Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Ok we will come back to KeefyRamone for the next referral. @copperspock please send sfatih a referral link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'm ready to send link now if it helps, I know that would be qjumping , but just letting you know.

We'll give @copperspock 24 hours.

@sfatih if you still dont have copperspocks referral link by first thing tomorrow morning please message Mech1 for a link and post here to let us know when you get it. Thanks.

I'm gona put @Mech1 down for @sfatih's referral since copperspock and KeefyRamone have not been active on boards for a while. If either become active again and post here they will get next referral.

Update Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022)
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd

Next person looking for a referral PM @copperspock for a referral link. Please do not create a meta account before opening the referral link. Open the referral link, click login to continue and create a meta account (I recommend setup with email*) before turning on your headset for the first time. Then use the same meta account login you created to set up the headset. Thanks.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want.

Post edited by jj880 on

Link sent to sfatih just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sfatih

Hey guys, I couldn't activate it in my first try. Resetting the device fixes this. I also removed the device from meta quest app. Open the app->settings->devices->factory reset.

Now you can use the invitation and link it with your account because device is removed from your account.

On your first try did you open the referral link before creating a meta account and before activating the headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Argh I spotted this too late. I hadn't checked the thread in a while yeah, but I'll leave the tab permanently open now so I don't miss the next referral request.

No worries. Referrer list updated. You're next again. Not sure what to do to keep it fair but I think if you miss the next referral (24 hours) we'll have to keep @F00t13f4n next in the queue then you get the next referral after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Aye that's grand. Cheers!

I created a meta account and activated the device with it. After that, I opened the ref link and it failed.

I did a factory reset and removed the device from the oculus app. And then the link worked.

Ok good to know. The number 1 rule is use the referral link before creating a meta account and before turning on the headset but I will add your instructions to our referral steps just in case someone activates first and still wants to use a referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

I got a referral from Cyborg months ago, but never asked to be added to the referral list myself.

Can you please add me jj880?

Update Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck

Next person looking for a referral PM @copperspock for a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral:

1. Please do not create a meta account before opening the referral link.
    2. Please do not activate your headset before opening the referral link.
    3. Open the referral link.
    4. Click login to continue.
    5. Create a meta account (I recommend setup with email*).
    6. Use the same meta account login you created to set up the headset.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral (thanks to boards user @sfatih - PM me if this needs corrected):

1. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to redownload and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    2. Remove the Meta Quest 2 from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.
    4. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    5. Setup your headset again.
    Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You're a dedicated man @jj880 ... cheers for the hard work!

I got my credit thanks, what's the story? Can I rejoin the end of the redeem list, I guess we are gonna need codes come christmas.

No 2nd entry on the referrer list. If we ever get to the end of the list it will restart. Not sure what you mean by codes?

Fyi If anyone gets to 3 or 5 completed referrals you will get a referral entry for bonus credit in the mobile app. However it will be in dollars and cannot be redeemed. I opened a chat with Meta support just to see if Quest users in Ireland are entitled to this credit. They were happy to give me the 15 euro credit no problem as a "reward for supporting meta with referrals" 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Used @copperspock referral link. Please add me to the list @jj880 when next updating. Thanks

• Advertisement

Update Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2

Next person looking for a referral PM @F00t13f4n for a referral link.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

1. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to redownload and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    2. Remove the Meta Quest 2 from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Is there a dedicated meta Occulus thread for questions about games or setting up?

I have a second meta 2 headset I haven't set up yet. I already have one on my phone app and want to put the second on the same app, is it just a case of logging out of phone app and signing in with new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You're probably already doing this but just to be sure dont forget to try using the referral link from the app for your 1st headset when setting up the 2nd headset with the steps above. 30 euro free credit for each meta account used. I haven't used app sharing but still worth trying for the 2x30 euro as from what Ive read some games/addons dont app share across headsets so you might have to double buy some stuff. (Open to correction on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cheers ya just set up and used headset 1 for referral.

BTW Hyper Dash is free on meta store now. Haven't played it but 'purchased' it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Can I please be added to the referrer list?

I need a referral for Christmas morning so not sure if its too soon to ask for one yet??

Not too soon. Pm @F00t13f4n for a referral link and follow the steps 1-5 for accepting a referral. Then do step 6 on Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Updated Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2
    • Only

Next person looking for a referral PM @Horse_Boii for a referral link.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Horse_Boii

Refferal Link has now been sent to snkly

Thanks everyone

Advertisement