Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2022 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The weather is absolutely horrible today, very blustery and frequent showers and at bursts of heavy sideways rain.

Thankfully I have recovered from Covid and back testing negative. The week of warm and sunny conditions before last weekends cold spell was heavenly and while having covid I was able to sit out in the back garden everyday and recover with the strong sunshine and warm temperatures helping me to recover quicker. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on Kirmit's thread, very much appreciated, feeling much better now.

As we went from 18C and sunny days down to 8-10C, I then developed a bit of a toothache which could be down to a sharp seasonal change in the weather over a very short period of time.

The toothache seemed to go away over the past 2 days as the weather has been a bit milder again. Feeling fairly chilly again today and looks like we have another week of cool weather to go. I am hoping for a big lift up in temperatures from Easter onwards and hopefully more summery conditions as we head into May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,560 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Now that you're better Gonzo can you give us some good weather predictions pretty please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Belmullet gusting 54 knots (100km/h) at 5pm

And Mace Head 107kmh at 1700. Very gusty in Galway City, definitely potentially tree damaging gusts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭appledrop

Gonzo, hope you didn't have Covid too bad, glad your recovering well.

It's amazing the power of sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭pauldry

Winds gusting over 100kph in the West. Could be like this till 2am. Don't have too many storms in the NW in April. Usually it's our solid month for sun. Post Easter may get to 18c or more but until then it's cack.

9pm

Mace head gusting 55 knots

Newport 54 knots

Belmullet 52 knots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Horrible cold often wet and windy like late October.

A gust of 59 knots(109 km/h) at Newport on the 10pm met reports. Wild enough out west.

• Advertisement

Yeah our gate blew down and seen goals down the park that are pretty heavy blown over. 60mph gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Hairypoppins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild it certainly is out here in the ocean.. And yes some almighty gusts...

Very gusty here in carrick on Shannon, plants knocked over and I've put the bins on their back just in case

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A very wild night here in Meath and a horrific wind chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭zisdead

Very gusty here in D22. As bad as the yellows possibly even the last Orange we had in 2022 for wind.

Up doing the night feed + that wind is absolutely horrific!

Scaring the life out of me. Trees all bending over. Hope its gone by school run in morning.

Surely should have been a wind warning for whole of Ireland not just the West?

It's currently gusting at 42 knots(78km/h) at Casement.

Yep, it's freaking me out, hate when it's that windy. Wasn't expecting it as no wind warning for Dublin as far as I know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Definitely worse here(north county Wicklow) than the so called storms we’ve had recently where I am. Wild oul night. Have Met Éireann ran out of storm names or are they on annual leave this week?

• Advertisement

A night to be... remembered! The high volume (!) gale raged on with rain battering the windows at full pitch until almost six am. The volume lessened then but still windy and wet. I have not ventured out yet but there well may be white tops to the far mountains. BITTERLY cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lost electric at about 1.30am for 4 hours due to the wind. We've had named storms that haven't been as bad. Just about to check for damage outside.

Co. Leitrim

Nasty ominous sky; thick clouds of darkest gray and a biting snarling wind ...but quieting now

West Mayo offshore

A tree 2 bins and some of gate down.

Still only got to 100kph in Sligo but sounded worse. That'll do now wind. That'll do.

Calm and quiet ,,, Ana now the clouds are diminishing. there is indeed a smattering of snow atop the furthest mountains.

A lovely afternoon with the sun starting to shine fully

Offshore West Mayo

Last night was propably the windiest night in over a year, everything was creaking and rattling with the wind, some branches down in the garden and garden furniture knocked over.

The good news is that we should see a decent lift up in temperatures beginning from this Monday, with temperatures possibly reaching 20 or 21C during Easter weekend, after that we may go into another cold spell.

• Advertisement

What part you in, I'm in carrick on Shannon and we didn't lose power but boy it was gusty

Just outside Fenagh, Ballinamore.

No damage thank God but power was out for a good few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,786 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Met forecasting a mini heatwave, with a tropical air plume due to sit on us. This also means heavy rainfall for south and west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The hills are all white here this morning in Donegal, a pleasant looking surprise.

A bitter bitter chill breath off the ocean. Blue skies threatened by ponderous clouds. A chicken soup day..

And sudden strong intermittent wind gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

Recent wintry looking shower on the N4, near Leixlip, Dublin

Post edited by highdef on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cool here in Kerry despite the sunshine, creeping up to 8.4C now , hail shower this morning.

Good frost this morning after getting down to -1.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Afternoon getting gusty and the wind is battering the window panes. But I've a good turf fire on and plenty of sods beside me. Some nice stew I think. The two dogs inside and curled up near by.

North Kildare

Onshore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dont think thats snow highdef, been hailstoning on an off for the last couple of hours in Dublin, big stones too. Wintry all the same.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Winter finally arrives in Greystones. 👍️ Heavy hail with lots of lightning/thunder.

What a mad day it has turned out to be.

Started off freezing this morning but lovely and sunny, and finally no breeze so school walk was very pleasant once wrapped up and I was thinking it will be pleasant by afternoon in that sun.

School finished early, so was looking forward to trip to park. Then out of nowhere wind started picking up + it was bitter cold + then the hail showers came.

So much for spring, more like winter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A tough 40km drive this evening with wet snow settling in parts and a few icy patches on high ground, 0C and foggy too just to test my driving skills in the left hand drive!

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

Another wintry night out there.

Currently -3 at Athenry.

Horrible day out blustery cold and dull. Would this winter ever feck off now please.

Nice day in Arklow yesterday, got cloudy but dry

Dry and cloudy so far today

But a wonderfully disturbed cloudscape

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fine morning in Greystones (so far) but dark thundery looking cloud building from the south.

Strong cold winds cutting you in two in Leitrim. Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Is there any sign of the weather taking up? Or at least warming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cold, wet, dark in Wicklow now.

Weather was more Spring like in December to be honest.

Wet this evening but at least that godawful biting cold wind is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely Easter holidays. Lashing rain Wicklow hills this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely Easter holidays. Lashing rain Wicklow.

Yeah, last two days have been horrible, so disappointing on Easter holiday.

The cinema/ play centres will be packed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭pad199207

Miserable morning in Kildare with pulses of moderate rain.

• Advertisement

Dry here in Castlebar with a mix of cloud and short sunny spells. Feeling much milder in any sunshine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement