Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men No Longer Want to Date, Why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

There is still no stigma for a woman in relying on her husband or partner to carry things, very different story for men ,no matter what the feminist narrative says , men are absolutely expected to backstop things

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Were you there to witness it?

This is Ireland, and having heard these types of stories before from parties (that they descended into orgies, gangbangs), most turn out to be pure horseshit. Either started by a jealous guy who she turned down, a jealous girl that does not like her or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 OptiPlus

Most lads in their 20s won't fully understand what you said in your post nevermind it actually being the reason:)

Of course you disagree. I wouldn't expect you to agree.

But, it's funny how on these threads, it's always tales of women being "spit-roasted" or referred to as "the town bike" being thrown about isn't it?

Definitely a different attitude and no such moral judgement applied to the "male slut" who'll line up to "take her for a spin if the opportunity presents itself".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Juice isn't worth the squeeze.

What can a woman give me I can't give myself? Apart from getting the leg over, which can be got easily on the apps, all there is left is kids. And maybe I'll want them in future.

Too many women looking to waste your time. Last summer was texting this one from online. Arranged a meetup. She cancelled on that day saying she only liked very skinny guys. Grand. Few months later she texts out of the blue wanting to meet. We meet and it goes well. Next day she says she's not interested, just wants friends. Grand. We keep in contact intermittently and I know she has a fella on the go from her facebook. Next thing she's texting me again saying she's single again and if I want to meet. I say yeah but just as friends and she was like blah you were the only honest one blah blah.

A lot of gold diggers out there too. Would be texting women and meet them and they might not be that interested you could tell but then they ask what I do and I'd tell them and they'd suddenly get far more interested as they think there's money there. Similar thing on dates where I could tell it wasn't going to lead anywhere and you offer to drive them home and they see the nice car and suddenly they're all over you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

The relationship buzz only really kicks in as you escalate into your 30s IMO. People are a bit more sure of themselves and what they want / don't want in a partner. You make (and date) all of your mistakes in your 20s because there's a lot less to lose. You date, break up, move onto the next, round and round we go. The musical chairs stops in your 30s and people get a bit more focused about what it is they're looking for. IMO anyway.

Also heard a theory a few years ago that most people you meet on the apps will have "avoidant attachment styles", as the securely attached tend to have no problem getting into and staying in relationships. The commodification of dating appeals a lot more to people who like to feel like they have options and never really have to commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

What part of the country is this happening I am coming down with weddings at the moment.

I will take a wild guess and say the grooms were not forced into the marriage with a shotgun they actually seem to want to marry the woman/ be in a relationship.

Post edited by mariaalice on

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I'm talking from my own point of view as a male, why would I give any other perspective, I'm sure the ladies of boards are capable of voicing their opinions if they wish and give an opposite take on how they see men who like to have multiple sexual partners, maybe these tales are because boards seems to be mostly male participants, if a lady is known to have a certain reputation about the place then I wouldn’t be looking for a long term relationship with her, but I wouldn't judge her either, it's all the one to me how she spends her time but there's plenty men that would rule her out because of her reputation and I'm one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Horn_of_Africa

Some of the comments are certainly disrespectful and out of line, but saying that, attraction isn't a choice, and to many men it's a turn off when a women is promiscuous. That's not to say there is anything wrong with it, people are simply attracted to what they're attracted to, or not as it may be.

Lol, you "wouldn't judge her" but use terms like "the town bike" and dismiss her for reputation. (Noted how you switched to "lady" for this post)

But okay then. You're not judging her.

👨‍⚖️⚖️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

If a lady says that you seem to “tick all the boxes” you’ve probably just been outed as as an overly promiscuous crab merchant, or something too so that’s got to be a non starter ..

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

You have a very simplistic view of mens rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Too much choice across the apps for some men and women - or at least the IDEA that there is choice. If people don’t want kids, or don’t want them until late - maybe there’s little motivation for some to couple up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Again very simplistic and blinkered. It's a betterment for society that most woman don't have your draconian viewpoints.

1) Men not being allowed to go into the maternity wards to see the birth of their child and be there with their partner.

2) Extension of parental leave for men.

Just two off the top of my head. Are those rights misogynistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

So genuine men who campaign to have slightly better rights to their children in a system that favors women, not out of an abiding respect for women but rather due to an ingrained societal misogyny (that women are always better care givers), should have their views ridiculed because somewhere some men's rights activitists have been associated with far right groups?

I tend to agree with the assertion that your view on this topic is rather simplistic.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

The most egregious in my opinion would be the treatment of men by the courts compared to women. All things equal, men are much more likely to serve time in prison for the same crime, and get much longer prison sentences on average than women.

Yet the bastions of equality are silent on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s just so hard being a man these days. The whole system is “stacked” against us and women suppress us at every turn.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭buried

In fairness, I suppose ordinary decent men couldn't be arsed going through a real life cosplay rendition of "reality" televised propagandized muck like 'Love Island'. Vapid hyped up muck that the majority of women are basically told/ordered to watch by the same media propagandists who actually do not give two single f**ks about ordinary decent women, let alone ordinary decent men.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Ekerot

I think more and more men are aware that marriage is not a good option if sex is important to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭pgj2015

It would end at 1 date of I copped she was tight and expected me to pay for everything, its 2022 and you shouldn't expect someone else to pay for everything.

1) Was due to Covid.

2) Men have the same parental leave rights as women, currently 26 weeks, unpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And that's why women's rights is bollox. It's got f*ck all to do with helping women and everything to do with misandry.

Am I doing it right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

In years gone by men had to "put a ring on it" to get what they wanted. Not any more. Women have become more sexually liberated.

Advertisement