Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DoctorRV

You should certainly consider it as I am practically expecting the same commute for hybrid working in future. I have tried train commute to and from and seems pretty convenient to me. More so because of hybrid arrangement 2 days/three days as well but prob 5 days would be a bit too much after a point. At the moment I am completely wfh but expect that to change and I think it should be manageable.

As for the availability of any units, I am doubtful if there would be any but most likely if someone cancels you may have one but the biggest dilemma with this development is the uncertainity around when the development gets completed. The EA keep on giving vague timelines all the time as you can gather from the historical posts in this thread above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 najra

That's replay I've received today about Park Lane:

"Please see a reply from Joe as follows:

Interior plaster work almost complete 

Next up fitting heat pump"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maisamladha

…..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KJ2023

Hi!

does any one have any more updates on park lane? I was there a few days ago it’s starting to slowly come together!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Spoke with the estate agent on Monday about Park Lane and as somebody else has already said in this thread, they are looking to complete in the second half of the year. I pushed for a month work would be completed and she couldn't tell me.

• Advertisement

Went around to take a look yesterday but since it is blocked off you can’t see much except for the roads coming together. Pretty sure there are works getting completed inside too. Also saw 2/3 houses in Castle Garden appeared to be handed over. Was susprised to see the proposed Baronscourt Medical centre being erected pretty quick near the Creche since there was nothing there when I last visited ! Its always good to see progress. Hopefully we will be in come summer 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 27 helper1989

Hello Everyone. At the time of contract signing, did anyone else also go through a situation where certain clauses were amended which were against the standard terms? I.e. clause related to completion period.

looking forward to getting a response

Folks, any one here moving into Park Lane and if they have any recent updates?

last I heard, they were saying early Q2 but not sure.

Hi I’m moving into park lane and honestly I have no idea when we’ll be moving in! last I heard from Hume was second quarter of this year so I presume between April- June , I emailed Hume last week looking for a update and they said the houses were just being plumbed , Hume are very difficult to communicate with (super rude in my opinion) last time I visited was 2-3 weeks ago and It looks like it’s starting to come together a bit so fingers crossed for April 🤞🏼

I'm buying in Park Lane and was recently told by Humes that it would be the second half of the year with nothing more concrete than that. I asked could they give me a month and all they said was second half of this year before Christmas they were telling me the end of Q2, so I don't know what to believe at this stage.

• Advertisement

I visited pre Christmas and the area outside the houses was all dug up. The inside of the houses had been plastered and painted though

Post edited by helper1989 on

Hello Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. If anyone has been on the construction site recently, would be great if you could share photos if you have any.

thank you and all the best for the week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yan2

Hello,

Got a few pics for you guys waiting for park lane. Hope it helps. I know the feeling of waiting for a long time and just unsure of when it will end...

Yesterday there was a big pile of soil in the middle. And today as you can see they are just removing it to flatten the area. I guess they will start with making the road.

Thanks @Yan2 appreciate you sharing these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lch2023

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your updates, they have been very helpful. I am also purchasing in Park Lane.

My question is for anyone who moved into a previous phase if you wouldn’t mind sharing. How much notice did they give you when the house was finally ready? I.e. did they contact you a few weeks in advance and give you the date? In my experience the developer will not provide updates unless I reach out to them, which is getting tedious, and we only ever seem to receive vague answers like “Spring” or “Q2”. I have even been in situations where the timeframe they had last given me had passed and they still don’t reach out!

I have been reluctant to order large items for the house, book holidays etc since I really have no idea when it could be ready, now I am wondering if they will even give much notice when it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yan2

Based from our experience they will really not reach out unless you do. Also they will not really give much notice. When our house was ready for snag they sent an email saying we need to book for snagging anytime after a specific date with specific time frames as well. EA said it doesn't mean we needed to have snagging done immediately after said date. however, i do remember a clause in contract saying that if we don't submit snag report within a week we forfeit rights to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lch2023

Good to know, thank you!

I think a lot was dependent on getting the pile of soil removed. If that has been cleared, we should hope that things will progress now

Good morning everyone,

hope everyone had a restful weekend.

appreciate if anyone can share any further updates that you may have regarding park lane.

Thank you

I went up to have a look yesterday to see what was happening. They have a large amount of the soil gone, which is a good thing. The pics below are the back of the houses that can be seen on the left of Yan2's pics, still a bit of work to be done there, but I can't imagine that would take long to do.

• Advertisement

Thank you for sharing these and good to see that there is progress.

if I may check, are these houses from 28 to 34?

The houses on the left are 35 to 42, I think the ones to the right are 13 to 21. I'm basing that off a site plan on the builder's website https://grahamdevelopments.ie/site_plan.html

Understood. Thank you for the update. Really appreciate it

Regarding snagging, since we have a 7 day window to submit the snagging report, how difficult is it to get a professional snagger on an urgent basis? Would be good to know names of any reliable companies that people may have used.

thank you

I have the same question. Any previous phase home owners input may be very valuable. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 newtoportlaoise

This guy done a good few of the last phase , very quick, through and fast turnaround

Thank you for sharing

Got in touch with the estate agent this morning to see where things are with the houses and Park lane itself, this was the reply.

"Kerbing well advanced, top soiling open spaces, painting done, currently doing our snags, should have electricity next week."

This is brilliant, thank you for sharing

• Advertisement

Has anyone got any up to date pictures of park lane ?

thanks

Advertisement