Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MG 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I don't know who takes MGs photos but all their cars look way better in the flesh. I guess it's the old estate agent trick of taking an okay photo then you are happier when you see the real thing, which is better than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 theinferior

Derek's preview is up:

https://youtu.be/WCfYr2swTR0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Surprised to see so many MGs on the road, I barely even knew they were back when I started seeing them everywhere. Nice looking car with a bold colour. It will probably take some of the attention away from my Cupra Born when it eventually arrives :(

Wonder what price the bigger battery top trim will be priced at to compare to the Born. I don't believe there's many 45kWh ID.3s out there, I don't know when they started selling them as it was only available as 58kWh for a long time and the Born isn't available as 45kWh at all. I'd say the MG will sell well as a smaller battery model. Not everyone needs 400km in a hatchback.

Nice to see something that isn't a poxy crossover!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

45 kwh ID3 was never sold here as far as I am aware. They intended to sell it but supply issues must have stopped it.

The Cupra Born was intended to have a 45 kwh version at 31 k pre Ukraine war but never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Few reviews coming 9ut now and all seem positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

sure ye cant beat it with a stick - £11k cheaper than an ID 3 and is probably a better car. Certainly tech wise - like it even has V2L which most reviews seem to have missed.

Snap one up while ye can.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Now all MG need is more dealers in the country.

Maybe Some of the Ssangyong Dealers should change to MG seen as it looks like poor Ssangyong are dead.

What Subura dealers are left should too because that is another make in this Country that is simply not selling any cars here anymore.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I see that for some bizarre reason they're not keeping the same model names here as the UK (SE and Trophy), but Excite and Exclusive respectively just to confuse matters. Looks like the specs will be the same though, but why bother? Still no prices.

Funny how the ID.3 touch heating/volume controls were absolutely crucified by every single reviewer yet having to go into menus to change temperatures in the MG4 is acceptable. People do nothing but complain about having to go into menus to change anything in new cars, this car doesn't get a pass because it's cheaper!

Also no lumbar support yet you get an electric driver seat in the top trim? I understand there's cost cutting like no rear arm rest or no passenger electric seat but how do you not put in lumbar in favour of an electric seat that has the same basic adjustment as a manual seat? If it doesn't have tilt, adjustable thigh support or lumbar they should have stuck with a manual seat, it would be lighter and also one less thing to potentially fail long term.

There's obviously a lot to like about the car but there's definitely some fairly odd choices on the inside.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

I'm gonna throw a deposit down on one of these as soon as I can, to use as the 2nd car in the family. Great value.

• Advertisement

i'm fascinated to see what price this is going to be in ireland - will we get rid or not? considering it will qualify for full vrt relief and seai grant it really should be considerably cheaper than in the uk - let's see how much they gouge us for in the irish market. It should be easily sub 30k but i have a feeling it won't be...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I won't be holding my breath with the way things are going in this country, but I could be pleasantly surprised if it is below the €30k mark. Still represents great value anyway when you compare it to the competition's offerings.

Om a slightly side note..... I think that red is the colour to go for 😁

Post edited by Miscreant on

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Isn't it Zoe priced in UK, should be the same here?

Should be, indeed. That is why I will be pleasantly surprised if it is, once it gets here. 🙂

Something like a high spec Ibiza is over €30k these days, an EV that isn't the size of a shoe for €30k is probably big ask! But as I said, there's definitely space for a sub-€40k 300km hatchback until VW start offering their 45kWh models. People aren't doing 300-400km every day so don't need big batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Prices are in

(Via Derek Reilly on Facebook)

Standard range excite €27,495

Long range excite €30,995

Long range exclusive €34,495.

Pretty good tbh.

Cheaper then a new Golf at entry level.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Long range exclusive could well be the next Car for my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Markbro1

On the road prices are a bit more.

Approx. €29,500 on the road including metallic for the standard range....

€3.5k increments for next 2 models

Yeah but when is the estimated delivery thats the big question.

But prices not too bad albeit it more expensive than the UK. And considering we have grant and vrt allowance that really shouldn't be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Obviously that's the post grant price?

I think I'll stick a deposit on the entry level model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Markbro1

Cars expected in showrooms Oct/Nov and hopefully OTR in New Year

What's in the delivery fees as they seem steep? Nevertheless a very good price for an EV. €29,500 for any hatchback that isn't a Polo/Ibiza/Zoe size is good these days nevermind an EV.

think ill pop down a deposit on the entry range as the 2nd car

Those are fantastic value prices. They won't be able to keep them in stock as they will sell every unit they get. Here is the official announcement: MG Motor Ireland announces pricing and specifications of much-anticipated MG4 EV | MG Motor Ireland

Shame that the Excite long range does not come with heated seats though and you have to pay the extra €3.5k to get them (along with other stuff too, of course). Heated seats are a must for my needs 🙂

Maybe a silly question but the mg4 will be eligible for 5k grant

And full vrt rebate, correct?

If so how are the prices still above that of the UK where there are currently no grants, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's crazy car companies give prices that don't include delivery, it's not like we don't need it delivered.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Probably because our government impose big taxes on the sale of cars.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

Has anyone calculated if it would be cost effective to purchase new in the North less UK VAT and import, paying VAT, Import Duty etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You'd be adding foregoing the 5k new EV grant so not really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭zg3409

I see first owners have got them in NI.

Deposit is 500 euro in ROI.

Test drives available in Finglas in 2 weeks.

In terms of delivery pricing some brands attempted to include them in advertised pricing them after a while reverted to separate delivery cost. It's something the EU could solve making sure to include unavoidable costs. The "delivery" price varies by car too not even brand.

I would like to sit in and drive before I make a decision. Also certain features for must are a must like adaptive cruise control.

Advertisement