Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

2nd negative antigen this morning so had Covid for 8 days - symptoms from 19th march till now with symptoms now mainly no sense of smell, a blocked nose and fatigue. Chills, high temperatures, aches and pains and nausea gone - no cough or sore throat.

I did 4 hours of admin today and now on the couch whacked. I do think that the younger you are the better you recover and the lesser of the symptoms you have..

best of luck to you all

Got my positive antigen Fri.,26th AM..... laid up all weekend/ lots of Netflix .....find the fatigue to be the biggest symptom. Anyhow, managed 2hr walk with best doggies in Ireland this morn.....& that was the MAX! Not fit for owt rest of the day ...... just beat after that. The 'line' on the antigen test still very pronounced today.....'perhaps' a bit fainter than Fri but definitely still very clear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

One thing this has taught me, that while the symptoms may be like a cold, this is definitely not a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Thought I was back at 90% health yesterday....

Back at about 60% today...wrecked again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I'm the same. Tested negative yesterday after 8 days and I'm absolutely knackered today. Had more energy yesterday.

• Advertisement

I feel pretty good today. I went for a brief walk yesterday and felt fine. Today I have a lot more energy. I'll try go for another walk after work today.

So I tested positive on Monday the 21st. As of today, I'm still testing positive even though I feel a lot better.

What am I supposed to do, in this instance? Do I keep self isolating until I get a negative result?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Day7 today...I'm feeling ok..few if any symptoms yesterday and today...HSe site says in that case I'm out of jail tomorrow...however this morning still instantly positive on antigen..HSE site doesn't mention antigens...thoughts?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just over 2 weeks after getting a +antig.

Felt OK after a week and clear antig 5 days in but the last few days I've been rough as boots. Chest and nasal infection. Tired and grumpy. I ignored my own advice pushed myself too much too soon.

It's a manky dose. A dirty sticky bomb of a dose. For some (me included) the symptoms weren't as severe as a flu but it's hard to put my finger on but this virus feels different. It sits deep in the system - physically and psychologically and it doesn't take much to re-agitate symptoms when you think it's dead and buried.

Filthy dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Something about this seems to hit people in the second week and beyond. The first week tends to be a cold, and then that clears up, but then it lingers on in different ways. YMMV, but lots of people I know, and people posting here, seem to have that experience.

Still testing positive, though the line is very faint now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My daughter is positive. Vomited and I tested. No fever, cough or cold. Other two have a cough and cold as do I for two weeks which is not covid as I tested us all lots, but he randomly vomited now so I imagine he'll test positive too soon. Anyone else finding it's a gastro illness? We have been whacked this year with coughs colds and vomiting bugs but I never imagined it'd be covid this time, would have expected a fever

New variant apparently is more gastro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Any idea when that arrived?

I had gastro illness month ago but assumed it wasnt covid just sth I ate although I hadnt eaten out.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My daughter is on day three of a positive antigen and it's almost barely visible... If I didn't test her then I wouldn't have caught it.. After feeling sick and a single vomit I tested, I heard loads of cases of vomiting in the school over the last few weeks, I imagine some of it is Covid and people aren't testing / catching it. They also have had recent brutal vomiting doses that weren't covid. It's impossible to know based on symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beanie5

Would definitely agree with that @eviltimeban

My toddler started coughing last week during her nap so we all decided to test. All positive. All it was for me was a bit of a sore throat, a sniffle for husband. All thought we were over it in a few days. Start of the second week husband went downhill and turns out he had a secondary bacterial chest infection and was put on antibiotics. Toddler has been hammered since - even had a night in A&E - bacterial URT infection, croup, UTI. Poor pet still isn't right. I'm down with the same secondary URT infection. Very nasty dose altogether.

On stomach bugs just watch out that hand gel doesnt kill norovirus. Need soap and water. Could be a factor as it seems to be back with a vengeance

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/health-news/norovirus-symptoms-six-signs-watch-26624394

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

So had symptoms this day last week , negative antigen but felt like **** , went for PCR on Thursday and results came back late Friday that the PCR was inconclusive and to retest which I did on Sunday.

Mean time I got a positive antigen and no surprise positive PCR result on Monday.

