Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭jj880

Its all gone a bit quiet in here. There are plenty of facebook groups where you can offer to give referrals. I have gotten a few recently. We can refer UK accounts also.

Oculus app has been updated. Looks like we can create a referral link to be shared with anyone just like Quest 2 owners can in USA. I haven't tried this yet but Im thinking now we can skip the step where we need to be facebook friends to refer someone. If anyone has done this (or does this on their next referral) without facebook friending please let us know.

Screenshot of new referral section in oculus app:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KeefyRamone

I've tried this with one person in Ireland. You don't have to add me to fb, but not sure if it'll work outside of Ireland yet. I'll post my referral link here when Boards.ie let's me.

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone

@KeefyRamone Good to know we dont need to facebook friend anymore. I've added you to the list of referrers. It's been a bit quiet on the referrals the last while but hopefully it picks up this year when more people get a quest 2. Next person looking for a referral please PM deckie27 for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KeefyRamone

Ah, thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Hi. Can I be added to the referral list please. I got my Q2 at xmas but only just thought of looking for a referral group here.

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock

Next person looking for a referral please PM deckie27 for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

Please add me to the referral offered list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Thanks for the referral @deckie27 The €30 store credit came through nearly straight away!

Can you add me to the Referrer List, please?

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n

Next person looking for a referral please PM WarZoneBrother for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Post back here once the referral credit is successfully applied to let us know to move on to the next referrer. Thanks.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Horse_Boii

Please add me to the referral offered list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I can imagine referral opportunities drying up a bit with the price increase. Maybe at Black Friday there'll be a better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How do the referral links work if you don't have Facebook now? Maybe I can get in on this finally 😁

Referral links created in the mobile app now go to the meta account creation/login page. When someone gets a referral from WarZoneBrother I'll update the referrer list.

Hopefully now comin up to Christmas we'll get some more. Last Black Friday there was 50 euro credit given with every purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Have just messaged WarZoneBrother for a referral link. Can I be added to the referrer list, please?

EDIT: ballsed up the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

oh thought I was gonna get on the list in the next revision? In post #44 :)

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42

Next person looking for a referral please PM Doge for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Once the referral has been successfuly accepted please post back here to let us know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Just bought an Oculus there so I'll PM Doge after this message. If I can be added to the list then please

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79

Next person looking for a referral please PM me (jj880) for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Once the referral has been successfuly accepted please post back here to let us know. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I have pmed @JACK BE NIMBLE a referral link.

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE

Next person looking for a referral PM KeefyRamone for a referral link. Please accept the referral before turning on your headset for the first time. Thanks.

Houston we have a problem. @JACK BE NIMBLE could not accept my referral link. I thought it would be a simple set up meta account and accept. He has went ahead and set up his Quest 2 (dont blame him - I couldnt wait to play mine either 😆) so I have rolled back the Referrer List by 1 person. Could someone who has successfully accepted a referral since the changeover to Meta accounts help us out - here is the screen that pops up after opening my referral link. Which option should we be going for to get the referral credit succesully applied and what are the next steps if you can remember? @A2LUE42 @bungaro79 Thanks.

Edit: here is what we have from the official meta guide for referrals:

🤷

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE

Next person looking for a referral PM me (jj880) for a referral link. Please accept the referral before turning on your headset for the first time. Thanks.

Post edited by jj880 on

Ok been reading through some Quest groups on referrals. Seems there is a bug where if you create a meta account before using a referral link the referral does not work. @JACK BE NIMBLE did set up his meta account before trying to use my link. Not his fault. Poor referral system from Meta. They should fix this. For now though on the next referral could we try not creating a meta account before opening the referral link. I recommend creating a meta account using email address after opening referral link:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wallaby72

Please add me to the referral offered list. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Splish Splash

Hi, could I please be added to the referrals list too? TIA

No problem. Will update list after next referral 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sfatih

Hey guys. Could you add me to the list? I requested link from jj880. Will active it once I got the link.

@sfatih I already sent my referral link to @Treppen. @KeefyRamone please send your referral link to sfatih.

Update Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd

Next person looking for a referral PM KeefyRamone for a referral link. Please do not create a meta account before opening the referral link. Open the referral link, click login to continue and create a meta account (I recommend setup with email*) before turning on your headset for the first time. Then use the same meta account login you created to set up the headset. Thanks.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Richnerd

Please add me to the referral offered list. Thanks

Pity i didn't know this before i activated my headset but thanks for including me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 sfatih

I havent got any ref link from @KeefyRamone yet. Can someone else send it?

Advertisement