Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helen McEntee & Those Donations - threadbanned users in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

She returned it of her own accord. She didn't accept it. She couldn't stop someone using three companies to donate to her, what she could do, and she did, was return the money once she realised it.

This is completely baseless stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,282 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Did people comment on that issue? Ask questions? Proclaim guilt?

Yeh they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

from what I am reading when she was making her returns to SIPO the error was spotted and she return the payment. It came from three different companies so it is plausible that staff in the office wouldn't have considered it a single donation. No body is denying what happened but has anything illegal happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am saying she is severely underqualified. No experience whatsoever.

Maybe you could point to something she has done for her constituency, or in her time leading up to her appointment as MoJ?

The only other TD I can think of that was appointed so quickly was Zappone. Oh, O'Gorman and Foley.

TBH, FG defending it is all good in my book.

How do you know she returned it of her own accord. She says she did the newspaper says SIPO 'forced her' to do it. Which is a dramatic difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah yes the modern world where you get a pass because you are

• a woman
    • some racial minority preferably black, but brown or even one of our own ethnic minority will suffice at a push
    • gay, lesbian, queer, trans or god knows but definitely not straight
    • a non historically Irish religion bar of course Judaism
    • supposedly mentally ill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Grand so. Is it okay if some of us discuss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,019 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If SIPO forced her to do so, would that put her in the same category of those TDs who had to give back expenses following an audit?

Don't remember any of them getting a thread on that issue. Don't remember any of them being proclaimed anything except innocent by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

What has Zappone got to do with anything? desperate attempt to switch the subject

You seem incapable of having the ability to answer a question, which suggest you have no answers.

• Advertisement

Not sure what this comment is supposed to be about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

It is a fairly reasonable comparison to be fair. A lot of the posters on here are the usual SF supporters. So, if the concerned citizens are worried about the Helen McEntee donations their heads should be exploding when they hear about the millions that SF routed through the UK to avoid SIPO. The irony of it as well, using the UK's rules to bypass the rules in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My My it's gotten lively today , but of course as with everything in relation to a particular Political party , Lots of Questions, very few Answer's.

It's intriguing 7 days after creating this Thread , posing ligitmate questions ..

Misogyny

Shinner Bashing

Witches

Deflections

Accusations of Gender Discrimination

Thrown into the mix 🙄

We've even had Maternity leave entitlements thrown in for good measure.

But of course, still no real explanations of what has occurred, Put plainly for those not getting it. A Number of Donations made in convenient amounts, this was somehow "Over looked" , at a minimum and regardless of wether the donations were returned, serious breaches occurred here. Its simply beggars belief Helen Mc Entee was not aware of the donations.

Then there's her Explanations to Leo, I've mentioned how Ironic that is, given his own little predictiment and then amazingly Helens Husband appointed to a Fund raising Roll for FG, just very recently 🙄

Twist, Turn, Huff and puff till the house falls down, these are facts as reported and Not as of yet been refuted or Denied.

Questions also remain about the Celebratory Party held at Tayto Land and I'd be confident more than a few packs of cheese and onion criisps offered on the menu.

Some have said there's a wiff of cheese and Onion about this, I'd suggest a hint of Salt and Vinegar also 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Ah come on now you can't be that bad.

It should be the best person for the job not because someone ticks a box of some sort.

There is now a hierarchy of deserving and capability is way down the list.

I destest Sinn fein and it is very plain to see if you can manage to find my posts in this screw up of a new site.

And I would have labelled myself a FG supporter for years all the way back to Garrett.

But the new FG is a cesspit of incompetent preening gits.

Sinn fein have lots of questions to answer, very serious ones, but that doesn't offer fg, ff or anyone else a free fooking pass.

Oh and as I said the FG schills are as obvious as the ones from sinn fein.

Zappone is an example of another FG appointment, that was looked after (but nobody seems to know why), Enda Kenny and Leo both looked after her, and we know how that ended.

You haven't answered any questions I have asked before, dodged them all.

Deflection? Coming from you??? 🤣

Come back to me when you have answered my questions from two or three pages ago.

where did it say she was 'forced' to ... my reading of it was that she repaid it when doing the SIPO returns ? Shure - you can't believe anything the MSM says anyway

Why, where are you getting your info from?

