Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely cool bright day in Kerry capped off with a great outdoor concert this evening back in West Kerry, cool at around 8C but well wrapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well we finally got rain yesterday evening in NCD.

It wasn't loads but enough I'd say to leep plants happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

Wev had barely 200mm of rain in Sligo since mid December. The past month probably 40mm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo

• Met Éireann Weather Warning
    • Very strong southwest winds veering northwest are expected on Wednesday afternoon and evening. Winds will be strongest at the coast with some severe gusts at times too, which may make driving conditions difficult.
    • Valid: 13:00 Wednesday 06/04/2022 to 21:00 Wednesday 06/04/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Very meh weather that grey overcast appearance like a night in October breezy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Would any of the more knowledgeable regulars have any opinion on how next week is looking in the west. Hoping to get the house painted and need a few dry days. MT isn't given much deatail yet beyond Monday. He says the rest of the week looks fairly bland and mild but I'm not sure what that means in terms of rainfall. FI thread has gone very quiet also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I hate this kind of weather so much, blustery windy nonsense for days now. And going to get colder and even windier tomorrow, hurray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Met Éireann warning about fallen trees and dangerous driving conditions, this storm today must have a bit of a bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Very blustery out there today, I got soaked so had to change my clothes, to get frosty the weekend I see

Yep, I was same. Left house when it was sunny, but was well prepared for showers with raincoat and raincover for buggy.

Thankfully had the walk nearly completed when the heavens opened.

Torrential rain, car park all flooded in parts + raincover had a mini river running off it by time we got to car!

Of course 5 mins later, all sunny again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The weather is absolutely horrible today, very blustery and frequent showers and at bursts of heavy sideways rain.

Thankfully I have recovered from Covid and back testing negative. The week of warm and sunny conditions before last weekends cold spell was heavenly and while having covid I was able to sit out in the back garden everyday and recover with the strong sunshine and warm temperatures helping me to recover quicker. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on Kirmit's thread, very much appreciated, feeling much better now.

As we went from 18C and sunny days down to 8-10C, I then developed a bit of a toothache which could be down to a sharp seasonal change in the weather over a very short period of time.

The toothache seemed to go away over the past 2 days as the weather has been a bit milder again. Feeling fairly chilly again today and looks like we have another week of cool weather to go. I am hoping for a big lift up in temperatures from Easter onwards and hopefully more summery conditions as we head into May.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Now that you're better Gonzo can you give us some good weather predictions pretty please?

Belmullet gusting 54 knots (100km/h) at 5pm

And Mace Head 107kmh at 1700. Very gusty in Galway City, definitely potentially tree damaging gusts.

Gonzo, hope you didn't have Covid too bad, glad your recovering well.

It's amazing the power of sunshine.

Winds gusting over 100kph in the West. Could be like this till 2am. Don't have too many storms in the NW in April. Usually it's our solid month for sun. Post Easter may get to 18c or more but until then it's cack.

9pm

Mace head gusting 55 knots

Newport 54 knots

Belmullet 52 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Horrible cold often wet and windy like late October.

A gust of 59 knots(109 km/h) at Newport on the 10pm met reports. Wild enough out west.

• Advertisement

Yeah our gate blew down and seen goals down the park that are pretty heavy blown over. 60mph gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hairypoppins

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild it certainly is out here in the ocean.. And yes some almighty gusts...

Very gusty here in carrick on Shannon, plants knocked over and I've put the bins on their back just in case

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A very wild night here in Meath and a horrific wind chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Very gusty here in D22. As bad as the yellows possibly even the last Orange we had in 2022 for wind.

Up doing the night feed + that wind is absolutely horrific!

Scaring the life out of me. Trees all bending over. Hope its gone by school run in morning.

Surely should have been a wind warning for whole of Ireland not just the West?

It's currently gusting at 42 knots(78km/h) at Casement.

Yep, it's freaking me out, hate when it's that windy. Wasn't expecting it as no wind warning for Dublin as far as I know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Definitely worse here(north county Wicklow) than the so called storms we’ve had recently where I am. Wild oul night. Have Met Éireann ran out of storm names or are they on annual leave this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A night to be... remembered! The high volume (!) gale raged on with rain battering the windows at full pitch until almost six am. The volume lessened then but still windy and wet. I have not ventured out yet but there well may be white tops to the far mountains. BITTERLY cold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement