Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

eskimohunt threadbanned

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Tested positive on Wednesday morning.

After feeling better last night I feel a bit of discomfort in back again and the bottom/back of my throat feels a bit horrible from the increased coughing over the past few hours and a bit more hoarse.

Did a lateral flow test and almost as soon as the sample hits the paper it's coming up as positive, thick red line so can' imagine I'm going to be in a position where I'm negative until at least mid next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

How long are folk awaiting pcr test results?

Did pcr friday afternoon no results yet...

Dying since Thursday (but getting better) positive antigen yesterday (weak line) but test were neg on thurs / fri...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The sore throat is definitely the worst thing for me, most severe one I ever had I would say. Gargling salt water and strepsils. Is there anything else effective I can try to ease it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement

Let's look at a POSITIVE.... I got positive antigen fri/26th early morning...... sleep/rest NEVER came easy to me but last couple of days been sleeping like a new born baby.....10straight hrs last night & I'm already thinking about an afternoon snooze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I have bad hay-fever and it seems to have kicked off with a bang since Friday. I cannot stop sneezing, literally a hundred times an hour, and my nose is stuffed up. Antigens negative so far thankfully. I'm fairly certain it's hay-fever.

I have also had prolonged close contact with 14 people who have tested positive in the past 10 days but I was wearing n95. But I also had 2 hours unmasked close contact with one person on Tuesday and Wednesday who tested positive a few hours later and is sick.

I'm really not sure where I stand in terms of isolating with the dramatic sneezing symptoms despite negative antigens. I can't isolate with hay-fever obviously or I'd never be able to go anywhere! But with the exceptionally high level of covid around at the moment I'm doubting myself and don't want to unnerve others I'm in contact with either.

More energy again today. Chesty cough but more clearing phlegm than anything.

My heart feels a bit funky though, a bit of tightness in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,672 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Is it worth taking to pharmacist about allergy spray etc..

I would imagine if that stops the sneezing and you are antigen neg its allergy.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

So to add to my post from last night, was feeling fine bar the stuffed nose after my positive test on Wednesday.

Got up at 7 am and went for a walk down Griffith Avenue as I figured it was safe early in the morning with nobody around and I had been locked up since Wednesday.

I would be fairly fit but about 10 minutes later I was totally out of breath with a pain in my chest.

Struggled back home to bed but have a bit of a cough now, a slight head ache and a general weak feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I've been to several immunologists with this over the years. I'm already on prescription antihistamine and sprays. I sometimes get the shot too. None of it works properly. I have many weeks like this every year with allergies. But in the context of covid it all seems more complicated unfortunately!

I walked to the shop and took out the bins and the tightness was getting worse.

Resting on the couch and I feel a lot better. I think it's another day of lying down for me. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

At least you sound sensible and realise covid is a possibility. Alot more would rule out covid and pass it off as allergies and continue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Day 8 for me and feeling better but still have serious fatigue and blocked nose. No energy and Netflix is shite. Appetite is back I’m pleased to say but pain in lower back. Had negative test this morning and will do another test this evening. I want to get out tomorrow if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I got this thanks- im not the world’s greatest gargler so just be careful as I swallowed a little by accident and instantly threw up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭obi604

After avoiding Covid for 2 years, I finally got nabbed. I am triple vacced. First positive was an antigen on Saturday and then confirmed via PCR a few hours ago.

I don’t feel great, temps between 37 and 39, feeling hot and cold etc.

I am a full time home worker, what are the general rules around having Covid and feeling sh1te and working from home. Just turn up at desk and keep going is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,672 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nothing special re covid just like any other illness if you cant work / concentrate then standard sick day process.

Have had a few wfh colleagues take sick days as floored by it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Same as everyone else.....when it's a case of " man down", it's a case of " man down".......sure, to follow on with that logic anyone WFH would never get a sick day again

Yeah. Tis flooring me alright. Shivering and blowing hot and cold. No energy. Temps near hitting 40 yesterday

wouldn’t like to see how I’d be with no vaccine.

true. Understood.

but you know the perception sometimes with the whole working from home thing. Ah you’ll be grand, sure you can just sit at the desk at home and work away etc.

• Advertisement

Yep...... Mrs Mc Carthy was out for a couple of weeks in 2018 ( recovery from op)........that email " pingy" sound was forever in the background.

So now we all have covid...can we get this variant again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Of course, but your body will have learned to deal with it better,i feel more confident going forward if I don't get a 4th vaccine going forward for getting it, positive early Wednesday,functioning to the minimum till Friday evening after a few hours sleep Friday energy came back , back to work Saturday and Sunday, steps readout tell the story 3 to 5k, then 12 k Saturday and 15 today.

so you were out of action for 3 days yeah.

how have others been affected here?

I've had 4 jabs..now on 4th day of bit fceked with covid..mainly a sore throat and a bit of a hacky cough...I'm OK though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Outdoors, kept my distance, it was not possible to isolate from the kids while ill so ended up carrying on as usual, they are still negative so I think they must have had it before me without any symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I took 3 days off last week. Mentally I wasn't capable to prepare effectively for meetings or focus on tasks properly.

I was walloped with all the symptoms, cough being the worst.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I tested positive on Wednesday early morning and generally symptoms progressively increased from there and peaked Saturday night and Sunday morning from what I can tell and how I read it at the moment.

I worked from home Wednesday and Thursday usual hours but had to call it quits at lunchtime on Friday was just felt too weak and had all the symptoms and was really struggling. Back to working from home again today (reduced hours) and hoping to go back to full hours from home tomorrow.

If Saturday and Sunday would have been working days there's no way I would have been working from home from them as too weak, but hopefully I am on downward slope now and the worst is over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement