Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 artinaas

Only 1 last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KJ2023

taken Today

• Registered Users Posts: 27 helper1989

Happy Saint Patrick’s day to everyone! Based on progress and update from the ES, could we say that it’s probable that they might call for snagging by end of this month or early next month?

Hello. If anyone was able to visit the site over the weekend and could share an update, that would be great! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DoctorRV

I have been given this update today "End of Summer" & "Snagging hopefully in August according to joe"

Also they mentioned our Kitchen was now installed and they are doing doors and skirting next.

• Advertisement

Thanks. It’s strange how they are giving a different update.

appreciate that you wouldn’t want to disclose your unit but if comfortable, could you advise in which section are you buying as they have different completion times for different sections.

28 to 34

35 to 42a

43a to 48?

Sorry, I missed your purchase 😃Couldn’t figure out the map. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 najra

Hi just quick question as I can see we are in the same section of houses. Did EA/developer let you to choose colour of kitchen furniture?

I have asked today EA for update and if we can choose colour but they did not replay yet. I have requested to organise site visit too as at the time when we signed contract showhouse was already sold.

Any updates from buyers from any of the other sections would be beneficial for others in this group.

13 to 27

28 to 34

35 to 42a

43a to 48

if I may start, I am in the last section (43a to 48). The last update I got was about two weeks ago and that they were thinking of reaching out early next month to buyers for snagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Yeah I got to pick the colour of the cabinets, and that was early last year when I got to do that. There was only a selection of three colours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭divide_by_zero

So I'm buying in 35 to 42 and I was up there on Sunday afternoon. Had a look in the house I'm buying (through a very dirty window) and from what I could see the skirting was only thing left to do (apart from a tidy up). No unit attached to the house for the air to water system. Fencing for the hosues not done either.

Thank you!

Yes they actually did back in October. They should ideally give you the option of the three as posted above.

If you do get a visit and are by any chance in 22-27 or even if not, it would be great if you could take some photos if possible please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lch2023

Some photos from this week.

I am in row 35-42. The house is painted, bathrooms done, kitchen just about done, painting and skirting boards done, electricity going in this week. Otherwise it looks like only a few finishing touches and a clean up needed inside. Had a glance into others in my row and they looked similar.

It seems majority of work left is external. My garden is not levelled or fenced and the road/pavements are not done.

We didn’t get any new dates but they said that snagging will be done in stages starting with row 43-48, so that is probably why we are all getting different timelines. If anyone in that row could let us know when you are called that would be really helpful!

This is great. Thanks for the update. I will surely share as soon as I hear back

Sounds like you may really be up next month for snagging. Happy days 👍

Yeah, let’s hope! All the best to you as well.

We are in row 22-27 and we have visited site today.

Joe advised that all houses will be definitely completed this year and they are working in to out on the site due to the way how media are connected in this part of estate. And in the same way they will be completing customer snagging, starting from row 43A-48. He advised that for our row snagging should be around summer time.

They are doing their snagging in previous rows now and currently plumber is doing bathrooms in 27, kitchen are installed and tops will be done soon as yesterday they were taking measurements for them. There is one coat of paint in our house and from a quick sneak peek I think it is same for other houses in this row. There was heating pump and water softener installed in our house. Next will be electrician works I believe.

Below are some photos I took (inside photos are from our house). That big pile of soil is beside house 43. 

@najra - thank you for sharing the detailed update and the pictures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 KJ2023

thanks for the update! So if snagging is being done at different times will everyone be moving in at different stages does anyone know ?

thanks

Yes. I think it will be done in phases

Thanks a ton for the inside pictures of your house. Hoping mine would be in the same state. Can't wait for summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GG_AZ

Dear Future Neighbours,

I hope this message finds you all well. As we continue to build our community and foster stronger bonds among us, I'm excited to share that I've created a Facebook group dedicated to our society. This group will serve as a central platform for us to stay updated on the progress of our houses, streamline discussions, and connect as future neighbours.

🏠 Facebook Group Link:

https://www.facebook.com/share/qVjGmnqsn9zay2X2/?mibextid=K35XfP

If anyone feels comfortable joining this would be great. By doing so, we can ensure that vital information regarding our homes and community is easily accessible to all. Plus, it's a great way to get to know each other before we become neighbours!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the Facebook group! and open to suggestions :)

Question for home owners who have already moved in from previous phases or anybody that knows of measurements -

Do you think a “75cm” Gas/Electric hob would be suitable to be installed in the provided kitchen counter opening or will it only fit 60cm ones ?

As far as I remeber Joe was saying that bigger hob ~80cm will be ok when i asked during visit. I would drop email to EA so they can asked him.

hello Everyone! Has anyone been on site lately? Looking to see if anyone has taken pictures or seen what is the latest update in terms of progress.

Thank you

hey, any updates?

I heard back that snagging on going and road works pending weather condition.

Some pictures of the outside I managed to take when I went around on 6th. Roads this side look worse. The other side after this road was definitely more like completed outside but I think the weather had stopped works outside. It had started raining immediately after these few pictures and couldn’t take more. Since the houses were locked I was just able to peep inside through windows and happy to see the progress ongoing in terms of doors, skirting, kitchen installation etc. It appeared they were working on installing the heating system in mine

• Advertisement

Probably 43A-48 will snag first. Did you or anyone in these start their snagging ?

Advertisement