The minister was forced to return the vast majority of a €4,200 donation given to her by Mr Coyle as it was in breach of Standards in Public Office Commission (Sipo) rules.

Justice Minister Helen McEntee won’t say if Tayto boss Ray Coyle gave other donations - Independent.ie

You can always tell when someone is totally out of their depth, it always but but but ....Zappone

This again is a post which is suggesting a highly educated person who has won multiple elections and won praise from politicians across Europe got her job because she is a woman.

How dare she think she can do a job like that?

Highly educated my hole.

She did a basic arts type degree and then did a master's degree in a commerical type college, not a university.

Oh and she worked for a couple of years in a bank.

And winning a few elections is not some great indication of intellectual ability, academic achievement or understanding of a topic.

FFS have you seen the calibre of our elected representatives.

Two of them are making a holy show of us at this moment in Brussels.

Oh wipee do she won praise from fellow elected trough feeders around Europe.

All you keep dragging this back to is "she is a woman".

That is your entire justification for her position and it is your entire get out clause.

How fooking dare we question her ability because of course "she is a woman".

• Advertisement

So we should be grateful of a 50% cut in spin 🙄 I must remember to email Leo to thank him

I have , all of them , have you 😏, I'm expecting more .

Forced by who? Notice the media language ... the rules forced her to return it when doing the SIPO returns ... very different to a SIPO investigation which forced the return.

this is a media driven bit of mud slinging that you are falling for

How come then the rules didn't force her when the money came in?

And BTW that is not how I read the article. McEntee mentions nothing of being forced by the rules.

Yes. Zappone. Another example of FG pawning after somebody and appointing them ahead of better options in their own party, and promising them all sorts.

Sorry, highly educated? politicians across Europe?

You can always tell when somebody has no substance to their argument, just backing somebody, well... just because. ..

I think reading the first line of this post would stop most people from reading the rest of it, unfortunately for myself I read the rest of it.

I think the best is "a basic arts type degree", yet only about 50% of people in Ireland have a degree. 8% of people in Ireland have a Master. Based on that it is highly doubtful any of the people on this thread, including me, hold a Masters.

I find it strange that people lower themselves to try and insult someone else's level of education when they clearly have never managed to achieve the same level. If they did they would be aware of how difficult it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

A minister of justice is meant to be above any mud. She has already been embroiled in many political controversy's in her short political career already. Enacting ridiculous legislation like online bullying isnt good enough & is only playing to the plebs. Also, where do you draw the line, its a dangerous piece of legislation & could end up affecting her target market more than she realizes, feminists with an agenda, as they are often known to be the heaviest of social media users. Could see that one backfiring on her when more & more women are getting dragged up in front of the courts for harassing an ex.

She lacks objectivity, barely stopping short of condemning all Irish men after the murder of Aisling Murphy even though it was one of her governments policies that caused this. Just silence then when it became clear it was a foreign national with no proper connections or history to this country. Shes not meant to engage in misandry, it was disgusting to see her revel in it against the vast majority of decent men in this country.

She lacks experience, she was out of her depth in Europe & is out of her depth in this ministry now. Michael McDowell (Senior Barrister), Alan Dukes (Economist), Sean Lemass (Taoiseach), Shatter (Solicitor), Haughey (Taoiseach) all occupied this position previously. She's an embarrassment to the position with her masters in communication & media studies. Ive met more than a few clowns with masters in qualifications like this. Couldnt tell their arse from their elbow many of them.

Main reason why she is where she is because she's Varadkars lackey. Nothing more, nothing less.

Online bullying is ridiculous legislation? Tell that’s to the family of kids who have killers themselves because of online trolls and bullies.

As I pointed out 8% of the population have a masters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Theres legislation in place already to deal with stalking & harassment, this was nothing more than an attempt to virtue signal.

I dont care about the % having a masters in a particular area, this doesnt qualify you for one of the highest positions in the land. Its mainly media studies for gods sake as well, thats exactly the opposite of the type of politician this country needs. All finger waving style but no substance.

Educate yourself on the legislation that the previous ministers introduced, the list is long & substantial.

Advertisement