So into this a week and still a very light line on antigen test. Symptoms wise it’s all in my chest , shortness of breath and coughing fits . Even walking up the stairs has me breathless.

I had asthma as a kid and grew out of it but but covid seems to have given me very similar symptoms even to the point I needed to get an inhaler from GP , really struggling for breath.

Glad I am fully vaccinated because I recon i would have been a hospital case if I wasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

think i have it too, flu like symptoms my nose is like a dripping tap - where can i get a covid test kit, a chemist?

• Advertisement

Chemist for sure... most supermarkets have them at the till also and some fuel stations.

and does it give an instant result? or do i have to send it off to a lab?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sudocremegg

Day 1 - Sore throat lasting an hour - Negative Antigen test

Day 2 - Pressure in my head, pulsating temples lasted for an hour

Day 3 - Same feeling lasting an hour - Negative antigen test.

Day 4 - Fatigue, sore throat, fever - Positive antigen

Day 5 - Cough Fatigue, Aches, Sore Throat, Runny sinuses, Fever, Sweating and Chills, Lower back pain, trouble sleeping - Positive PCR

Day 6 - Same as above, still chills/sweating, pain in my back, cough worse. Lost taste in the morning but was back for lunch.

Day 7 - Sore throat gone, cough still here, lower back pain is worse, slightly more energetic but now nauseous in stomach.

Not been bed bound, still able to get up and do some things like light housework. I've had worse chest infections/flu's the last 2 years that weren't covid. This just feels very different. Hard to describe but you'd know is not your typical illness.

Antigen test, you check it after 15 minutes exactly, will you give you a result.

I'd recommend swabbing the throat then nostril. The instructions usually say to swab 2 nostrils but later variants seem to be detected in throat (where your tonsils should be) area.

This is a good how to video from an official source - NHS:

https://www.facebook.com/NHSwebsite/videos/nhs-a-guide-to-covid-19-self-testing-rapid-lateral-flow-test/4038921156138285/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Just to add to my previous post I did not get a positive antigen till I swabbed both throat and nostrils.. that could have be pure coincidence and maybe it would have been a positive with nasal only … but seems a throat swab picks it up quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Madeoface

Developed Covid as 2 kids and other half all developed it over last 4 weeks. Little lad had it twice in 8 weeks. Positive antigens. Kids grand after 3 days.

My wife on day 8, still coughing and tired but not as groggy.

I'm day 2. Temperature, cough, blocked nose and one lung very troublesome (had a bad infectionin it 5 years ago). Like a bad flu but not sleeping is the worst. Like another poster said, can kind of tell its not a run of the mill flu.

i did it today with the Boson Kit and got a negative, could have sworn i have it....how accurate are these kits? or should i just book a PCR?

The tests are pretty accurate but 'fussy' ... you could be negative today but positive tomorrow and vice versa. Sometimes the swab doesnt pick up enough of the virus.

Its possible you have a flu rather than covid.

Theres details here on how to get PCR test but seems to be not encouraged now for most people.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/testing_for_covid19.html

day 1 (sunday) - slight fatigue, cough, headache. not sure if getting sick. negative home test

day 2 (monday) - massive throbbing headache most of the day. day off work. some cough. negative home test earlier in the day, faint positive in the evening

day 3 (tuesday) - headache better. cough + fatigue worse. some nasal congestion. day off work. positive PCR. lots of coughing at night

day 4 (wednesday) - mostly better but lingering/weird symptoms coming and going (dizziness? digestive issues? momentary shortness of breath? panic attacks? etc). sore throat. still coughing. nasal congestion. day off work.

optimistically hoping to be able to start working again tomorrow since I can wfh and don't absolutely have to be on video for meetings. not sure how long to expect lingering symptoms to linger. not sure if being too optimistic.

about average risk demographically as far as age/fitness/overall health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mun1

Tested positive on Tuesday morning .

Healthy and active 52 year old .

have to say I didn’t think I’d get this sick and it’s came as a bit of a shock.

sore throat which is really debilitating , chest wheezing , spikes in temp, aches and pains , massive headaches .

seems to come in waves . Thought I’d be rushing to A&E a few hours ago as couldn’t catch my breath.

no sleep past 2 nights

Advertisement