test drive

Does anyone know what MG dealers are like to deal with for Trade ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

Glowing review from the Irish Times on Friday.

They claim starting prices at €27,495 for the 51Kwh. Gotta say it's better looking than anything else on the market at that price range. As long as that god awful orange isn't the base colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The orange is used a lot in Press cars and PR photos etc.

So id say its unlikely to be base colour...

Was thinking of the dark red myself but think it looks too dark at the back in photos and videos.

So I'm thinking white is where I would go.

Hate the blue and the orange options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Will it get a heat pump does anyone know? I can't figure it out at all. Apparently the UK market models don't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I'd say at the price they are selling, then it will not be a heat pump. A PTC heater, most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

This is from the "MG4 or Kona" discussion. I think we should just keep everything MG4 related in this thread.

Credit to @usual_suspect for providing these Irish spec sheets.🙂

mg4-spec-sheet-1.jpg (731×505) (v-cdn.net)

mg4-spec-sheet-2.jpg (535×1024) (v-cdn.net)

Made a call to Linders earlier;

Expecting demo car in next 2 to 3 weeks, to generate orders for delivery arounnd July.

Long auld wait time for a car, but seems to be industry wide

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭usual_suspect

thanks - didn't spot there was a dedicated MG4 thread....

the first batch of cars is due for delivery in January (i.e. arriving in Nov/Dec but to receive a 231 reg plate) but all sold as far as I'm aware. There's a cluster of us who have deposits down (I put mine down in mid August! sight and spec unseen but I had read enough info at the time to think a refundable deposit was worth sticking in) and received sales contracts this week. Of course, whether we trust the actual salesperson with those actual dates is another story....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

MG Motor Ireland announces pricing and specifications of much-anticipated MG4 EV | MG Motor Ireland

The Excite Standard Range price is €27,495; the Excite Long Range price is €30,995 and the Exclusive Long Range price is €34,495.

To me, the SR is the best, and you know why? Because it's LFP battery, that is virtually indestructible and doesn't degrade compared to MNC. For some reason, the LR versions are NMC, it makes no sense, especially given that most Chinese automakers as well as Tesla use LFP.

A big USP of this car is V2L, which so far only Hyundai Ioniq 5 had.

Overall, this is the car I've been waiting for:

• LFP battery
    • Hatchback
    • Rear-wheel Drive
    • V2L
    • 100+ kW DC
    • Price

How can I book the pre-order @usual_suspect? The website doesn't have any link to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would say you need to go to an MG dealership to do it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yeah, that's how I did mine. The website had almost nothing on it, other than the announcement that pre-orders were now possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes the website is very bad. It does not even have the MG4 listed as a model to but on it yet. Very bad.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭elgicko

HI all,

Thanks for all the comments.

Couple of questions,

Does anybody know what the on-road price will be for standard model?

What deposit is required? (1k?)

Heat pump on standard? Think I saw a video, where it is not standard!

Anybody had experience with Linders or Frank Keane in Dublin?

@McGiver - good point on the LFP 🔋 and thanks for pointing out.

July is a wait, but worth it I think. Wonder what the other manufacturer's will do, definitely a disruptor, will they be able to keep up with demand!!

I think red is the best colour

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Wonder what will happen regarding the grant if delivery is pushed past July. July is when the tapering is to start.

Hopefully we will get news soon regarding what the planned tapering entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

James really likes it and he has ordered one

He even calls it a game changer. Now that term is used far too often, but I feel he is not wrong. Great to see a budget EV that's well specced, good to drive and not just great value for money, but actually on a par in price with an equivalent petrol / diesel car. The last time we had one of those was 6 years ago, the Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Mad to think they are all booked out, even though there's nothing on any dealers website, or even MG Ireland's; and there's none physically in Ireland to sit in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭zg3409

There should be some demos in Dublin now or very soon. Ring north Dublin dealers to confirm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

People who wanted a well priced and specced EV have been keeping an eye on this since it was announced. I'm not surprised they're gone already.

I'm looking for something Polo sized at most so very interested to see what MG do in that size.

Advertisement